“One Front Desk Lady made me a loyal Hampton Inn client” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Silver Springs, MD
“One Front Desk Lady made me a loyal Hampton Inn client”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I checked in to the Roanoke, VA location in the evening on the 6th. The front desk folks seemed kind of tired out. So after getting my room, I found out there was a loose metal wire dangling from the frame of the pull out sofa bed. I found out about it only after it scrapped my leg that evening. The room, a oversize 2 queen bed studio, was spacious indeed. but there was problem with the AC as it wasn't operating correctly, such that the temperature was inconsistent coming on and off. And the floor was not leveled, which was kind of weird to walk on. Otherwise, pretty clean overall. The mattress was superb btw. However, in the morning, even though I thought I had tucked the metal wire away behind the frame, my wife walked by and it caused a cut in her leg as well. But her cut was deeper, so I put some first aid and bandage, and my wife and I went to breakfast and continued packing without giving a second thought about it.

A lady there at the front desk, in the AM shift, name Neneatte, I believe that's her spelling, was very customer service oriented. She asked me how's my stay, and of course, I told her to have maintenance check that loose metal wire so someone else doesn't get hurt. And as I'm walking back to my room, and mentioned in pasing about my wife's cut leg, she came running after me, I thought I had forgotten something. Surprisingly, she tells me she's going to credit my family for the stay, so we don't have to use our reward point. I was completely surprised by that kind offer. Great client service Neneatte and HH. You just helped me appreciate Hilton's Hampton Inn that much more. Thank you very much!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I/we have travelled around America for several years from New York, Boston and New England, (5-times) San Fransisco to Phoenix and I can honestly say that the Hampton Inn and suites 7922 Plantation Rd., Roanoke, VA 24019 has been the absolute worst experience of all for helpfulness and politeness. To get a map of local (without advice) attractions took a full day and that was like getting blood from a stone. Our travel agent booked this room 3-months ago as part of a tour package, we booked in and were told by the receptionist (H) that the room booked 3-months ago was booked as a "disabled room": and could not be changed! We carried 3-cases in from the car unassisted to a room on the 2nd floor at the end of a corridor, why would she think we were disabled? The following day a different receptionist told us the same thing... room could not be changed!.The only person in the whole of the hotel was a friendly cleaner who helped us much more than anyone at the reception desk and gave lots of good advice. My advice to any would be travellers to this hotel is "DONT COME" stay somewhere else!

The hotel itself is perfectly adequate for a one or two night 'pass through' stay, clean and tidy,.....see the room before you accept it and dont expect help (or a smile) from reception

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My college graduate daughter and I stayed here on the first night of our xcountry trip from Washington DC to San Francisco. I have a bias toward Hampton Inns and try to stay at one whenever it's convenient. This one is perfectly fine--great breakfast and great breakfast area, one of the best fitness centers I've encountered, really good wireless service and great front desk staff. The rooms are a bit tired and I'm not sure about the beds--others have commented on this in other reviews. They seem too soft (perhaps that's this particular Hampton overdoing the "cloud 9 bed" experience). But this is a clean, very quiet and friendly place. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Ithaca, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Easy access from I-81. Room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Business center is open
24 hours. Breakfast was good, though would like greater variety of breakfast sandwiches.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Nice new property with friendly staff. Very clean. Beds are super comfy! Busy breakfast so get down early! Make sure to try out Hollywood Bakery around the conner if you are in town for dinner. Close to the Interstate so great access in and out.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I've stayed at the property for many years, going back a few to a time when it was half the size it is now. Staff has been friendly and helpful on every visit (at least 15 stays over the past six years). Location is very convenient off I-81. The rooms are fairly fresh but the beds give me a backache. Interestingly, the only Hamptons that have had troublesome mattresses are in Roanoke (Hollins and Airport properties). Nice indoor pool and large breakfast area along with plenty of parking make this a good choice for business and leisure travel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Walton,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We arrived around 11:30 p.m. , to a very friendly staff. They quickly found us a room,with a King bed, even at that late hour. Our room was immaculately clean. The carpet, furniture,and bedding(very comfy mattress) were all in wonderful condition and very clean.The room was also very quiet and included a fridge, coffee maker and heat control. The shower was wonderfully hot and their included breakfast was fantastic.(They offer muuuch more than danish and coffee). Check out was quick and easy and morning staff was just as nice as the late staff.For an off the highway hotel, this place was exceptional!! A definite 5 stars! We plan on stopping in here every year that we make our trip to visit in South Carolina

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!