“Very nice Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Atlanta, GA
“Very nice Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stopped here in our way north for Christmas since it was the half way point and we would arrive around 10pm, a good time to stop.
The hotel appears newer. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was crowded but great.
My only issue was with the HVAC. We need white noise and always set the HVAC to run on Fan Lo. The unit in our room ran on Auto no matter what we did so the on and off of the HVAC made it difficult for us to sleep. The kids slept fine however. When we mentioned it to the desk on our way out, they refunded us for our stay. Now that is customer service!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tate, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Hilton is my preferred hotel brand. This particular hotel let me down in a few areas. The gentleman that checked us in that night did not make any pleasant conversation, did not address me by name or acknowledge my Hilton status as is common practice at a Hilton property. In fact, he didn't say anything to me. Very weird experience.

The bed was comfy and the shower was great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
mattpoisett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We arrived late due to winter storm. Check inn was about 2 minutes time . A great item was as I was going to ask about a place to eat, I noticed a typed hand out of staff's best and favorite place to eat. USing the list we went to a great place to eat. There were even driving directions included. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The fitness center is a good place to work out. The breakfast is perfect for us. The inn is off the highway and easy access. A great deal and place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Maiden, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The place does have the typical Hampton rooms - Bed, Chair, Office Desk and Flat Screen TV.

There is an Indoor pool so available all year round, fitness center and an actual Business center instead of a typical cubby in the corner with a computer.

The one big complaint I had with the hotel was the mattress on the bed was hard a rock, not the slightest bit comfortable yet they boost on their sign feel the difference of a Cloud 9.

The majority of Hampton's (companies preferred hotel) I stay at beds range from soft to pillow soft but this was far from it.

Room Tip: If you don't mind a hard bed this place is very conveniently located to the highway if this is w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip to Blacksburg, VA. Because of a Thursday night football game at VATECH, the nightly rate was astronomical - which did not leave a good a very taste in my mouth. I know this is standard practice but in reality the rate did not match the accommodations. Hotel was clean, service as expected. No news is good news for these types of hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Could not find any place to stay for college visit to Va Tech until we found this hotel? Was a little worried because read a review about hard beds and not nice linens, but rest assured that is no longer true. Recently renovated, with new beds and wonderful duvet comforter and fluffy pillows the room was wonderful. The breakfast was nice and a great day to start a day of exploring Va Tech.

Room Tip: We stayed in suite with 2 queen beds and pull out coach. Very roomy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

An excellent Hampton Inn. Clean, reasonable price and with a helpful staff. The written restaurant recommendations were very helpful, with Hollywood's Restaurant and Bakery, which is on the list, an excellent choice for dinner. Breakfast was ample and the attendant kept it refreshed. The motel is convenient to the Interstate, but far enough away that noise is not an issue. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!