“Spacious Room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Roanoke

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Roanoke to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Roanoke
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5040 Valley View Blvd N, Roanoke, VA 24012 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #13 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Spacious Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were traveling for a full weekend of sports with my two children. The room had so much space to spread out in. We had sporting bags, coolers and regular luggage. There was still plenty of space for relaxing in the room. The room itself was nice and tidy.
The breakfast was nice, but a bit less than expected due to it being a weekend. We were expecting eggs and sandwiches, but this is a M-F option only. However, the choices were still plenty to chose from and we were able to have breakfast and out the door by 7 am. The eating area was also spacious, as the hotel was full on this particular weekend and it didn't feel overcrowded.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Indianola, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I've been staying at the Hyatt in Roanoke 4 days a week for the last month on business. The staff is extremely friendly and very accommodating. The rooms are perfect whether you need to work or just relax, beds are very comfortable, and I love the mini-fridge and coffee maker. I've gotten to know most of the staff by name, and I'll miss home less knowing I'll be going back. I'd also like to add a special thanks to Ashley for the great service and making us feel so welcome.
Jim M. (Thermo-Twin Ind.)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Patchogue, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Second time here, this is an excellent choice for a stay in the area. Rooms are nice and very clean, staff is great, breakfast is included, and its actually good, not like the powdered eggs and injection-molded sausage at the other places. Conveniently located, not far off the I-81 route, lots of good restaurants nearby, and the price is very reasonable. I will keep staying here as my travel needs dictate. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Best tip would be to request away from stairways. Doors sometimes slam.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Pulled into hotel last minute looking for a room which they had. They honored the Hotels.com rate which was nice. Got into my room and was pleasantly surprised on the size and configuration. It had a nice lounging area with a u-shaped couched which someone could definitely use as a bed. Huge screen TV which can be turned to face the couch area or bed area. Nice desk with all the hook-ups to work comfortably. Everything was clean and well kept. The extra bonus….as I was checking in I asked if the Chinese restaurant right in front of the hotel delivers and they said no, but they'd be happy to go pick up my order…..WOW! I ordered and they brought it to me 15 minutes later. Now, that is service!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Was only supposed to stay 1 night but ended up getting snowed in. Stayed 3 nights. Although I did not want to be there, the staff made this experience great. The food was solid, the rooms were re-done and clean and the staff was super helpful.

A special thank you to the manager, Todd Raska. This is one hard working guy. He was personally took time out his busy day to fax work documents for me. He even plowed the snow and shoveled my car out during his 'off hours.' Could not speak more highly of this guy. Hyatt - you need to promote him to CEO (or at least the board of directors!)

If I ever get stuck in Roanoke again, I am coming here. Thanks for everything.

Michael

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Todd R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you so much for such a great review. It was under unfortunate circumstance that you had such a long stay but we are so happy that we were able to meet your needs. I hope everything went well on your flight back and that you and your fiancé will be closing on your house soon.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The staff were exceptionally friendly and very helpful. We were a little worried when we pulled up as the hotel looks a little rundown on the outside. However the interior has been fully updated and the rooms were well decorated and well appointed. Comfortable bed and large couch in our room in addition to a nice TV and desk. Perfect for business or just to have a nice place to read the paper in the morning. Free breakfast and free internet is also a great perk given the reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for giving us a chance and walking through the doors. During these winter months our exterior does not do the interior justice. We will be planning a major renovation and can't wait for this cold weather to go away so we can spruce the place up the way it should be and is expected by the guests as well. I am so happy to hear that you were able to partake in some of the free offering such as the Wi-Fi and breakfast. We hope to see you again in the near future when you can see the beautiful floors and trees in bloom.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I are currently driving across the country from Manhattan to Los Angeles and our first stop was in Roanoke, Virginia. This Hyatt Place is very well done - lovely decor, the rooms were spacious and very clean and our stay was very affordable. They have food and drink options on site, which is great to have after a long drive, and the service was excellent. Friendly people, very accommodating, I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Roanoke area.

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for picking our hotel as your first stop on a very long journey. We are so happy that we could meet your needs while trying to rest with the onsite food. I will be passing the word on to the staff to show your appreciation for them. I also want to thank you for passing the word on to any of your friends and family to stop in if they are ever in Roanoke. Hopefully on your next cross country trip you will stop in as well.

Been to Hyatt Place Roanoke? Share your experiences!