“Great Property!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Tupelo, Mississippi, United States
“Great Property!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Not only was the property (Hotel) clean - the area around it was beautiful. The room was excellent and breakfast was tasty. The staff was helpful with recommending a place to eat - which was an added treat. I will always stay there while in the area

Room Tip: Second floor was quiet
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Somers, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Spent one Saturday night, after a long drive. The hotel was right off I-81, very convenient with gas stations next door and restaurants nearby. Our room was clean and quiet and the front desk was very helpful. The next morning we ate the continental breakfest and then left on our way.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed one night - lobby smelled funky, room funkier. Carpet was filthy, we were so glad to leave the next morning

Room Tip: Go on down the road and find another place
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night and enjoyed it. Parking is adequate but wouldn't want to be in an oversized vehicle or towing anything. Room was clean, newly remodeled and quiet. Breakfast was good, and plenty of seating, looks like it was remodeled and enlarged recently.

• Stayed June 2012
Silver Springs, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I checked in to the Roanoke, VA location in the evening on the 6th. The front desk folks seemed kind of tired out. So after getting my room, I found out there was a loose metal wire dangling from the frame of the pull out sofa bed. I found out about it only after it scrapped my leg that evening. The room, a oversize 2 queen bed studio, was spacious indeed. but there was problem with the AC as it wasn't operating correctly, such that the temperature was inconsistent coming on and off. And the floor was not leveled, which was kind of weird to walk on. Otherwise, pretty clean overall. The mattress was superb btw. However, in the morning, even though I thought I had tucked the metal wire away behind the frame, my wife walked by and it caused a cut in her leg as well. But her cut was deeper, so I put some first aid and bandage, and my wife and I went to breakfast and continued packing without giving a second thought about it.

A lady there at the front desk, in the AM shift, name Neneatte, I believe that's her spelling, was very customer service oriented. She asked me how's my stay, and of course, I told her to have maintenance check that loose metal wire so someone else doesn't get hurt. And as I'm walking back to my room, and mentioned in pasing about my wife's cut leg, she came running after me, I thought I had forgotten something. Surprisingly, she tells me she's going to credit my family for the stay, so we don't have to use our reward point. I was completely surprised by that kind offer. Great client service Neneatte and HH. You just helped me appreciate Hilton's Hampton Inn that much more. Thank you very much!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I/we have travelled around America for several years from New York, Boston and New England, (5-times) San Fransisco to Phoenix and I can honestly say that the Hampton Inn and suites 7922 Plantation Rd., Roanoke, VA 24019 has been the absolute worst experience of all for helpfulness and politeness. To get a map of local (without advice) attractions took a full day and that was like getting blood from a stone. Our travel agent booked this room 3-months ago as part of a tour package, we booked in and were told by the receptionist (H) that the room booked 3-months ago was booked as a "disabled room": and could not be changed! We carried 3-cases in from the car unassisted to a room on the 2nd floor at the end of a corridor, why would she think we were disabled? The following day a different receptionist told us the same thing... room could not be changed!.The only person in the whole of the hotel was a friendly cleaner who helped us much more than anyone at the reception desk and gave lots of good advice. My advice to any would be travellers to this hotel is "DONT COME" stay somewhere else!

The hotel itself is perfectly adequate for a one or two night 'pass through' stay, clean and tidy,.....see the room before you accept it and dont expect help (or a smile) from reception

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My college graduate daughter and I stayed here on the first night of our xcountry trip from Washington DC to San Francisco. I have a bias toward Hampton Inns and try to stay at one whenever it's convenient. This one is perfectly fine--great breakfast and great breakfast area, one of the best fitness centers I've encountered, really good wireless service and great front desk staff. The rooms are a bit tired and I'm not sure about the beds--others have commented on this in other reviews. They seem too soft (perhaps that's this particular Hampton overdoing the "cloud 9 bed" experience). But this is a clean, very quiet and friendly place. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!