The name "Ramada Inn" used to have a good reputation. You knew you were going to get a positive experience. Maybe not a 5 star experience but a good experience. The check in desk area was very nice so I thought to myself "This will be nice".
My partner had booked us the suite with a jacuzzi as a special get away for the night. To begin with as we walked to the elevators, there were people hanging out on the balcony above and one of these guys seemed very inebriated. Of course he would be on our floor. He was just hanging out, it gave me the impression that he lived there. Again, we forged ahead because we did not want to judge the experience based on this guy.
When we opened the door it looked ok, Then my partner put her bag down and we noticed the mirror over the dresser was cracked. Again, we did not want to judge based on this either.
So what follows is a bullet list of the things that made the experience a nightmare
1. We found various corks around the hot tub from the previous guests.
2. Long black hair in the drain of the jacuzzi.
3. The tile wall behind the jacuzzi was SCREWED into the wall
4. The caulking around the jacuzzi was done by a blind person
5. The pillows on the bed barely qualified as cushions, much less pillows.
6. The bed cover looked like it had not been cleaned in years.
7. The mini fridge/freezer unit did not work and we ended up using the freezer as the fridge.
All in all I am not a normally picky guest, I understand with older hotels there comes a certain amount of aging, but all these things could be very easily fixed by management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Roanoke, Virginia is next to Rivers Edge Park & across Carillon Roanoke Memorial Hospital and conveniently located near the Roanoke River, Roanoke Memorial Hospital, Mill Mountain and Historic Downtown Roanoke. The Mill Mountain Zoo, Roanoke Star, Roanoke Civic Centre, Roanoke Farmers Market and Tanglewoood Mall are all within 2 miles of this Roanoke Ramada. This Hotel is now under complete new management and we have enhanced our Services and Amenities. Ramada offers Free Full Breakfast Buffet, Free High Speed Wireless Internet in every room, Fitness Center, Business Center(free), Outdoor Pool, Meeting and Conference Rooms, Banquet, Ball Rooms for Wedding and Reception. Ramada has 124 guest rooms including King Bed Room, Double Bed Room, Queen Room and Suites. Ramada also offers wheelchair accessible rooms, non smoking and smoking rooms. Small pets are allowed. Every room has free wireless internet, Satellite TV with HBO, Pay per view movies, Refrigerator, Microwave, Coffee Maker, Hair Dryer, Iron & Ironing board and Air conditioner. At Ramada We have 2 Ballrooms, We can Customize them according to your requirement. Outside Food is allowed in Hotel. Outside Caterers are allowed at no extra Charge. Kitchen is also available at extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Ramada Roanoke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn - River`s Edge Hotel Roanoke
- Ramada Inn Roanoke
- Ramada Inn Rivers Edge