“Excellent Room AFter A Long DRive” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #18 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
New York
“Excellent Room AFter A Long DRive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here one night after a long drive traveling cross country..Hilton Gold Member...2 Adults and 2 Kids..Was given room 102..A large 2 queen room...The room was great and much larger than I expected..Shower was clean and water pressure was great..Pool area looked nice although we didn't use it..The breakfast was just okay..This is nothing against this particular hotel but mostly all Hampton Inns could learn to serve better quality breakfast..Overall if I was driving this route again I'd stay here again no question..

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hamptons are our 'go to' hotels while traveling. We have learnt that they are not all the same and there are differences. At this particular hotel, the facility is fine, but the beds we had on two different occasions, in two different rooms, were uncomfortable and squeaky. Every time my husband rolled over, the springs would squeak and bong...it did not make for a peaceful night, on either night!! Perhaps if more folks let them know, they would change to new beds and/or mattresses. Does anyone else out there dislike those lumpy comforters used in Hamptons??

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manassas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice hotel and by far some of the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. We were there for a weekend volleyball tournament and the staff were extremely patient with our many many girls. They kept the juice machines up and running 24/7, left fruit out in the breakfast area all day and night, and they always had fresh coffee and cookies. The king room was huge and the bedding was extremely comfortable. The rooms were the freshest smelling rooms! Very clean!!!! 10 minutes top to the mall, shopping and every eatery under the sun!!! I would definately recommend! 2 blocks off the interstate!!!

• Stayed March 2013
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Fabulous relaxing break in a decent hotel with good facilities & really lovely & very helpful staff who made our weekend. Terri in the restaurant provided a very friendly, second to none efficient service. Highly recommended for a quite relaxing break, pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here one night on our way from NJ to TN. I am real partial to the Hampton Inn brand and always look to stay at one when traveling. This one is a decent hotel to stay at but a little tired compared to some other Hampton Inns. Indoor pool, no indoor hot tub if I remember, and of course free breakfast and cookies to go when you leave. The staff is real friendly though and I'll stop there again without hesitation if I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Trinity Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Just stopped for a overnight place to sleep off the highway. Was tiered. At check in the doors were locked. That always concerns me. The man was very nice. Check in was fast. Room was clean. The only reason I didn't give a 5. Breakfast was weak. Was out of a lot of stuff. I'm assuming they didn't have many guest that night so they really didn't put out much. Or at least the quality of stuff at most Hampton Inns. Other then that it was fine. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Harriman, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was clean and nice. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was nice. Breakfast was good. We would definately stay her again when traveling on I-81.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!