“Good with one small issue” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Good with one small issue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was passing through Roanoke and stayed at this Hampton Inn. It is a good location and in the past has provided great service. When staying here I would suggest going to the Veranda Bistro which is a few miles away. They have great pizza! (8201 Williamson Rd, Roanoke, VA 24019).

The only down side was that while working on reports in my room a roach ended up crawling across my bed. I disposed of it in the toilet but was uneasy the rest of my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fairfax Station, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I are partial to Hampton Inns in general. You know to expect quality all the way around. We were worn out from our drive and looked forward to their meticulously clean facilities and a wonderful, free breakfast waiting for us the next morning. We were not disappointed! Notes left in the room tell you that your duvet covers and linens are freshly cleaned. The beds are extra comfortable as well as the bed pillows....I'd love to purchase some for our house! There is a very comfortable, spacious dining area with serve yourself complimentary breakfast. We always enjoy the variety, from bagels and sweet rolls to hot oatmeal with extras to add to the regular eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy. The breakfast manager was very pleasant and helpful as well. It is really a nice benefit that comes with the price of the room. Checkout near Roanoke was 11 a.m., which gave us plenty of time to laze around a little before leaving.
The ONLY reason for not giving it 5 stars is that there was a constant interference on the tv...not sure if the problem was with their server or in the tv. We did not report it; it could have been a quick fix.

Rockville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Since I am an alumnae of college close by, this is my fourth stay. I have always had a great stay here. Staff is friendly. Rooms are always clean. They had a busy weekend with a VA Tech game down the road, but service was still great. Would not stay anywhere else in Roanoke. Only complaint I could find was maybe a new battery need in tv remote. Thanks for the great stay.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I arrived at the hotel after a long day travelling and after a shower fell into the large comfortable bed where I had a very restful sleep.Despite the room facing the main road I slept like a baby!Perhaps my snoring drowned out any other noise??

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bradenton FL, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We accepted the only room available on our trip. The bathroom floor and shower area were filthy and the carpet in the suite was dirty. We complained to the management and they reduced our bill 50%. Room should have been fully refunded based on the conditions. We will continue to use Hampton Inns but not at this location.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Tennessee for vacation. As a member of Hilton Honors, I am used to a certain standard of quality from Hampton Inns and this one is not up to it. The sink in our bathroom was cracked and the decor in the room (room 228) looked like it had seen better days. The room needs a complete make over. A traveler would be better off staying at another of the many hotels off I-81 in areas like Harrisonburg or Staunton which are nearby. We will pass on this Hampton Inn on our way back from Tennessee.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed at the HIR for one night for a business meeting. The hotel is conveniently located off the 81 and is in a quiet area. Check in was not a problem and staff was friendly. The room was comfortable and the bathroom was appropriately sized as well. Bed was comfortable for a good night's rest. The room was quiet and everything was functional in the room. While the hotel is a little older than some of its compatriots, I did not notice any dirty carpets or other evidence of dingy upkeep. Didnt use the fitness room or the pool.
The only issue that prevented me from giving a higher rating was, that there was cigarette smoke in the hallways on the 3rd floor, although I could not smell it in my room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business