“Very nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #18 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
“Very nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

As usual with Hampton Inn, this hotel is clean, safe, and comfortable. The staff is friendly. The internet speed was a little slow but overall not bad for a hotel. We try to always stay at Hampton Inn's when traveling and this one did not let us down. A great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The bathroom sink was cracked and the shower stall edges had mold on the caulking. I reported the problem to the morning clerk, and he lived up to Hampton's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and refunded the charge. I would have been happy with a smaller discount. Hampton appears to "walk the talk." I have stayed at many Hamptons up and down the East Coast and they are always high quality with comfortable beds, quiet rooms, and quality complimentary breakfasts. I will continue to stay at Hampton when I need an overnight stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is definitely a good hotel for business travelers, with easy access from the interstate. Our room was for the most part in good to excellent condition, and there is a very nice breakfast bar with hot food and decent coffee. The staff was also terrific, and did a great job of interacting with our son as well. However, as a family / vacation traveller, I'd have to say there is room for improvement: the pool was too cold and the pool towels were too small and insufficiently absorbent - I needed two of them to dry off just myself. Also, the bathtub our room was OK for an adult shower, but horribly unsuitable for showering off (or bathing) a child after a dip in the pool. There were few dining options within walking distance of the hotel, but we found quite a few interesting dining venues within a 15 minute or so drive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Ravenna, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Great hotel. Good rate. Friendly staff. We race Soap Box Derby and the hotel is 2 minutes from the track. The night staff and the morning staff are very helpful and friendly. Good breakfast each morning. Small but clean and warm swimming pool - indoors.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was passing through Roanoke and stayed at this Hampton Inn. It is a good location and in the past has provided great service. When staying here I would suggest going to the Veranda Bistro which is a few miles away. They have great pizza! (8201 Williamson Rd, Roanoke, VA 24019).

The only down side was that while working on reports in my room a roach ended up crawling across my bed. I disposed of it in the toilet but was uneasy the rest of my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Fairfax Station, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I are partial to Hampton Inns in general. You know to expect quality all the way around. We were worn out from our drive and looked forward to their meticulously clean facilities and a wonderful, free breakfast waiting for us the next morning. We were not disappointed! Notes left in the room tell you that your duvet covers and linens are freshly cleaned. The beds are extra comfortable as well as the bed pillows....I'd love to purchase some for our house! There is a very comfortable, spacious dining area with serve yourself complimentary breakfast. We always enjoy the variety, from bagels and sweet rolls to hot oatmeal with extras to add to the regular eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy. The breakfast manager was very pleasant and helpful as well. It is really a nice benefit that comes with the price of the room. Checkout near Roanoke was 11 a.m., which gave us plenty of time to laze around a little before leaving.
The ONLY reason for not giving it 5 stars is that there was a constant interference on the tv...not sure if the problem was with their server or in the tv. We did not report it; it could have been a quick fix.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Since I am an alumnae of college close by, this is my fourth stay. I have always had a great stay here. Staff is friendly. Rooms are always clean. They had a busy weekend with a VA Tech game down the road, but service was still great. Would not stay anywhere else in Roanoke. Only complaint I could find was maybe a new battery need in tv remote. Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!