“Good, not great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Keller, TX
“Good, not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The staff was busy, but helpful. I requested a rollaway bed for our son and they forgot, but when I called to remind them, they were very apologetic and came with the bed about 3 minutes later. As my review title indicates, it was a good stay, but I wouldn't say it was great because while everything went well, the place was pretty busy and starting to show some wear and tear. Our AC did not work that well. It seemed humid in our room. The breakfast bar was kept well stocked and clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hudson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Another great stay at a Hampton Inn. Consistently a great hotel that have a very friendly staff, clean rooms and a delicious breakfast. You never have to worry when you book a room in a Hampton Inn; your stay will always be a pleasant one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Not up to the Hilton standards. This property appears to have been converted from a Super 8 or some other lower tier hotel. The staff was not friendly or available. There is a Fairfield Inn up the road. I am going to try that property next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Maybe because we were a late arrival , but it seemed we were bothering the staff! There were tow people at the desk, one waiting on another customer. When done with the other, mumbled something like come here. Seemed confused when I gave another form of payment other than when I booked and had to be helped by the other. The second did not say anything to us, did not even make eye contact.
I have stayed at 7 Hampton Inns in the past 2 weeks and this one was the pits. They told us nothing about breakfast in the AM or the internet, or really anything.
At least our room key was waiting for us and the desk clerk had to figure that out.
Hotel dated and poor smell compared to the others; warm breakfast disgusting.
Only perk is right off the highway, easy to find, but there are several others on the same street.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Roanoke, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

There is a need for better bathroom floor cleaning, the first room was tacky, changed to another same problem not as bad. Other then that the room was doable. We are Hampton people and have always had a great room. I think they don't have enough help. The rooms were 'sprayed'

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Roanoke, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My daughter lost her necklace during the stay, the cleaning service find it in the sink drainage, retrieve it and send it back to us. This is service beyond the call of duty. The rooms are clean, and they provide complimentary internet service, for a traveller returning from New York city, this is heaven on earth.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were really tired and were driving when we made the reservation online, using a smartphone. Property close to the highway: check. Able to use HHonors points: check, although somewhat high at 30,000. Near an interesting city (Roanoke): check. Somehow though, we ended up with a reservation for a room having just two twin/full beds. Asked the desk clerk for a room with at least a queen bed - this was a couples trip after all and I am accustomed to good service as a Gold level HHonors member - and she quickly but somewhat grumpily complied with what she said (I think) was the only open room with a queen bed. Walked down a faded hallway on the first floor with bleach(?) stains here or there on the carpet (my stated profile preference is for a high floor, but we did want that queen bed) and found a somewhat cramped room with two queen beds. Fridge sort-of cooling, but not really well, so we had to end up eating our leftovers. By the time we crashed after grabbing a quick dinner out, we discovered the a/c unit worked very loudly, such that it was difficult to think. Realized the modern thermostat on the wall did nothing and any operating controls were on the unit under the window. Even when turned down to low speed, the unit would go on with a roar, work for a minute or two and then go off. Breakfast was essentially fine, although I am always disappointed when a hotel in what is essentially unspoiled rural America takes no steps to recycle paper or plastics. We ended up "packing" out recyclables out with us.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!