“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
san antonio,tx
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife & I where on vacation and unfortunately had made reservations for 3 nights at this Hampton Inn.Was not up to the usual Hampton Standards.Carpet was very dirty and used a top sheet instead of fitted sheet on mattress,housekeeping was very poor,the Inn was just dirty,needs to be upgraded.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
West Simsbury, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I needed to stop on my way to High Point NC. It was late so I did a GPS search. Right off the highway easy access. Very clean and nice staff. I was disappointed that they didn't have a snack to go when I left before the breakfast time? Room was as expected comfortable and fresh.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Newbury,New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel is extremely easy to get to off I-81. The check-in process was smooth and quick. Rooms were very nice, and the price was reasonable. We had a room with two queen size beds, which were clean and extremely comfortable. I appreciated the amenities they provided in the bathroom, which were more plentiful than most hotels. Staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast buffet the next morning was also satisfying, with a nice selection of foods.
The very next night we stayed in another Hampton Inn in another state, and the room and beds were much smaller, it had fewer amenities, and overall was not nearly as nice as this one and it was more expensive! So I would definitely recommend this hotel and will certainly return here next time we are in town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hampton inn is a bit outdated compared to most current Hampton Inns. However, as one of the other reviews mentions, this is NOT a "doors on the outside" type of motor inn. That hampton inn is a little closer to downtown roanoke and looks a lot worse.

The staff here was also not particularly welcoming. So, ok for a night, but not the best hampton inn I've stayed at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Chose this place because it is near I-81 and we were on a cross-country trip. We would not stay here again. Maintenance issues cry out for attention ... hole in wallboard next to electrical outlet ... cracks in shower area ... generally felt like it was old and tired. Got in very late so cannot comment on availability of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were on our way to NC from NJ and used Roanoke as our stop to get some rest. I used Trip Adviser and the AAA website to find a hotel in the area. This fit the bill. We did have a reservation that I made a week previous. I was traveling with my 16 year old daughter and we had a double. Room was clean, beds were very comfortable. Room walls were pretty solid so didn't hear noise. The day we were there the hotel was filled with kids and family as there appeared to be sports event going on in the area. They had a small pool inside and it was being used by the kids and there was also a small work out area right off the pool. The food in the a.m. buffet was ok. The only downside was the lack of non-fast food restaurants near the hotel. There is a McDonalds across the street. I would definitely stop there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this hotel. The room was spacious, clean and well maintained. The hotel was friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was good and fully stocked. Highly recommend this hotel if you find yourself in the Roanoke area.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!