“Clean horel with free wifi and free breakfast make this a fantastic stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Roanoke

You added Hyatt Place Roanoke to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Roanoke
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5040 Valley View Blvd N, Roanoke, VA 24012 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Clean horel with free wifi and free breakfast make this a fantastic stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We were passing through to MD and grabbed a room through Priceline. We loved the room, pillowtop mattress, huge flat screen, friendly service and good breakfast. Kid friendly, convenient location... We highly recommend this hotel for all travel types.

• Stayed December 2012
lcamper, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks for the great review; keep us in mind for any future trips through our area.

We appreciate your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I guess I didn't do my research. I didn't know the hotel had a pool and a fridge in the room. Lots of extra's. Complementary breakfast every morning started early enough to get us on our way - a nice plus. Rooms are spacious and very nice. Beds comfortable. Staff very attentive. They also honored my online request for extra pillows. Very nice stay. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
It is always GREAT to hear that specail requests are being honored.

Thanks for staying with us & please come back!
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt during October 25-27, 2012 and the room was clean and the service was great. It's located near the mall where there are restaurants and stores for your pleasure. The hotel also has a van that will drop you off and pick up up at the mall. The desk attendance Ken was very helpful and friendly. If I'm ever in that area again I will definitely stay there. The breakfast was also a good value. You can't beat this for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I apologize for the delay in responding; I want to thank you for taking your time to write a review & comment on our staff's customer service.

Please keep us in mind for any future trips in our area!
Carleton Place, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very nice rooms. Our room was divided into a sleeping area (2 double beds) plus a sitting area with a pull-out couch. Everyting was clean & updated. Rooms were also quite soundproof. Nice hot breakfast is included. They have a free shuttle bus which will drive you to any of the malls, which are close by. A very good chinese restaurant is next door to the motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I am a little behind in responding to the reviews; I didn't want to miss the opportunity of thanking you for taking your time to post such a positive review.

Keep us in mind if you are ever in the Roanoke area again; we would love to have you stay with us a second time!
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I always stayhere when traveling on business. The staff always call you by name and are ALWAYS friend no matter what time of day or night I arrive. I have never encountered a problem. Price is right, they honor my government rate. I have requested that we begin to use their meeting facilities so that I do not have to travel from where they usual have me presenting back to my hotel. Great places to eat close by and starbucks is right around the corner not to mention on their breakfast bar!! Did I mention they are clean!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the positive review & for being a repeat guest! I apolozige for the delay in responding to your post.

Customer service makes a huge difference in business today; it is good to hear we are doing our job right!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed one night here on my way to NC and the place was great! Nice room, and an above average continental breakfast. I'll stay here again in a heartbeat on my way through VA. Plenty of restaurants near by and close to the highway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sorry for my delay in reponding to your kind review; we HOPE you will return on your next trip & thank you for sharing some of our best features.

We appreciate your business!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was happy to find and reserve this place during college football season. I was passing through for work and needed a place for the night; all other options were booked. The hotel is convenient to the airport, major highways, shopping and eateries. It looks really cool from the outside and in the lobby but when you get of to the room floors, you will see that it is well worn and in need of it's cyclical refresh mandated by corporate. My room had a number of issues which I had to report to the front desk and they were immediately attentive to that so for that I give them kudos. The bed was one of the worst Ive had on all my many hotel stays throughout the year. It felt like the bed frame or box spring was cracked or something. The furniture was old and stained, the bathroom needed some attention and there were boogers or something all over the wall next to the bed. I was disappointed to see this in a hotel of this level of quality. Perhaps it was just the room I had - who knows. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful and the morning breakfast was mediocre. i did try the Chinese restaurant in front of the hotel. It was a buffet and was just ok. I think if you want to dive a short distance down the road to the mall, there are probably better options.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
First let me apologize for the delay in responding to your review in a timely manner. Next let me apologize for your less than stellar experience at our hotel.

We are pleased to hear that our staff was responsive to your concerns; however several of these should have been corrected when the room was cleaned.

Our bathrooms are being redone this year (2013); the other concerns are being shared with our management team.

Thanks for your feedback!

Been to Hyatt Place Roanoke? Share your experiences!