“Good Place to Stop for the Night” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #18 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Columbia, Maryland
“Good Place to Stop for the Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Good staff. Clean, bright rooms. Beds clean and comfy. Good location just off I-81 in Roanoke, VA Good value. Stayed later in the week at a new Holiday Inn Express in Knoxville for 3 nights and their breakfast and coffee were not as good as the Hampton Inns - so yes - I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've stayed at Hampton Inns in the past and this was one of the best. Conveniently located off the highway and the price was competitive. The room was clean and comfortable and the front desk staff was very helpful. Love the fast internet too. I would definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was the second of four Hampton Inns I stayed in during July 2013. It was exactly what I expect when I stay in a Hampton Inn, slightly on the older side of the Hampton Inn range. The hotel was overrun with out of control kids. Apparently there was some sporting event in Roanoke at the time, and all hotels in Roanoke were filled with kids

The staff were friendly in a professional, unobtrusive way and made the kids quiet down at a reasonable hour when I asked them to intervene. Although some other guests were complaining about centipedes in their rooms I didn't see any in mine. I suspect the bugs came from the woods which abut the hotel in the back. They certainly didn't come from filth. My room was clean.

This Hampton Inn had a refrigerator in the room.

The location is very convenient to I-81. There are a few restaurants and gas stations in the immediate area.

If it weren't for the kids it would have been a fully restful stay. I can't really fault the hotel for that. After this experience I started asking for rooms away from kids.

Room Tip: Ask for a room along the back, not the front road.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
mesa, arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was a major disappointment, as we have stayed in many Hampton Inns including five in the last month. The staff checking us in were not helpful and seemed more interested in talking to each other than to us. When we asked to upgrade the response was 'a suite is two double beds' or something to that effect. When we tried to call the front desk at 10 pm we called off and on for over fifteen minutes and there was no answer. We went out to eat dinner, and when we returned THE FRONT DESK MAN WAS SMOKING WITHIN THREE FEET OF THE FRONT DOOR AND WE HAD TO WALK THROUGH HIS CIGARETTE SMOKE TO GET INTO THE HOTEL. In fact, the benches on both sides of the door were within three feet of the door and that is where all the smokers hung out. Beds were softer than we have come to expect from Hampton and the bathroom towels were threadbare. The halls and common areas were dirty. The breakfast attendant sort of wiped the tables with one swipe of a dirty cloth and left them wet and still dirty. Gross. All in all, an unpleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Monre, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here one night while enroute to our destination in TN. This was an excellent choice for an overnight stay. The motel was very quiet even though the parking lot was filled with cars. The room was clean and the bathroom was a decent size. Great bedding and bathroom linens. In fact, we had such a restful night that we stopped here again and stayed in the same room several nights later on our way home. Definitely recommend this Hampton Inn.

Baltimore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We travel from Maryland to Tennessee annually and usually stay ot the Hampton Inn- I81 Hollins. It never fails to be anything except a very pleasant experience. The price is great and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The free breakfast offers us a good start to the rest of our road trip. And free internet is always a plus!

Huntsville, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Room and beds very comfortable and quiet and roomy. Complimentary breakfast lacking in quality in egg/meat dish and putting out green bananas is really poor quality control. Overall we had a very good experience and I was very impressed with my gracious and super quick check in.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!