“Where my family always stays” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #16 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Richmond, Virginia
“Where my family always stays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We visit Roanoke frequently as my family used to live here. The nice thing about this Hampton Inn is that we can depend on the cleanliness and friendly staff. No worries! The rooms are quite large and clean. They had stacks of freshly baked cookies by the coffee bar and they are delicious. We will continue to stay there when we come back to the Roanoke area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Newtown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here on a long road trip up the East Coast. This hotel is very close to 81 and was super clean. We got a larger room on the first floor which was great for our family. It consisted of 2 full beds and a pull out with tons of space. Our family of four had a lot of room which is nice. It was very quiet here. The breakfast in the morning was nice and easy to take on the road. The pool is a nice plus although we did not use it. The staff was nice and helpful. Good Mexican restaurant next door too.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room with a pull out if traveling with a family.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stopped here in our way north for Christmas since it was the half way point and we would arrive around 10pm, a good time to stop.
The hotel appears newer. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was crowded but great.
My only issue was with the HVAC. We need white noise and always set the HVAC to run on Fan Lo. The unit in our room ran on Auto no matter what we did so the on and off of the HVAC made it difficult for us to sleep. The kids slept fine however. When we mentioned it to the desk on our way out, they refunded us for our stay. Now that is customer service!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tate, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Hilton is my preferred hotel brand. This particular hotel let me down in a few areas. The gentleman that checked us in that night did not make any pleasant conversation, did not address me by name or acknowledge my Hilton status as is common practice at a Hilton property. In fact, he didn't say anything to me. Very weird experience.

The bed was comfy and the shower was great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
mattpoisett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We arrived late due to winter storm. Check inn was about 2 minutes time . A great item was as I was going to ask about a place to eat, I noticed a typed hand out of staff's best and favorite place to eat. USing the list we went to a great place to eat. There were even driving directions included. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The fitness center is a good place to work out. The breakfast is perfect for us. The inn is off the highway and easy access. A great deal and place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Maiden, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The place does have the typical Hampton rooms - Bed, Chair, Office Desk and Flat Screen TV.

There is an Indoor pool so available all year round, fitness center and an actual Business center instead of a typical cubby in the corner with a computer.

The one big complaint I had with the hotel was the mattress on the bed was hard a rock, not the slightest bit comfortable yet they boost on their sign feel the difference of a Cloud 9.

The majority of Hampton's (companies preferred hotel) I stay at beds range from soft to pillow soft but this was far from it.

Room Tip: If you don't mind a hard bed this place is very conveniently located to the highway if this is w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip to Blacksburg, VA. Because of a Thursday night football game at VATECH, the nightly rate was astronomical - which did not leave a good a very taste in my mouth. I know this is standard practice but in reality the rate did not match the accommodations. Hotel was clean, service as expected. No news is good news for these types of hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!