“Our Respite from the Snow Storm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Roanoke

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Roanoke to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Roanoke
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5040 Valley View Blvd N, Roanoke, VA 24012 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Springfield, Missouri
“Our Respite from the Snow Storm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

After a snow-storm socked it to Roanoke and our flights were cancelled, my husband and I needed a place to stay near the airport that also offered a shuttle service. Another stranded couple let us know that they were staying the Hyatt Place, so we Pricelined the hotel and called for the shuttle. Within 15 minutes the shuttle arrived and we had a quick ride to the hotel. All the rooms are basically suites – large and roomy with a ½ wall separating the living area, with a sofa sleeper, from the bedroom. The rooms were clean and quiet, and the beds were very comfortable.
There is no restaurant or bar/lounge on the premises, but they do sell Starbucks coffees, alcohol (wine and beer only) and some sandwiches, etc. at the lobby counter.
There is also a large continental breakfast in the morning, though we left for the airport too early to enjoy.
A couple of negative items: 1. The sink is not in a separate room, so if you are sleeping and someone is using that area, the light and noise of the water, etc. is annoying. 2. The shuttle doesn’t start until 7 AM so we had to order a cab to get to the airport early in the morning.

We really liked the accommodations at this Hyatt Place and recommend it for business or casual travelers.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
lcamper, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Thanks for taking your time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel. The snow storm was our first for the season & it caused flights to be cancelled for most of the day. I am glad that you enjoyed your room & our complimentary breakfast.

As you mentioned the rooms are set up with the sink outside of the toliet & shower; this works great if 2 people are getting ready at the same time. But it can be annoying if someone is trying to sleep a little longer.

I hope that you enjoyed your trip & will stay with us again when you are in the Roanoke area.

We appreciate your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Really liked this place. Self check -in was fast. The room has a nice sitting area and tv that swivels to be seen from bed or living area. Many media plugs are readily accessible on the wall of the tv for connecting PS3, iPad, etc. WIFI connection only requires your name...no ridiculous password to enter. Nice touch.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
lcamper, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
What a great endorsement of our hotel!

Thanks for sharing your positive review; it's great when everything works the way it is supposed to.

I hope that you will stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the Roanoke area.

We appreciate your business!
Narberth, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

The personnel are friendly, but this does not make up for the cramped rooms and the mediocre bathrooms. I realize that this was not a Hyatt originally, but the the place is just so-so. While there is a complimentary breakfast, it is not suitable for those wishing a low carb selection of food. The wi-fi continues to be a problem.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
lcamper, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thanks for sharing your experience during your recent stay at our hotel.

Let me share the BIG News on our breakfast offerings; they are changing to reflect the feedback from our guests on what they want for breakfast. The new offerings with include a rotation of breakfast sandwiches, waffles, pancakes along with the cerals, oatmeal, fruit, juices, yogurt & coffee. The new Breakfast Skillets are scheduled to be in place in ALL Hyatt Place hotels by June 1, 2012.

It sounds like you might have gotten one of our smaller rooms close to the elevators during your stay. Most of our rooms are very spacious with a distinct living & sleeping area.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again to check out the new breakfast & a standard sized guestroom.

Thanks for your feedback!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Standard Hyatt Place which is usually a very good lodging option. They provide an excellent continental breakfast with Starbucks coffee. Other meal options are available for purchase 24 hrs/day at the bar. Hotel has a fitness center and indoor pool with towels provided.
This hotel is a mile or so from the airport and across the street from Valley View Mall. Hotel provides a shuttle to both.
I used and appreciated the business center with a printer at no cost.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing you experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Our location is one of the key benefits to staying at our hotel; we are centrally located to restaurants, Valley View Mall, I-81 & the airport.

Our large indoor pool & fitness center give our guests several options to excerise while they are traveling.

We look forward to a return visit from you the next time you are in the Roanoke area.

NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Lovely room with excellent amenities. Great to have sitting area in room and bar area with refrigerator and separate sink. Comfortable bed. Very nice free breakfast available and items also available to order for a charge. Small bar in lobby serves beer and wine

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the GREAT review! It sounds like we hit a home run & everything worked the way it is supposed to.

We hope that you will come back to see us!
Tarnowskie Gory, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Comfortable large room - I booked on a popular bidding website and paid half, but I always pay half as I am a bargain shopper when it comes to hotels and I always stay in high end places.

This hotel was great, offered free breakfast but I slept in and missed it by 30mins, otherwise checkin was easy.

They didn't have a King bed for me so I got two doubles which kind of sucked, the room was very nicely furnished, my only problem was in a cubby where they had an extra blanket which had a blood stain or chocolate stain or a fecal stain whatever your imagination I guess chooses to select. This should have been cleaned or removed from the room.

The guy at checkin I found him to be quite unprofessional. I don't expect much but It was worth mentioning in this review. The bar is attached to the checkin counter, it is a very small counter and space, so I was literally around 5 drunk older people in the 40-50's age group. I'm in my late 20's so I like to have a few drinks but I admit it was awkward seeing people my parents age completely wasted 1 meter from where I was checking in after a long flight it was quite annoying, I suggest they move the bar elsewhere and have better support staff the guy as the checkin counter seems like a better fit for a bellboy. Otherwise experience was good.

Bottom line - I probably seem like a complainer but I just want to give my honest unbiased review. I would stay here again it was better than other options, but I didn't think it felt like an average Hyatt Experience.

3.5 Stars!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the overall good review! Let me address the major issues you encountered during your stay.
Our beds are so comfortable you didn't want to get up & missed breakfast; this is a common concern that we hear from our guests. I wouldn't want to change a thing!

The rolled up blanket in the cubby; these are supposed to be unrolled & checked daily by our housekeeping staff. This one slipped through our process & our Director of Rooms is on top of this issue.

Moving the bar area; this doesn't seem to be in Hyatt's plans for the near future. Our staff is trained in Alcohol Awareness & know the ABC laws for serving patrons.

I hope that you will stay with us again & experience the BEST customer service of any of the Hyatt brand hotels.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

It was not one of the finest hotels I have been to, but it was very clean.We were very satisfied with our room itself. Parking was not wonderful. The hotel "gym" was a couple of machines in a tucked away hallway that seemed to be the place where the hotel staff passed through to go outside for a smoke break. The "continental breakfast" was ok, not great for folks with food allergies like me. The staff that worked the breakfast area were very rude and began putting the items away too soon before the end of the breakfast service. In fact one stood with her hands on her hips tapping her toe because she had to wait for me to get a cup of coffee before she could break the machine down for the morning. AND I STILL HAD 20 minutes left before the breakfast service was supposed to be over. We will be going back to Roanoke in the next year, but we will find another over night lodging.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Let me start off with some good news; our breakfast offerings are changing to include more variety & hot items and it will still be complimentary. The new setup is scheduled to be completed by June 1 , 2012.

I am disturbed about your comments on our staff & their rush to get breakfast put away. This is not how our staff is trained & this is not acceptable behavior in our hotel. Customer service is the cornerstone to the hospitality business; this is what makes a guest want to return or recommend a hotel. Your comments will be shared with our staff.

Thanks for staying with us & I hope you will consider staying with us again.

All the best!

Been to Hyatt Place Roanoke? Share your experiences!