“Nice stay and very good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Edison, New Jersey
“Nice stay and very good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

One friend of mine recomended this hotel to me. And while we were passing through roanoke we stayed there for 1 night. Desk clerks were polite and very friendly, Rooms were clean and we had no problem with anything. Especially breakfast was very good and had many items in it. I truly recomend this hotel for good stay at more better rates.
We enjoyed our stay and will be back in future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

I too try to reserve judgment until I see for myself. This is definitely one to avoid.. We arrived late on Friday having previously reserved a room. We had no problems with the check in, however everything went down hill from there. The room itself was disgusting - no - no exaggeration. The bathtub was the final straw!!!! The sides of the tub desperately needed to be reglazed - but there was a bathmat on the bottom of the tub. Well, I picked up the corner of the mat to look underneath - and OH MY GOD!!! THE SLIME AND GOOP UNDER THAT THING WAS APPALLING!!!! This was not overlooked!! This was the norm - apparently. Then I was offended. I'm supposed to pay for this??? Needless to say - we left immediately and went to the Best Western near the Airport. Much nicer place - little more expensive but worth it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

So disappointed in the quality of this hotel. Thought that since it had the "Ramada" name that it would be quality. Boy, was I fooled! The lobby looks nice and the front desk manager was kind and check in was quick. That's where the positive ended.
The room had a chain lock on the door. The front curtains would not close all the way and I had to TAPE them together. I slept with a chair in front of the door. The carpet was dirty. I didn't even feel comfortable making coffee in the coffee maker. The ironing board was very old and the iron was actually ATTACHED to the board. The room smelled. The blanket was very scratchy. There is a "creek" that runs all the width of the front parking lot that looked more like a concrete drainage ditch. You must cross this to get to all the guest rooms. The pavement is uneven here and it would be easy to slip. This place really doesn't deserve the Ramada name.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

I have never written one of these before because I think you should judge things for yourself. Well, I am glad I read the comments about this hotel. How dare they call it a hotel. It is the worst place I have ever seen. If the bugs weren't crawling on the floor, they were crawling on the ceiling. Seriously. I couldn't believe it. The first room I was given smelled so much like urine, I couldn't stand it. The clorox smell in the next room was overwhelming. There was a review written about how dirty the floors were. He's not lying! My white socks were black within minutes. Dirty doesn't begin to describe the elevator. I can't believe Ramada has their name associated with this dump! Less than a dump!
I went there to relax. Not hardly ,with the bug situation. I didn't go to sleep. I was supposed to stay for 2 days. No way. I got the hell out of there the next day. This is the most drab, unpleasant place I've ever seen. Bring a can of Lysol and some flip-flops for the shower, you'll need it! THE ONLY POSITIVE: WI-FI

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Lexington, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Absolutely terrible. People bar-b-queing outside of their rooms. The police were there 3 times in the first night. Every thing in the room felt like it was covered in armor all. The breakfast area was so dirty I walked in and walked back out. I didn't check tripadvisor before staying here and I was on the internet looking reviews after the fact and found this website. I wish I had did my research before hand. Spend the extra money on a different hotel. This place is not worth the money you save. I had a 3 night reservation and couldn't bare to stay there after the first 2 days and checked out early.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Frequent traveler, but have never felt compelled to write a review until now. Shocked this can be a Ramada. No excuse for any lodging to be in such a condition. Had we arrived earlier and not been so exhausted from driving 14 hrs, we would have left. Hotel chosen for location/pet-friendliness (for additional fee). On arrival, room was hot (A/C turned off on a 100% day). Smelled bad, we thought just musty. Seemed like forever before room began to cool down, but when it did it began to reek of pet urine. After a room inspection (we used our vehicle flashlight due to blown bulbs and non-working fixtures) it was obvious room had been neglected of normal basic cleaning and certainly hadn’t received additional pet cleaning. Cosmetically - holes in wall crudely patched by masking tape and painted over. Wall access panel beside nightstand was oversized plyboard attached with screws, carpeted base wall trim falling off, light fixture in shower was cracked. Toilet and shower appeared clean, but bathroom floor was dirty as was the powder room area outside bathroom. Vanity was nasty and corner wall in need of repair. Area not suitable to place a zipped toiletries bag there. Entire room dusty/dirty, drapes smelled, carpets were unbelievably grimy and stained throughout. Rundow, stained furniture, and ancient yellowed appliances connected by extension cords encased in dirt. Surprisingly, the king bed seemed fairly new, sheets appeared clean, and bed pillows seemed new, but the overall inspection left us upset and uneasy. We knew sleep wasn’t possible, but thought since bed seemed OK we could at least rest a bit, and hopefully so would our pet who always travels with a portable bed that keeps her off the floor. WRONG ASSUMPTION. Our pet whimpered and didn’t rest well…clearly she was as uncomfortable as we were. Then, around 10:30pm loud vehicles, music and yelling erupted outside our door from the hotel parking lot as vehicles arrived and started partying. This lasted over two hours without management interceding. We left early the next morning with a less than sincere apology at checkout that our stay was not a pleasant one. One of the most disappointing and the worst hotel stay ever. Still feeling nauseous from the experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bluefield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

Hi, I'm not one to write reviews. I think everyone should draw their own opinions. But in this case I must.................. This hotel is very dated and dirty. The sheets smelled clean, but who really knows. The ice machines do not work, the vending machines on the floors do not work, the internet does not connect, the towels were stained, but smelled clean, there were spots on the wall, may have been chocolate or poo.., who knows, there were plenty of cob webs and dust bunnies to go around. There is some type of crawl space in the closet, kinda creepy!!!! They do allow pets so they may have fleas in some rooms. I just glad we didn't get bitten by any. Mosquito's plague the air due to the small river/creek that the motels sits on. I guess the best thing about the hotel is that it is very close to Roanoke Memorial Hosptial. Oh and they did serve a hot breakfast but I didn't make it in to check it out and the pool had clean water but the cement and chairs could have used a good sweeping! I'm really not a picky person, but even this was a bit much for me.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Roanoke? Share your experiences!