“Overall a great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Roanoke

You added Hyatt Place Roanoke to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Roanoke
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5040 Valley View Blvd N, Roanoke, VA 24012 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
“Overall a great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here one night with my husband and 6 year old. It is a very clean hotel with great rooms and great staff. The room we stayed in was very comfortable. The room had a bed and couch, both were very nice. The breakfast was delicious, best hotel breakfast I have ever come across. The hot water was more just warm than hot and there was only one cartoon channel for my little one. But, all in all the good FAR outweighs the very few not so good. This is certainly a hotel to stay at again.

• Stayed June 2013
Todd R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for such positive feedback. We can't wait for your next visit to Roanoke and it is always a pleasure to serve you and your family. If there is anything we can do to assist in improving any of your travel needs please do not hesitate to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Apparently Hyatt Place has standardized on a new Lodge Net service. Basically this is a new way to charge parents who travel with kids more money. Gone are the days to watch your own DVD's in the room and HP doesn't include free Disney channels like competitors Courtyard Marriott. Instead the only kids channel we got "free" was the Toon Channel which is terrible. The Disney shows are 20 to 30 minutes and are $3.99 each. Bravo to the Hyatt executive who made this call. I see a future with you at JCP. Meanwhile this is my last time staying at a Hyatt (at least for 10 more years when my kids are grown and gone).

• Stayed June 2012
Todd R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
First I would like to apologize for your frustration with the kids selection of TV channels. This is something that we are actively working on to improve all of our networking to ensure the most pleasent stay for all travelers. In addition, I would like to thank you for the positive feedback regarding our cleanliness and condition of our hotel. We hope to have your issues fixed with the tv guide and that you will visit us again with your future travel to Roanoke.

Recpectfully,

Todd R
Chesterfield, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I guess for the price and the name I expected more. I have never stayed at a Hyatt before it was my first time. The food was good for breakfast. The lay-out of the main lobby is great.
One of the elevators broke down and sense it was a holiday week end one elevator was very busy. My husband was taking a shower and I noticed the water was running all over the floor. The shower head is very powerful but the curtain does not stop the water from running over the side of the tub. I used three towels to soak it up. The pool even though it was inside the water was cold so we did not bother to go in. Parking at this location was very limited in the front of the building but there was extra at the end of the building but no information was outside to let you know there was additional parking. The bed was great the lay out of the room was nice.
Our room was on the 3erd floor right next to the elevator. It was noisy. Apparently you can hear the elevator going up and down when it is quiet. The view out our window would have been wonderful if the tree was not so high it covered the Mountain View. I like it when people take close attention to all details.
The staff was very polite and very personable.

Room Tip: I think that you could find as great a deal for less the price. I would definatly get a room away...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I would like to apologize for your stay being so unsatisfying. We do appreciate all the feedback with the issues you had with the shower and the tree blocking your view of the mountains. We have fixed our elevator and apologize for the inconvenience when it was down. In addition I would like to thank you for the positive feedback regarding our staff, breakfast, layout of the lobby and how comfortable our beds are. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to rectify the issues that you encountered.
Oxford, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I travel almost every week. At a certain point this gets very old. But, once a month I have to journey over to Roanoke Va.for 3 or 4 days. New to the area,I didn't know much about it. Someone asked where I was staying and he said I should check out Hyatt Place.. I did. That was 3 years ago. I haven't stayed anywhere else since then. Everything is perfect for me. I feel safe. It's the perfect location. And every employee goes out of their way to make it feel like home. And you know what? I look forward to it!

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor in the fall. The view is beautiful!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your extended loyalty going on 3 years now. It is so satisfying to all of our staff to serve long term guests such as you. We do our best to ensure your exact words "feels like home" with all of our guests. I hope to see you soon in the coming weeks!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Went there for a wedding. I was very happy to see that the rooms are very clean, Staff was excellant. They made us feel very welcomed. Breakfast was excellant and plenty of items to choose from. If we ever go back we will for sure stay here. Price was fair. Pool was very clean. We stayed an extra night. Everyone was super from Front Desk, Housekeeping, Maintance engineer. Very please with everything. Out side was a great place to sit by the fountain.

Becky Dudek and family

Room Tip: There was 3 of us we got a room with 2 double beds. work great. we even had a sofa in the room. Our...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are so happy that you came to Hyatt Place for your travel needs during such a special event. We have a great staff here and I assure you I will pass your kind words on to the team. It is our goal to have every need meet in your stay and we are happy that your family was able to enjoy the pool, breakfast and that the room was suitable for your sleeping needs with 3 guest. We can't wait to see you again if your travels ever bring you back to Roanoke.
Damariscotta, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This facility has the appearance of being brand new. It was a little tricky to locate because it is in/behind a large business park. I trusted my GPS and it lead us right in. There are a number of family restaurants in walking distance. The creative layout of the room was new to us and we liked it a lot. The room was clean, comfortable and (5th floor) had a wonderful view. Breakfat, in the (again) creatively designed lobby, was good and ample. A good dollar value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank goodness for GPS!!! Our parking lot can be a little tricky with being so close to the mall and all the restaurants located so close by. We appreciate all the details that you noticed and the creativity that Hyatt has put into our brand. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Roanoke.
Tazewell, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Wow! I've never stayed anywhere quite this expensive. I was in the area to take my nursing boards & decided to treat myself & friends to a nice place. We were amazed at this place. Everything was great. Beautiful place. Rooms were cozy & clean. Breakfast was just right & the pool was clean. This hotel even SMELLED fabulous. That was my favorite thing!! Staff was super friendly. I will stay here again when I'm in the area!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for the kind feedback. We are so happy that you were able to "treat" yourself to the Hyatt experience and you were able to enjoy many of our amenities such as the complimentary breakfast and our pool! It is my hope that we were able to take some of the stress away during such an important time taking the nursing board! We hope that you aced it and wish you all the best in your career. Please keep us in mind with your future travel to Roanoke.

Been to Hyatt Place Roanoke? Share your experiences!