“great hotel .excellent deal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Roanoke

You added Hyatt Place Roanoke to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Roanoke
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5040 Valley View Blvd N, Roanoke, VA 24012 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
New York City, New York
“great hotel .excellent deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

the property is beautiful, great staff with good personality-everybody were extremely nice-quick check in, huge and modern rooms, lots of shops and great restaurants near by. the breakfast was great, with large variety of food.got great deal from hotwire.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Todd R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
We are so happy that we could meet your family’s needs during your travel to Roanoke. I will be sure to pass these comments on to our staff to show what a positive impact they made on your stay. We hope to serve your family again if your travel ever brings you back to Roanoke.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cleveland, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is your standard Hyatt Place, same layout, different city. It may have some age on it as the carpet was frayed and not as clean as I would like and the tile was stained. The room looked worn. The people are nice and welcoming and the prices are certainly good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for allowing us to serve you during your travel. I want to make you aware that we are in the planning stages of a large renovation to include updating all of our bathrooms and many other items in our guest rooms. We hope that we have to opportunity to serve you again after the renovations are completed on your next business trip to Roanoke.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was my last stop in a three day tour of the area. I got in after a very long day of driving. The check in was courteous and friendly, despite not mentioning my elite status (not that it matter much in a Hyatt Place, but my Diamond bonus points were not posted automatically after the stay). I declined the offered tour of the facility.

The hotel is situated next to a shopping mall with plenty of eating options in several minutes’ drive.

The room is a typical Hyatt Place room. What one would call a studio apartment with a living room, working area, bath room and a bed room, all connected with only the bathroom having a door. The room was comfortable and clean. In short the room was exactly one would expect. The only problem was that the air conditioning unit was quite loud.

Breakfast was a little of a letdown, although it did include hot and cold items. Variety was lacking; although what was there was indeed quite good.

All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time out of your day to give your review. I want to apologize for the air conditioning being loud and disrupting your stay. We have been in the process of replacing our units to ensure this does not happen in the future with any of our guest. I also want to apologize for not having the amount of variety that you were looking for with our breakfast options. Comments such as this will help us look at areas that we can continue to improve on. Lastly, I want to make sure that you did get your bonus points. If we failed to do so please let me know and I will get them added as promptly as possible. We look forward to seeing you again if your travel ever brings you back to Roanoke.
Moneta, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay overnight when catching a flight out of Roanoke Airport. The rooms are spacious and clean, and breakfast is available, even if you are flying out early. If you prefer not to pay for parking and leave your car at ROA Airport, there is a free shuttle service to the terminal, which is only 1 mile away.

Located just around the corner from Valley View Mall, shopping is an option if you have time to kill. There are also several restaurants in the area if you need lunch or dinner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such positive reviews. We are so happy to meet your needs for breakfast early in the morning and providing the shuttle for your flight out. We hope to see you again when you need to catch another flight.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have been in the hotel for one night on the 4th of july 2013 vacation. The place is nice and clean. The room is fairly big. The breakfast was really good with many variety, hot and cold. I will stay again if the hotel will be in the same condition.

One last thing is that we ask (when we checked in at 8:00pm) for the infant creb but this was not fulfilled and we all slept on the bed. may be this day was busy because of the 4th of july :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
First let me start off by apologizing for not meeting you needs with the crib for your young child. Although it was busy it is not an excuse to fail to meet you needs. In addition, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your travel needs during the 4th of July and the positive feedback you gave our hotel. It is our number one priority to stay in good condition and offer top notch service to each and every one of our guest. We look forward to seeing you again if your travel ever brings you back to Roanoke.
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed at many a Hyatt Place and in short the staff here was nice and accommodating however the physical plant needs attention. TV service is very poor and I communicated this to the staff and they visited the room to check the connection however the quality of the signal is the issue. The workout room was subpar in regards to the elliptical machine (built in TV channels not working, broken façade of the machine) as well an the HVAC was not working. They were busy with an event in town but these issues need attention ASAP before I stay or recommend again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for letting us know about the issues that you encountered during your stay. We have repaired the TV and HVAC systems in the workout room. In addition, we did contact our provider for the in room TV issues that you experienced a technician has already came out and made the adjustments need to improve our overall signal in our rooms. I apologize that these issues came across during your stay with us and it is our hope that when you travel back to Roanoke that you give us another opportunity to give you the correct Hyatt experience.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My sister and I really looked forward to the hospitality of our hotel on June 17 after surviving the inhospitable deluge of rain on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Unfortunately, that was not to be. Our suite was booked under my name and I asked for the room. No issues... until the blonde clerk haughtily asked my sister for her "separate" reservation. That did it for me! Never again will I stay at any of the Hyatt family of hotels. Clearly, this monomaniacal shrew had chosen to stick her nose into our business and had concluded that we should not be sharing a room. First, and the only really note: it was none of her business. Second, we had two beds. Third, we're sisters. The Manager was present as she spoke to us and failed to take her to task for her bigotry. If it wasn't for the rain - and the fact that I'd already tried and failed to book with more preferred hotels - I'd have left then and there.
The suite was fine. The bathroom did have some pink bacteria near the tub which we avoided and the living-room furniture was scant. There's no freezer in the fridge and the ice machine was on another floor. I'm simply glad we hadn't booked for more than one night and could cancel our reservations for Fairlawn, NJ and Buffalo, NY. I have to recommend to anyone who believes in the equality of all that this chain - as reflected by the clerk and her manager - is not for you. There's always another choice in cities with a Hyatt - do yourself and mankind a favor and make that other choice!

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, make sure you choose a room on a floor with an ice machine.