“Average Hampton, but terrible breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Arab, Alabama
“Average Hampton, but terrible breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed one night here on our way home from vacation. We checked in late at night, so we did not get to use the pool or fitness center. Our room was huge! The room was very clean. The bathroom was very clean. The king size mattress was the most uncomfortable mattress I've ever slept on. It was so firm that it literally felt like sleeping on a piece of ply-wood. I have never had this problem at other Hamptons, so I don't know if it just needs replacing or if whoever bought the mattresses like very firm mattresses. The breakfast provided was very disappointing. There were scrambled eggs and biscuits with gravy. There was no meat offered.....no bacon or sausage. We ended up leaving the breakfast and grabbing some fast food. The breakfast choices really need to be upgraded. My husband left his cell phone charger in the room when we checked out. As soon as we realized it, we called the hotel. They were suppose to check the room and call us back, but we never received a phone call. It was an ok place to stay for one night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I think the title says it all. Have stayed in this hotel before and had a great experience. This time, not so much. As for the hotel, it is fantastic. Great rooms, beds, breakfast, etc... The staff really leaves something to be desired though. Cant be bothered with ANYTHING that is going to require even a minimal amount of work, thinking, or common sense.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Mitch S
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a typical Hampton Inn with a little wear on the furnishings. The staff is competent and the rooms are typical Hampton, with a great bed and fresh linens and a fairly nice bathroom with amenities. Internet was free, although a little slow. We were happy with the room for the price, but were disappointed with the breakfast, which had no protein offerings and was kind of cheap-I think Hampton is generally letting their breakfasts deteriorate as this is the third in a row that had a mediocre breakfast. i would prefer to pay a little more for a better offering. If you are travelling I-81, this is an OK choice, but we will continue to look for a better alternative.

Room Tip: highway. Although the highway is not directly next to the hotel, you can hear the Jake brakes of th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Elmira, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

If you like and are comfortable with Hampton Inns, this one will satisfy. Our room was clean and tidy, sleeping was relaxing and quiet, the breakfast area was well-stocked and we finally got the sausage gravy we were hoping for in our trip to the South. If we were in the area again, we would stop at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nice property outside of Roanoke,conveienent of I-81. Located near two other hotel properties.Clean,nice rooms,breakfast is good,staff was very courteous.Adequate parking. Would stay again. I like going to Hilton properties.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here one night after a long drive traveling cross country..Hilton Gold Member...2 Adults and 2 Kids..Was given room 102..A large 2 queen room...The room was great and much larger than I expected..Shower was clean and water pressure was great..Pool area looked nice although we didn't use it..The breakfast was just okay..This is nothing against this particular hotel but mostly all Hampton Inns could learn to serve better quality breakfast..Overall if I was driving this route again I'd stay here again no question..

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hamptons are our 'go to' hotels while traveling. We have learnt that they are not all the same and there are differences. At this particular hotel, the facility is fine, but the beds we had on two different occasions, in two different rooms, were uncomfortable and squeaky. Every time my husband rolled over, the springs would squeak and bong...it did not make for a peaceful night, on either night!! Perhaps if more folks let them know, they would change to new beds and/or mattresses. Does anyone else out there dislike those lumpy comforters used in Hamptons??

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lifesatrip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Cambria Hotel & Suites
#2 of 39 in Roanoke
4.5 of 5 stars 604 reviews
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!