“Worst hamton” 1 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
“Worst hamton”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel is the worst Hampton Inn we've ever stayed in! The linens are old and of poor quality , the room maintenance is not uo to par. The lobby extremely unattractive and uninviting. Dingy, unkept, noticed odor as soon as we went through the front door - in the room ,too. There are other choices in the area and other Hamptons within a reasonable drive that are a better choice than this hotel. We always stay in hamptons when traveling but this one was terrible. Not a good experience!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Roanoke, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Shower would not drain. Friend reported roaches in bathroom. Was treated, but problem re-occurred. I reported shower problem to front desk, but it never was addressed. I was very disappointed as usually Hampton Inns are very clean and staff is responsive to problems.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Glen Rock, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

On our way from New Jersey to Bryson city North Carolina. We needed a one night stay and this was clean and friendly and reasonably priced. Breakfast was included and saved us time and money. It had good healthy selections. So we would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel is not one of the better Hampton Inns. The linens are old and of poor quality , the room maintenance is sub par. The lobby extremely unattractive and uninviting. There are other choices in the area and other Hamptons within a reasonable drive that are a better choice than this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Good staff. Clean, bright rooms. Beds clean and comfy. Good location just off I-81 in Roanoke, VA Good value. Stayed later in the week at a new Holiday Inn Express in Knoxville for 3 nights and their breakfast and coffee were not as good as the Hampton Inns - so yes - I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've stayed at Hampton Inns in the past and this was one of the best. Conveniently located off the highway and the price was competitive. The room was clean and comfortable and the front desk staff was very helpful. Love the fast internet too. I would definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was the second of four Hampton Inns I stayed in during July 2013. It was exactly what I expect when I stay in a Hampton Inn, slightly on the older side of the Hampton Inn range. The hotel was overrun with out of control kids. Apparently there was some sporting event in Roanoke at the time, and all hotels in Roanoke were filled with kids

The staff were friendly in a professional, unobtrusive way and made the kids quiet down at a reasonable hour when I asked them to intervene. Although some other guests were complaining about centipedes in their rooms I didn't see any in mine. I suspect the bugs came from the woods which abut the hotel in the back. They certainly didn't come from filth. My room was clean.

This Hampton Inn had a refrigerator in the room.

The location is very convenient to I-81. There are a few restaurants and gas stations in the immediate area.

If it weren't for the kids it would have been a fully restful stay. I can't really fault the hotel for that. After this experience I started asking for rooms away from kids.

Room Tip: Ask for a room along the back, not the front road.