“Comfy bed hot showers” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #33 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
“Comfy bed hot showers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

I was worried after reading some reviews, but its not that bad. we slept great in our nice king bed. our room had a choice of a bathtub shower or stall shower. It was clean enough for a great price. The breakfast was good. Staff friendly and helpful. The room may not have been perfect but it was good enough for our 2night stay. Id stay again. The frig /freezer and microwave clean and I liked that it was in a separate area from our bed. I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed March 2012

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Doswell, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed here for a business trip and I didn't really enjoy it. I understand that this is a budget hotel. But that's no excuse for having cold water, a bug in the room and an overall crappy looking carpet. I don't know how I got any sleep here because the look of this room just creeped me out. I should've called my boss and asked for another hotel.

The front desk staff was friendly, and I appreciate that. But I will never stay here again, because it's not worth it to me.

Room Tip: This hotel is on the south end of Roanoke, so it's a little more residential/local-friendly than...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Harrisonburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We needed a safe,convenient, inexpensive hotel for one night in order to attend a memorial service the following day. It was only the two of us.

At less than $75.00 for the night ( including all taxes, a generic breakfast, and fast,free internet, this Quality Inn's location and comfort fit the bill.

Sure, it wasn't fancy, but the beds ( two doubles ) were comfortable and the room was clean.

Some caulk was missing around the CLEAN tub/shower, but the towels were fresh, the water was instantly hot, and the other amenities worked ( light switches/t.v./heat lamp-fan/heating/air conditioning worked well.

Check-in was easy. The night attendant was polite and efficient. parking was convenient. the non-smoking room was just that...smoke free, but you could hear the water pipes drain from the room above when the bathroom was used.

So, would I stay there for a family vacation? Probably not. But would I hesitate to stay there for a night or two because I had business to attend to near by? Not al all.

Like I said...Good Value and convenient.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms should have less/no drain pipe noise from a toilet being flushed.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Front desk staff, friendly and professional. Bedroom, neat and tidy. HOWEVER, the bathroom had mold on every surface except for the sink counter and the floor. Above the door, in the shower, on the tub tiles, on the walls. Very unsanitary. There also was a leak from the unit above that made a large puddle in front of the toilet, during the night. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: If you're not sure about the quality of the room being offered, take a few minutes to have them...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Save your Money, go elsewhere. They should have paid us to stay!

For 80.00 a night we got: 1. dirty bathroom 2. dirty floors, walls and surfaces. 3. Phone so dirty you could scrape the dirt off, if you were brave enough to touch it 4. Had to wash coffee maker before using, and clean someone else's hair out from under it, 5. No soap 6. No blanket on bed 7. Bed had definitely not been changed from previous guest and when complained, was handed "clean sheets and pillowcases to change it myself 8. baseboard had fallen off the wall and lying in the floor 9. dresser drawer fell off when opened 10. air conditioner did it's own thing, first hot air then ice cold all without changing the settings 11. refrigerator fell out of its cubicle when the door was opened. 12. small square hard foam rubber pillows 13. dirty bedspread (blood spots) 14. tub would not drain after taking a shower 15. shower controls were loose and operated somewhat like the air conditioner. I really don't think they have any housekeeping department.

If it hadn't been getting late and had already left one establishment because of the filth, would have never stayed but desperation kicked in ;(

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Ohio, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel as part of trip up the Blue Ridge Parkway. The hotel was somewhat worn, but it was an "okay" stay. We carefully looked for bedbugs (as we do at all hotels - budget or luxuary) and did not find any. I only mention this because someone else had reported on TripAdvisor that there were bedbugs in the room. The front staff was not particularly helpful and the hotel is located in a commercial area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Auburn, AL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

I wish we had read the reviews for this hotel before we decided to stay there! My husband and I spent one night here during our road trip from Alabama to Washington, D.C. We had previously stayed at Quality Inns in Asheville, NC and Atlanta, GA that were GREAT, and had also had good experiences at other Choice Hotels. We thought this experience would be equally as pleasant. We were wrong.

For starters, when we checked in, there was a shady looking character in the lobby. That should have alerted us. But we were tired, it was late, and we were just ready to crash, so we stayed.

Long story short, our non-smoking room smelled like stale cigarette smoke. It had a tub/shower combo, and a separate shower stall, neither of which looked very clean. The hot water didn't work AT ALL in the tub/shower combo. The shower stall had hot water, but it would cut on and off intermittently while showering! Also, it was so dirty-looking, I showered in my flip-flops because I didn't want to stand on the tile! The refrigerator in the room needed cleaning, and the freezer was iced over and frost was melting and making its way down into the fridge. We didn't even feel comfortable putting our sodas and to-go boxes in the fridge. The one and only positive thing I can say about this room is that THANKFULLY, the bed was clean and the sheets were fresh. If the bed had been as bad as the rest of the room, we would have certainly demanded our money back and left. The only drawback with the bed is that all of the Quality Inn hotels provide small, square pillows instead of standard-size bed pillows. This is annoying because it is hard to get a comfortable night's rest on these tiny pillows.

Another annoying note: as we were getting ready to check out, I made one last trip up to the room to use the restroom and make sure we didn't forget anything. Just as I was getting ready to leave the room, the cleaning guy just opened the door and helped himself, and came barreling in! He didn't even knock! He was very apologetic and nice, however, he should not have entered the room without knocking!!

The next morning, we attempted to eat breakfast, and ended up not touching a thing because what was left of it didn't look appetizing. I got a glass of apple juice thinking it would be safe, and it had particles floating in it. Even the donuts were slimy-looking. It was bad! We would definitely NOT stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Tanglewood? Share your experiences!