“Nice stop on I -81. Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Trinity Fl
“Nice stop on I -81. Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Just stopped for a overnight place to sleep off the highway. Was tiered. At check in the doors were locked. That always concerns me. The man was very nice. Check in was fast. Room was clean. The only reason I didn't give a 5. Breakfast was weak. Was out of a lot of stuff. I'm assuming they didn't have many guest that night so they really didn't put out much. Or at least the quality of stuff at most Hampton Inns. Other then that it was fine. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Harriman, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was clean and nice. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was nice. Breakfast was good. We would definately stay her again when traveling on I-81.

FISHERS LANDING
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

From the time we checked in with Lori at the front desk, we couldn't have had a nicer stay. Lori immediately realized we had come in from a long ride in inclement weather and was so cheerful and helpful, I couldn't thank her enough. We were traveling with an elderly family member and she assisted us in finding a restaurant that would be relaxing. The room was what you would expect of a Hampton - clean and very well maintained. The breakfast was super - something for everyone. The high speed internet was actually high speed! But really, kudo's to Lori - you sure set the tone for a nice stay. When we left we all agreed that we would come back here again and that if we had a hotel, Lori is the kind of front desk person we would hire! Kudo's Hampton.

Room Tip: Thanks again to the staff for helping us get a first floor room for the elderly relative we were tra...
Albany, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Courteous staff, clean rooms, peace and quiet at a reasonable price. I'd definitely stay there again. Easy access on and off I-81. Everything was consistent with the high standards I expect at Hampton Inns.

Room Tip: My room was on the front. Street sounds were not a problem, but probably would be even less noticeab...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
ROCHESTER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Most Hampton Inns are great. This one is no exception. Room was clean and spacious. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was fine. Very close to interstate 81. We stay in many Hampton Inns and other Hilton products because they are generally a very good value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We visit Roanoke frequently as my family used to live here. The nice thing about this Hampton Inn is that we can depend on the cleanliness and friendly staff. No worries! The rooms are quite large and clean. They had stacks of freshly baked cookies by the coffee bar and they are delicious. We will continue to stay there when we come back to the Roanoke area.

Maitland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here on a long road trip up the East Coast. This hotel is very close to 81 and was super clean. We got a larger room on the first floor which was great for our family. It consisted of 2 full beds and a pull out with tons of space. Our family of four had a lot of room which is nice. It was very quiet here. The breakfast in the morning was nice and easy to take on the road. The pool is a nice plus although we did not use it. The staff was nice and helpful. Good Mexican restaurant next door too.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room with a pull out if traveling with a family.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!