“Comfortable Room, Great Location, Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Roanoke

You added Hyatt Place Roanoke to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Roanoke
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5040 Valley View Blvd N, Roanoke, VA 24012 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Comfortable Room, Great Location, Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

This was my first stay in a Hyatt Place hotel, but it certainly won't be my last. The regular rate is affordable, but I got a $50 rate using Priceline Name Your Own Price. The hotel is exactly as it appears in the pictures on the website... contemporary, sophisticated design ( considering that it is an inexpensive limited service hotel). Rooms are large, comfortable and well-designed with all of the technology that a business or leisure traveler could want.

The hotel has a basic quick service kitchen that prepares food upon request 24/7 along with a nice limited service bar. The lobby is, therefore, full of activity... which can be good or bad, depending on your taste. The staff was polite but seemed to be overwhelmed by responsibility for manning the check-in desk, answering the phone and serving food and drink.

The hotel features a very nice indoor pool. Location directly adjacent to Valley View Mall and five minutes from the airport is ideal. Downtown is a mere 10 minutes away.

Great hotel. I hope to return soon!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Brampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

stayed on our trek to Myrtle Beach and were pleasantly surprised, great room that was spacious and clean and a continental breakfast that was fantastic. There were plenty of restaurants within walking distance a shopping mall as well and great access to the highway to get back on our trek. Would highly recommend staying here over Bentley on the drive to MB anytime!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Ferrum, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

This is a very nice hotel. It is clean and right by lots of restaurants, mall, movie theater and airport. It is in a very safe part of town and a nice place to stay. It was also very quiet when we were there.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

Hotel manager refused to accept our discounted rate for a 2nd night's stay. Even though they were only half booked. Not a good business strategy. We rebooked a 2nd night with there competitor down the road for the same discounted price. There are only three 3 star hotels in Roanoke. I knew I could get another 3* hotel at a the same discount I had the first night.

We know he was trying to force us into his bunk rate!

We stayed here for the Saturday before a Martinsville NASCAR race. We got a great price on a king room from Priceline.com almost 1/2 off bunk rate. The room was huge. A sectional couch, desk, wet bar, and chair. not quite a 2 room suite but there was a small divider between sleeping and living area. One 42" TV strategicly placed so couch or bed could view it. Room was clean and tidy, the bed was just right, the shower was hot and had plenty of pressure. Over all a nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

My husband booked this hotel for business. I needed a vacation so I went along for the ride. We stayed for the week. My husband went to work at 7am and didn't return to the hotel until 4pm each day and I was left to my own devices during the day.

Let me say one thing about the Hyatt Place...OMG it is the most amazing hotel ever! I wish I could stay at this hotel every where I went!

I've tagged along on a business trip before (paying my own way of course) and have had some terrible times. Not so here. By the end of the first day all the housekeeping and maintenance staff had introduced themselves to me! By the end of the second day I knew their names and their kids names! These people were so friendly!! I liked to go shopping at the mall in the morning and the shuttle was at my service. I swam in the pool in the afternoon, after a workout in the fitness center. I surfed the internet for a while late afternoon. If I got bored (which was hard to do here) I could go down to the lobby and the hotel staff would gladly chat with me. When one of our lights went out Thursday, all I had to do was call the front desk and it was fixed within 15 minutes!

The room itself was amazing too! King bed with an excellent view. A seperate living room with HDTV and comfortable couch and a small kitchen (micro/fridge and sink) are all included in the base rate. I had plenty of room to spread out and bead or knitt or read or just relax while watching TV.

This was such a relaxing experience for me!

As for my husband who was there on business, he was happy I was happy. He also said theiry business center was amazing. He also enjoyed the pool and fitness center. He commented that they provided excellent directions and were very quick to provide anything he requested.

We give this hotel and A+ for lesiure and business!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

I stay at the Hyatt Place when traveling to Roanoke because of the convenience to the airport and the mall and restaurants close by. It is a nice hotel, I feel safe, and the hotel staff are always helpful and welcoming. But this time my experience was exceptional. Long story short, I arrived at the Roanoke airport a few hours before my flight and discovered that I had left two silver bracelets in the room. I called the Hyatt and spoke with Thomas who put me on hold, called housekeeping, and located the bracelets. He offered to mail them to me, but I was uncomfortable because the bracelets were gifts to me from my husband, and although not overly expensive, had great sentimental value. I explained this to Thomas and he asked me how long before my flight and my location at the airport. After a brief hold, he came back on the line and said the shuttle driver would deliver my bracelets to me in under 10 minutes. We agreed on a place to meet outside of ticketing and the driver arrived 6 minutes later with my bracelets in an envelope! I cannot tell you how grateful I am to Thomas for not only giving me peace of mind ,but mostly for his "can do/why not?" attitude towards customer service. He clearly felt empowered to make a customer service decision on the spot. That is a sign of well trained and trusted staff member- so kudos to the manager as well. This is the only hotel I wlll stay at for all future business trips to Roanoke!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Northern Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

This is an old Ameri-Suites that has been re-branded to a Hyatt. (Evident from the elevator inspection notices issued to Ameri-Suites in 2002) Like some of the other reviewers I got a stinky room upon arrival. Very musty. Staff was super nice and moved me to another floor. Much better smelling room but property is just plain dreary. An attempt to re-do the rooms to a more upscale brand that in my opinion failed. Very nice lobby but that's where the "nice" stops. Halls were littered with wrappers and scraps of paper trash, elevator had debris in it and was plain dirty. The pleather ottoman in the room had sticky drippings on it. Business center computers super slow! The best thing going for this property is the staff.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Roanoke? Share your experiences!