“Satisfactory” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Etowah, North Carolina
“Satisfactory”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I only stay at this Hampton Inn when the Salem Hampton Inn is filled. The Hollins Hampton Inn is OK. It is convenient to I 81 and there is a good fish restaurant nearby. However it is far away from the two area malls if you like shopping and walking.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Greenwood, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Training for management is need to eliminate a "snippy" attitude. We asked if there was a King Room available and got this reply, "No, we're full!" There was food still in the room refrigerator from the previous guest. This gave the impression that our room was not cleaned. The breakfast eggs seemed like they were the frozen type & heated for the breakfast buffet. They were rubbery and not tasty. Also, a ramp is needed on the west end of the building to give access for a luggage cart. A high curb prevented a cart to be rolled into the parking lot. Our luggage was carried from our parking space (not close tot he door) to the luggage cart which was not very convenient.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

5695 Colony Lane,Hoover,Alabama 35226, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Our one stop Hotel expirience traveling from Alabama to Washingto DC was one of the best in all our trip. the reception after midnigth was perfect we were tired and we find the perfect room. cumplimentary breaksfast was excellent and the checkout was fast we rate this hotel as excellent

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hamilton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

hotel was excellent, we were all 100% pleased with the stay. we all arrived after 10pm and were able to get into our room very quickly, the staff was excellent and so was the morning breakfast. we were pleased..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had no reservation but had driven as far as I could when I decided to stop in at the Hampton Inn Roanoke, VA at about 1 a.m. Despite the time, I was greeted by a very enthusiastic staff and checked in in record time. The room was as expected very nice and even though my stay was brief, I left with a better feeling than when I arrived. How often does this happen? I am not used to giving praise but must give it out on this occasion.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Once again, Hampton Inn has done what they do best. After driving from CANADA, the Roanoke Virginia Hotel lived up to its name by providing me with another EXCELLENT stay after driving for 15 hours. Upon arrival, my family was greeted with a big smile and were offered a beverage and snacks from the lobby area. Room was ready for us as well upon arrival, and was above and beyond what we were expecting for our stay. Will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Alexandria, VA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Clean and professional overall, as befits the chain. But I had some nitpicks. When I saw that small toilet and no fan in the bathroom after a long day on the road, I could see trouble ahead. I'll leave it at that. The indoor pool is really small, suitable only for a dip, not for real exercise or play. And the hotel is not near anything interesting that I'm aware of. It's close to I-81, but if you plan to see things downtown, I'm sure there are places closer-in that you could stay. We had no problems with noise, but it was mid-week.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!