“Nice place, skip the breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Phoenix, United States
“Nice place, skip the breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is a decent hotel and very close to where I need to be in Roaonke. However, I recommend skipping the breakfast as the woman who runs it and has ran it the last few times I've been there is a heavy smoker and coughs all over the place, including while around the food.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank R Allen M

Cedarville, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in early December. After a 6 hour drive we arrived with our 2 young kids around 11:00. They'd been asleep in the car so it took a while to get them to sleep. At 3 am the fire alarm went off. As we scrambled to get the kids shoes and coats together, it stopped. My husband went to front desk to see if it was safe to stay in the room but front desk didn't seem to know what was going on. So he walked the hotel with some other guests and the fire department came. We weren't told what was going on. The next morning no mention of the incident was mentioned and no apology made. I did their online survey afterward and got an email from the assistant manager apologizing and offering a refund. I sent her 2 emails trying to get the refund, but have as of yet, a month later have not received the refund. The heater also kept going on and off all night too waking us up constantly. I will be avoiding Hampton Inns.

Stayed December 2013
Knoxville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Worst breakfast I have ever had at a Hampton - the missing staff was probably the problem - as there was no one to be found. No milk for the cereal - not an empty container - no milk at all. I am not sure how they created the scrambled eggs to be the consistency of jello - but that was very off-putting.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

1 Thank Pamela M
Frackville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here on our way to Nashville, TN. Was very close to 81 and easy to find. As with all Hampton Inns we stayed, this was clean, comfortable, and staff was friendly. The breakfast was good and had choices for everyone.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelinggolfer_1
Morrisville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

A great place to stay if you want a QUIET resting place on a busy road. Friendly, clean and efficient. A bit out of the way for high quality dining. (about three miles to a god mall) We follow the same route every year and have settled on this hotel as the best for us in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

1 Thank Gene L
Hollister, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

As usual with Hampton Inn, this hotel is clean, safe, and comfortable. The staff is friendly. The internet speed was a little slow but overall not bad for a hotel. We try to always stay at Hampton Inn's when traveling and this one did not let us down. A great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Rose W
Reston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The bathroom sink was cracked and the shower stall edges had mold on the caulking. I reported the problem to the morning clerk, and he lived up to Hampton's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and refunded the charge. I would have been happy with a smaller discount. Hampton appears to "walk the talk." I have stayed at many Hamptons up and down the East Coast and they are always high quality with comfortable beds, quiet rooms, and quality complimentary breakfasts. I will continue to stay at Hampton when I need an overnight stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Robert P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Cambria Hotel & Suites
Cambria Hotel & Suites
#2 of 39 in Roanoke
4.5 of 5 stars 602 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!