This was booked for a wedding party, a 3-night stay. A college football game had other motels booked solid, but we would have moved if we could have.
This was an older building, with all the earmarks of attempted do-it-yourself rennovations, messy caulking, peeling vinyl wallpaper, poorly fitting vanity tops, etc, but the unforgivable offense was the NASTINESS. It was just plain dirty. Rug was stinky and stained, tub was grimy, hairs in the lavatory.
Room felt "damp" in its overall atmosphere. An electric outlet had been installed (DIY job), and was quite loose, so when you plugged something in, or unplugged it, the outlet pulled out of the wall about an inch -- quite unsafe. The metal wire molding running along the wall was actually rusted all along, which indicates that some water had been leaking into the wiring (never a good thing!). Bathroom door and hinges were rusty, too.
The bathroom had BLACK MOLD (see attached photo). I realize it's a humid place, and being wedged up against a mountain, this location is doubly damp, but a little bleach and a sponge would take care of that! It simply had not been cleaned.
Bed was okay, sheets seemed clean, pillows were numerous but lumpy. Lighting very poor. Not enough electrical outlets. But these are all pretty typical econo-motel features, I suppose.
Housekeeping did not come to make up our rooms until 5 o'clock in the afternoon, at which time we were all busily dressing for the wedding we had come to attend. We told her we needed 30 minutes, please, but she never did come back. So that night we slept in unmade beds, had to go to the office for towels, etc.
Because a block of rooms had been blocked for visiting wedding guests, we received a discounted rate of $70-odd dollars per room, but it was definitely not worth that amount!
Overall, it was a bad experience, and we would certainly never stay there again!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.