“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Roanoke

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Roanoke to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Roanoke
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5040 Valley View Blvd N, Roanoke, VA 24012 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
chicago
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt during October 25-27, 2012 and the room was clean and the service was great. It's located near the mall where there are restaurants and stores for your pleasure. The hotel also has a van that will drop you off and pick up up at the mall. The desk attendance Ken was very helpful and friendly. If I'm ever in that area again I will definitely stay there. The breakfast was also a good value. You can't beat this for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
lcamper, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I apologize for the delay in responding; I want to thank you for taking your time to write a review & comment on our staff's customer service.

Please keep us in mind for any future trips in our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Carleton Place, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very nice rooms. Our room was divided into a sleeping area (2 double beds) plus a sitting area with a pull-out couch. Everyting was clean & updated. Rooms were also quite soundproof. Nice hot breakfast is included. They have a free shuttle bus which will drive you to any of the malls, which are close by. A very good chinese restaurant is next door to the motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I am a little behind in responding to the reviews; I didn't want to miss the opportunity of thanking you for taking your time to post such a positive review.

Keep us in mind if you are ever in the Roanoke area again; we would love to have you stay with us a second time!
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I always stayhere when traveling on business. The staff always call you by name and are ALWAYS friend no matter what time of day or night I arrive. I have never encountered a problem. Price is right, they honor my government rate. I have requested that we begin to use their meeting facilities so that I do not have to travel from where they usual have me presenting back to my hotel. Great places to eat close by and starbucks is right around the corner not to mention on their breakfast bar!! Did I mention they are clean!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the positive review & for being a repeat guest! I apolozige for the delay in responding to your post.

Customer service makes a huge difference in business today; it is good to hear we are doing our job right!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed one night here on my way to NC and the place was great! Nice room, and an above average continental breakfast. I'll stay here again in a heartbeat on my way through VA. Plenty of restaurants near by and close to the highway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sorry for my delay in reponding to your kind review; we HOPE you will return on your next trip & thank you for sharing some of our best features.

We appreciate your business!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was happy to find and reserve this place during college football season. I was passing through for work and needed a place for the night; all other options were booked. The hotel is convenient to the airport, major highways, shopping and eateries. It looks really cool from the outside and in the lobby but when you get of to the room floors, you will see that it is well worn and in need of it's cyclical refresh mandated by corporate. My room had a number of issues which I had to report to the front desk and they were immediately attentive to that so for that I give them kudos. The bed was one of the worst Ive had on all my many hotel stays throughout the year. It felt like the bed frame or box spring was cracked or something. The furniture was old and stained, the bathroom needed some attention and there were boogers or something all over the wall next to the bed. I was disappointed to see this in a hotel of this level of quality. Perhaps it was just the room I had - who knows. The front desk staff was courteous and helpful and the morning breakfast was mediocre. i did try the Chinese restaurant in front of the hotel. It was a buffet and was just ok. I think if you want to dive a short distance down the road to the mall, there are probably better options.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
First let me apologize for the delay in responding to your review in a timely manner. Next let me apologize for your less than stellar experience at our hotel.

We are pleased to hear that our staff was responsive to your concerns; however several of these should have been corrected when the room was cleaned.

Our bathrooms are being redone this year (2013); the other concerns are being shared with our management team.

Thanks for your feedback!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

On our road trip from Georgia to DC, we were looking for a decent hotel almost midway for an overnight stop and this hotel was perfect. It is almost right off the highway next to the Vally View Mall and Restaurants. Very convenient location and very comfortable stay. We were lucky that we had booked our room in advance because due to a storm, the hotel was fully booked and although most of the area had power outage we were lucky to have power at the hotel.
The room are up to date, clean and big. The beds are comfortable and the room is well equipped with extra blankets and pillows for the sleeper sofa. The breakfast was hot and had a good variety. We will definitely return to this hotel for future stays.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from the elevators
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reading your review takes me back to the weather challenge that hit our area in July; what a week! Severe power outages affected businesses & homes; the hotel was very lucky.

Congratulations on finding a room with AC during this unbelievable event.

We appreciate your business!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a va tech football weekend ( couldn't get any closer to Blacksburg) and I stayed one time prior. We had two rooms, unfortunately the hotel was so booked one of our rooms was a king handicapped room but rooms were across the hall, so very convenient. Rooms are large and comfortable with a sectional seating area, desk, refrigerator, bed area and then bathroom. The sectional folds out to a bed so very comfortable for a bigger group. The only complaint for the rooms were the very small bathroom, you almost have to do a back bend over the toilet to shut the door and the disrepair of the door (pulling apart) , ceiling ( molding and peeling) and shower head (bad spray) and the air conditioner unit was loud and did not cool very well. Room smelled a bit musty.

The breakfast area (free) was nice with lots of selection for food and drink and very helpful staff. The breakfast sandwiches were not very hot so the staff offered to heat them in their convection oven. The last day we stayed the breakfast area was overwhelmed with softball players ( tournament time) and it was difficult for staff to keep up, but they did a good job even though they ran out of their cinnamon rolls:(....due to the busy time rates were about $149 per nite.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Please excuse me for being so tardy in responding to your review. You were here on a busy weekend with a VA Tech home football game & one of the many sports tournaments that the Roanoke Valley plays host to yearly.

Here is the scoop on the bathrooms; they are ALL being redone in 2013! This should correct the challenges you encountered.

Thanks for your feedback; keep us in mind for VA Tech Home Football 2013!

Been to Hyatt Place Roanoke? Share your experiences!