“Feels like home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Roanoke

You added Hyatt Place Roanoke to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Roanoke
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5040 Valley View Blvd N, Roanoke, VA 24012 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Oxford, North Carolina, United States
“Feels like home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I travel almost every week. At a certain point this gets very old. But, once a month I have to journey over to Roanoke Va.for 3 or 4 days. New to the area,I didn't know much about it. Someone asked where I was staying and he said I should check out Hyatt Place.. I did. That was 3 years ago. I haven't stayed anywhere else since then. Everything is perfect for me. I feel safe. It's the perfect location. And every employee goes out of their way to make it feel like home. And you know what? I look forward to it!

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor in the fall. The view is beautiful!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Todd R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your extended loyalty going on 3 years now. It is so satisfying to all of our staff to serve long term guests such as you. We do our best to ensure your exact words "feels like home" with all of our guests. I hope to see you soon in the coming weeks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Went there for a wedding. I was very happy to see that the rooms are very clean, Staff was excellant. They made us feel very welcomed. Breakfast was excellant and plenty of items to choose from. If we ever go back we will for sure stay here. Price was fair. Pool was very clean. We stayed an extra night. Everyone was super from Front Desk, Housekeeping, Maintance engineer. Very please with everything. Out side was a great place to sit by the fountain.

Becky Dudek and family

Room Tip: There was 3 of us we got a room with 2 double beds. work great. we even had a sofa in the room. Our...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are so happy that you came to Hyatt Place for your travel needs during such a special event. We have a great staff here and I assure you I will pass your kind words on to the team. It is our goal to have every need meet in your stay and we are happy that your family was able to enjoy the pool, breakfast and that the room was suitable for your sleeping needs with 3 guest. We can't wait to see you again if your travels ever bring you back to Roanoke.
Damariscotta, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This facility has the appearance of being brand new. It was a little tricky to locate because it is in/behind a large business park. I trusted my GPS and it lead us right in. There are a number of family restaurants in walking distance. The creative layout of the room was new to us and we liked it a lot. The room was clean, comfortable and (5th floor) had a wonderful view. Breakfat, in the (again) creatively designed lobby, was good and ample. A good dollar value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank goodness for GPS!!! Our parking lot can be a little tricky with being so close to the mall and all the restaurants located so close by. We appreciate all the details that you noticed and the creativity that Hyatt has put into our brand. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Roanoke.
Tazewell, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Wow! I've never stayed anywhere quite this expensive. I was in the area to take my nursing boards & decided to treat myself & friends to a nice place. We were amazed at this place. Everything was great. Beautiful place. Rooms were cozy & clean. Breakfast was just right & the pool was clean. This hotel even SMELLED fabulous. That was my favorite thing!! Staff was super friendly. I will stay here again when I'm in the area!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for the kind feedback. We are so happy that you were able to "treat" yourself to the Hyatt experience and you were able to enjoy many of our amenities such as the complimentary breakfast and our pool! It is my hope that we were able to take some of the stress away during such an important time taking the nursing board! We hope that you aced it and wish you all the best in your career. Please keep us in mind with your future travel to Roanoke.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

If you travel very much you probably already know that each Hyatt Place is virtually identical to every other one. This is true from the lobby layout to the pictures in your room. So I suspect you either like them or don't. My expectations are not high so I took a sure thing. The remarkable difference at check-out is worth noting. Although I stayed at the Hyatt, I was in Roanoke for a conference at another hotel. I arranged for a taxi, but at checkout they offered to take me to the other property in their airport van! Customer service beyond my expectations.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I am happy to hear that as a brand we show consistency where ever you may travel in the country. In addition I am very excited that we had one thing that stood apart with our customer service offering to shuttle you to the conference you were attending and going above your expectations. It is my hope that memories such as this will keep you coming back every time you need to travel to Roanoke.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Not a very good experience at this hotel. It was awkward to get into the hotel. Missed the turn a couple of times. Once I got into the hotel and checked in, I could not get into my room. The key would unlock the door but when you would turn the handle, it would not open. Had to lug all my luggage back downstairs to tell the front desk and all he did was "reprogram" my key and was instructed to jiggle the handle to open it. After 5 mins, I finally got into my room. Don't understand why I wasn't given a different room. The room it's self did not look or feel clean. Carpet looked stained and was fraying around the edges. The air vents on the A/C and ceiling were covered in dust. The staff was acceptable but didn't wow me.

On the positive side, the breakfast was really good. Might be the best I've had in a hotel buffet. The lobby and common area is nice and welcoming.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I want to apologize for the frustrations that we caused during your trip to Roanoke. The items mentioned are totally unacceptable and I can assure you they are being address for guest safety and comfortably. Comments such as yours continue to assist us improving our service and quality every day. It is my hope that you will contact me directly to help restore your faith not only in my hotel but all Hyatt's. If you find the need to travel to Roanoke again please do not hesitate to call me so I can ensure a perfect stay.
Sugar Hill, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed there for 3 night in April. We were pleased with the large room and comfortable beds. The price was reasonable considering the breakfast was included. We normally would stay at the Cambria Suites at $140 per night (before tax) and it did not include breakfast. So we decided to give the Hyatt a try. We were not disappointed in any way. Breakfast was good (with variety) and they offered Starbucks coffee and teas as well for not extra charge (during breakfast). And snacks and cafe' type food as well after hours, of course for a fee, but it was not bad.
Customer service was friendly and helpful...if you are traveling for leisure as we were they can provide you maps of near by sights.
We will be staying in July for a family reunion.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We can't wait to see you and your family in July. I am so happy that you made the decision to give Hyatt Place a try and that you were not disappointed with our price and amenities that we offer such as the breakfast, Starbucks and after hour’s snacks. If we can do anything to assist with your family reunion please do not hesitate to contact me.

Been to Hyatt Place Roanoke? Share your experiences!