“AMAZING!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Nashville, Tennessee
“AMAZING!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

The rooms are amazing! breakfast in the morning was awesome! and customer service was great! front desk assistants were very friendly and gladly answered any questions that i needed. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
northern virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

after reading reviews, was hesitant to book. but when it's vtech football season, hotels are sold out in this area - even 26 miles away. it was a surprise how friendly front desk was. extremely helpful woman who was busily initializing room keycards for full house that night. we arrived around 2pm and asked if we could check-in early. room wasn't ready yet, but she gave us our room keycards and offered to drop-off any luggage if needed. given how early people start trying to check-in on football weekend - 7:30am. we're talking devotion. came back very late after bumper to bumper drive. room was welcome sight after night of rain. large, clean with all appointments as expected from Hampton Inn and more. Free breakfast was prepared nicely and diligently refreshed with fresh food. breakfast room was filled with travelers from all sides of the gridiron. morning discussions were reserved to family reunions and travel stories (thank goodness). Being right off of I-81, there are many choices for hotels at this exit. But found this Hampton Inn up to par and then some. was pleasantly surprised given some reviews. but as another reviewer said, right place when needed. friendly front desk and staff. no mean man here.

Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stopped in Lexington Va hoping for a place to stay on a recent trip south. They were full but made a call further south to Hollins Hampton Inn which could accommodate us - even there was a Virginia Tech football game the next day. Check in was smooth and pleasant. When we asked about a place to dine they directed us to a very nice Mexican restaurant that we could walk to and we had an enjoyable dinner. Breakfast was very good - waffles like I like them and coffee was good. Cheese omelet was the usual. Location is convenient and rooms were fine.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

On a recent trip south, we travel and then stop and stay overnight at a hotel when we get tired. Since we don't like surprises, we always look for a Hampton Inn. Its not the cheapest in town, but so far, everyone we have stayed in has lived up to the quality and service we expected. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, free wifi, free breakfast, quiet room, pleasant staff. Just what we need after a long day of traveling.
Free coffee and cookies when we want them is always a plus
I will ding them on the powdered eggs in the breakfast, but I am more of a sausage and waffle man myself.
If you are expecting a five star hotel - this is not what a Hampton Inn is all about. It gets all the basics right for us when we are traveling.
Its usually just me and my wife, and sometimes friends. We don't stay for more than a night or two at most, but it certainly fits the bill for us.
As I said above, this hotel does live up to the Hampton Inn standard, and being right off 81 on our travel was obviously convenient.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Lovettsville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Ou bad experience with this hotel started at check-in. We had a reservation for the whole family (5 of us) for 2 queen beds and according to the reservationist a roll-away or a pull-out sleeper. When we got there, the clerk said they had no more roll-aways because they were sold out. He handed be the keys and said "enjoy your stay." No information on the hotel, no recognition of my Hilton Diamond status, no help for another bed, just enjoy your stay. then there was no Diamond snack in the room and not enough towels for the 5 of us. My daughter slept on the floor. The next morning, the breakfast area needed serious help as the food kept running out, even though the breakfast area was not busy or full. The staff was not very friendly at breakfast or even in the halls. One employee blocked the hallway with her cart and stood in the way so my wife could not get by and proceeded to tell her that she was upset because she had to deal with a problem room. Then she let my wife by, very strange. They did not ask how our stay was when we checked out, probably because they don't want to hear any more bad news. Overall, a poor stay and we will not be back.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

if you have stayed at Hampton Inn's before you will know what to expect from this hotel. The hotel located is located very close to the interstate, however we were not troubled by any traffic noice.

The hotel itself was your standard Hampton Inn. The welcoem was not the best and there was no ackowledgment of our status with Hilton. Water was not offered and they did not seem especially pleased to see us!

The room was average sized, bed was comfortable enough and it was possible to get the room very dark for sleep.

Breakfast was the usual Hampton fare, toast,bagels, cereals, pretty poor fruit and oatmeal. I happen to dislike the paper plates but understand why they use them.

All in all a decent place to stay for a couple of nights but probably no more.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Charleston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Safe and close to the interstate, easy on/off. I haven't stayed in many Hampton Inn properties but it seemed just like the others... which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The hotel was basic but clean, room was average sized, bed was comfy but thought the bathroom could be a bit bigger. The walls in my room were thin as I could here noise in the room next door and also in the hallways but I can be a light sleeper at times. Staff was ok, check in was quick but employee at the desk wasn't very personable. The hotel seems to be a good place to grab some sleep when coming off the highway for a recharge of the batteries, not so sure if I would suggest staying here for long periods of time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!