“Really Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Roanoke

You added Hyatt Place Roanoke to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Roanoke
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5040 Valley View Blvd N, Roanoke, VA 24012 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Patchogue, New York
“Really Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Second time here, this is an excellent choice for a stay in the area. Rooms are nice and very clean, staff is great, breakfast is included, and its actually good, not like the powdered eggs and injection-molded sausage at the other places. Conveniently located, not far off the I-81 route, lots of good restaurants nearby, and the price is very reasonable. I will keep staying here as my travel needs dictate. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Best tip would be to request away from stairways. Doors sometimes slam.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Pulled into hotel last minute looking for a room which they had. They honored the Hotels.com rate which was nice. Got into my room and was pleasantly surprised on the size and configuration. It had a nice lounging area with a u-shaped couched which someone could definitely use as a bed. Huge screen TV which can be turned to face the couch area or bed area. Nice desk with all the hook-ups to work comfortably. Everything was clean and well kept. The extra bonus….as I was checking in I asked if the Chinese restaurant right in front of the hotel delivers and they said no, but they'd be happy to go pick up my order…..WOW! I ordered and they brought it to me 15 minutes later. Now, that is service!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Was only supposed to stay 1 night but ended up getting snowed in. Stayed 3 nights. Although I did not want to be there, the staff made this experience great. The food was solid, the rooms were re-done and clean and the staff was super helpful.

A special thank you to the manager, Todd Raska. This is one hard working guy. He was personally took time out his busy day to fax work documents for me. He even plowed the snow and shoveled my car out during his 'off hours.' Could not speak more highly of this guy. Hyatt - you need to promote him to CEO (or at least the board of directors!)

If I ever get stuck in Roanoke again, I am coming here. Thanks for everything.

Michael

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Todd R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you so much for such a great review. It was under unfortunate circumstance that you had such a long stay but we are so happy that we were able to meet your needs. I hope everything went well on your flight back and that you and your fiancé will be closing on your house soon.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The staff were exceptionally friendly and very helpful. We were a little worried when we pulled up as the hotel looks a little rundown on the outside. However the interior has been fully updated and the rooms were well decorated and well appointed. Comfortable bed and large couch in our room in addition to a nice TV and desk. Perfect for business or just to have a nice place to read the paper in the morning. Free breakfast and free internet is also a great perk given the reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for giving us a chance and walking through the doors. During these winter months our exterior does not do the interior justice. We will be planning a major renovation and can't wait for this cold weather to go away so we can spruce the place up the way it should be and is expected by the guests as well. I am so happy to hear that you were able to partake in some of the free offering such as the Wi-Fi and breakfast. We hope to see you again in the near future when you can see the beautiful floors and trees in bloom.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I are currently driving across the country from Manhattan to Los Angeles and our first stop was in Roanoke, Virginia. This Hyatt Place is very well done - lovely decor, the rooms were spacious and very clean and our stay was very affordable. They have food and drink options on site, which is great to have after a long drive, and the service was excellent. Friendly people, very accommodating, I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Roanoke area.

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for picking our hotel as your first stop on a very long journey. We are so happy that we could meet your needs while trying to rest with the onsite food. I will be passing the word on to the staff to show your appreciation for them. I also want to thank you for passing the word on to any of your friends and family to stop in if they are ever in Roanoke. Hopefully on your next cross country trip you will stop in as well.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We ended up staying here on a last minute decision, thought it was going to be over-priced, and we were wrong. Food service was excellent. Our phone wasn't working but everything else was clean, well appointed, and a great airport locale.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for making a last minute decision to stay with us. We are so happy that you were able to take advantage of some of the amenities that we offer such as the 24 hour food services. In addition, I wanted to thank you for bringing it to our attention that the phone was not working properly. We have fixed that issue and talked with the staff to prevent it from having you notice prior to us fixing it. It is my hope that on your next trip you give yourself a little more time to enjoy some of the other amenities such as the indoor heated pool and the 24 hour fitness center.
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I typically chose a Hyatt Place when I am travelling because of the consistency -> breakfast, fitness center and wifi. The quality is usually fine for business travel. This time ... was a very poor trip. I checked into my first room and the heating system was screeching - since I checked in for a three night stay, this would not be acceptable. I had partially unpacked - went down to the lobby, explained the situation and was given a choice to call maintenance or repack and move. I chose the latter. My second room was much quieter.

Fitness Center - three pieces of equipment - no worries, since I can use one at a time. The bike which I use every day, was broken. I informed the front desk of this. A maintenance worker came quickly, turned it over, did not change anything and left. The bike was not fixed nor was a sign put on it. I consider the request to fix the bike received lip service. No bike.

The final blow was when I checked out this morning. A $75.00 pet service fee. Do you see a dog? I was on business travel - onsite at a customer location for 12 hours a day and I did not travel 2000 miles with my dog. When I questioned this charge "Housekeeping heard a dog bark" - not possible from room. The charge was removed, with a bit of reluctance. I should also mention that the housekeeping services were among the worst I have ever seen. The only tasks performed were to bring in fresh towels and refold the bed spread.

This experience really causes me to think twice before staying at another Hyatt Place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I cannot apologize enough about the stay that you had and how unacceptable it is not only for the brand but for our hotel in Roanoke. I have coached our housekeeping staff for a better way to handle these issues that you have mentioned not only the pet fee but the overall cleanliness of your room. In addition we have fixed the bike in our fitness room. Unfortunately we had to purchase parts from our vendor and it took almost two weeks to get in. This is no excuse for not notifying you about it at the time our not posting a sign like you mentioned. The gym wipes are now in stock and should have been replenished straight away. Again, I truly apologize for all of the service failures that you experienced. It is my hope that not only will you give our hotel another chance but that you do not lose faith in our Hyatt brand.

Been to Hyatt Place Roanoke? Share your experiences!