“Very clean and convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Roanoke

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Roanoke to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Roanoke
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5040 Valley View Blvd N, Roanoke, VA 24012 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Damariscotta, Maine
“Very clean and convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This facility has the appearance of being brand new. It was a little tricky to locate because it is in/behind a large business park. I trusted my GPS and it lead us right in. There are a number of family restaurants in walking distance. The creative layout of the room was new to us and we liked it a lot. The room was clean, comfortable and (5th floor) had a wonderful view. Breakfat, in the (again) creatively designed lobby, was good and ample. A good dollar value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd R, General Manager at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank goodness for GPS!!! Our parking lot can be a little tricky with being so close to the mall and all the restaurants located so close by. We appreciate all the details that you noticed and the creativity that Hyatt has put into our brand. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Roanoke.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tazewell, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Wow! I've never stayed anywhere quite this expensive. I was in the area to take my nursing boards & decided to treat myself & friends to a nice place. We were amazed at this place. Everything was great. Beautiful place. Rooms were cozy & clean. Breakfast was just right & the pool was clean. This hotel even SMELLED fabulous. That was my favorite thing!! Staff was super friendly. I will stay here again when I'm in the area!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for the kind feedback. We are so happy that you were able to "treat" yourself to the Hyatt experience and you were able to enjoy many of our amenities such as the complimentary breakfast and our pool! It is my hope that we were able to take some of the stress away during such an important time taking the nursing board! We hope that you aced it and wish you all the best in your career. Please keep us in mind with your future travel to Roanoke.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

If you travel very much you probably already know that each Hyatt Place is virtually identical to every other one. This is true from the lobby layout to the pictures in your room. So I suspect you either like them or don't. My expectations are not high so I took a sure thing. The remarkable difference at check-out is worth noting. Although I stayed at the Hyatt, I was in Roanoke for a conference at another hotel. I arranged for a taxi, but at checkout they offered to take me to the other property in their airport van! Customer service beyond my expectations.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I am happy to hear that as a brand we show consistency where ever you may travel in the country. In addition I am very excited that we had one thing that stood apart with our customer service offering to shuttle you to the conference you were attending and going above your expectations. It is my hope that memories such as this will keep you coming back every time you need to travel to Roanoke.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Not a very good experience at this hotel. It was awkward to get into the hotel. Missed the turn a couple of times. Once I got into the hotel and checked in, I could not get into my room. The key would unlock the door but when you would turn the handle, it would not open. Had to lug all my luggage back downstairs to tell the front desk and all he did was "reprogram" my key and was instructed to jiggle the handle to open it. After 5 mins, I finally got into my room. Don't understand why I wasn't given a different room. The room it's self did not look or feel clean. Carpet looked stained and was fraying around the edges. The air vents on the A/C and ceiling were covered in dust. The staff was acceptable but didn't wow me.

On the positive side, the breakfast was really good. Might be the best I've had in a hotel buffet. The lobby and common area is nice and welcoming.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I want to apologize for the frustrations that we caused during your trip to Roanoke. The items mentioned are totally unacceptable and I can assure you they are being address for guest safety and comfortably. Comments such as yours continue to assist us improving our service and quality every day. It is my hope that you will contact me directly to help restore your faith not only in my hotel but all Hyatt's. If you find the need to travel to Roanoke again please do not hesitate to call me so I can ensure a perfect stay.
Sugar Hill, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed there for 3 night in April. We were pleased with the large room and comfortable beds. The price was reasonable considering the breakfast was included. We normally would stay at the Cambria Suites at $140 per night (before tax) and it did not include breakfast. So we decided to give the Hyatt a try. We were not disappointed in any way. Breakfast was good (with variety) and they offered Starbucks coffee and teas as well for not extra charge (during breakfast). And snacks and cafe' type food as well after hours, of course for a fee, but it was not bad.
Customer service was friendly and helpful...if you are traveling for leisure as we were they can provide you maps of near by sights.
We will be staying in July for a family reunion.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We can't wait to see you and your family in July. I am so happy that you made the decision to give Hyatt Place a try and that you were not disappointed with our price and amenities that we offer such as the breakfast, Starbucks and after hour’s snacks. If we can do anything to assist with your family reunion please do not hesitate to contact me.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have only stayed in Hyatt Place hotels only a few times during my travels along the east coast. Each time I was pleased with quality of the room and friendliness of the hotel staff. North Charleston SC and Greenville SC each have very nice locations that I would consider returning to in the future. However, a bit different in Roanoke Va.. I usually stay at Hilton Brand hotels during my travels as I enjoy their rewards program, but in Roanoke I thought I'd give the Hyatt a try as the rate was almost $100 less. When I made my reservation I was given 3 room cost options. Standard price, 10% off room rate and 20% off room rate. I didn't understand why there were 3 options for which all had the same room description so I chose the 20% off room type.. Apparently the lower price is a lower quality room. First off the size of the room was smaller than other Hyatt hotels that I've stayed in. Next, the bathroom ceiling looked like it had water damage that had been repaired at one time but then had more water damage. The bathroom door had some type of stain on the side of it and the wall looked like it was bowing in. Lastly the shower water flow could not be controlled, it only had one speed - super fast. The staff at the hotel was EXTREMELY friendly, very courteous and pleasant. I did not complain about my room conditions as I was only there one night. When I stay at hotels I try to choose newer hotels and nicer chains as I enjoy the comforts they offer. I feel bad I can only give this a 2 out of 5 rating but the room definitely was not "average" compared to other hotels and definitely not average compared to other Hyatt Place hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I wanted to make sure when responding that we have address your issues. We have fixed the ceiling and the door that was stained. In addition I wanted to make you aware of the renovations soon to come in all of our bathrooms. I am happy to hear that through all of the frustration that you did notice our staff and how pleasant they were. It is my hope that I will be able to turn you back into a Hyatt Place fan and give you the same experience you had in South Carolina. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit to Roanoke.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stay in this hotel about once a week due to business travel. The front desk staff is ALWAYS very helpful and freindly! The bed is comfy, and the breakfast is pretty good. The location is perfect, and there is a good chinese restaurant in front of their parking lot to eat. There are other high end hotel choices in Roanoke, but these guys always accomodate my occasional need for an early check in, and the staff is so friendly that this is my top choice!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your loyalty when traveling to Roanoke. I am so happy to hear that we are able to accommodate your needs with early check-in and that our staff is what makes us your number one choice. We hope that we can continue to build our relationship with you as you visit Roanoke on business.

Been to Hyatt Place Roanoke? Share your experiences!