“Not bad... They don't shovel parking lot when there is snow” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“Not bad... They don't shovel parking lot when there is snow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

The workers made us shovel out our own parking spot when there is snow. They didn't even ask to help you shovel they just wait inside staring at you. Other than that the rooms were nice and very good breakfast

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was here for the big snow fall. They found me a room for an extra night, made sure I had what I needed and when the taxi didn't show to get me to the airport, they drove me in their personal car. The man even refused take any money he simply said, "I'm glad I can help, travel safe going home".

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Scotia NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed here en route on I-81. It is right off the highway, the breakfast is exactly what we are all used to at any Hampton Inn. Not great, but there is plenty of choice and it will serve to get you on your way with the minimum delay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the property. There is absolutely no traffic noise, the room is dark a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I regularly stay at Hampton Inns hotels and I have to say that unfortunately my visit to this particular Hampton's doesn't live up to my previous stays. The first main problem was that my room had a very tired feel - very dated furniture and numerous nicks and dents in the walls. The second, more serious problem, was that the door in my room apparently doesn't fit anymore, and when the door was shut you could see (very) visible light from the hall through the bottom half of the door jamb - and when I crouched down, I saw that you could see straight through to the hallway (and vice versa). That said, the service was fine and the breakfast was the same (for better or worse) that I've had at other Hampton's.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Phoenix, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is a decent hotel and very close to where I need to be in Roaonke. However, I recommend skipping the breakfast as the woman who runs it and has ran it the last few times I've been there is a heavy smoker and coughs all over the place, including while around the food.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Cedarville, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed here in early December. After a 6 hour drive we arrived with our 2 young kids around 11:00. They'd been asleep in the car so it took a while to get them to sleep. At 3 am the fire alarm went off. As we scrambled to get the kids shoes and coats together, it stopped. My husband went to front desk to see if it was safe to stay in the room but front desk didn't seem to know what was going on. So he walked the hotel with some other guests and the fire department came. We weren't told what was going on. The next morning no mention of the incident was mentioned and no apology made. I did their online survey afterward and got an email from the assistant manager apologizing and offering a refund. I sent her 2 emails trying to get the refund, but have as of yet, a month later have not received the refund. The heater also kept going on and off all night too waking us up constantly. I will be avoiding Hampton Inns.

Stayed December 2013
Knoxville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Worst breakfast I have ever had at a Hampton - the missing staff was probably the problem - as there was no one to be found. No milk for the cereal - not an empty container - no milk at all. I am not sure how they created the scrambled eggs to be the consistency of jello - but that was very off-putting.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!