“Comfortable and Clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Roanoke

You added Hyatt Place Roanoke to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Roanoke
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5040 Valley View Blvd N, Roanoke, VA 24012 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Ohio
“Comfortable and Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

A very comfortable room with separate sleeping and living/working area. The couch had a pull-out bed (we didn’t use it, being just my husband and I). I like the desk area being away from the bed. Another plus is the wet bar/refrigerator. The large flat screen tv is placed in a way that you can see it from the sitting area or the sleeping area, which is a good and bad thing. The windows don’t open, but there were no cleaning chemical smells or any other odors in our room. We appreciated the modern simplicity of the room, although the layout of the bathroom was uncomfortable as far as the door is concerned. The best solution was to just not close the door, which may not be appropriate or comfortable if one is traveling with others. I’ve definitely experienced worse things in hotel rooms, and I’m not sure if all the bathrooms have this issue (we had a king room), but it got to be annoying. A single traveler not sharing a room with anyone may never notice this, as perhaps they never close the door. The sink is outside the bathroom, which is convenient when traveling with another person, and I always appreciate that. Aside from that, I felt the room made good use of the space, being close to the same size of a standard room, but having floor space in the living area and not just paths through the room. The hotel is near the mall and lots of restaurants, but I thought it was convenient to have access to snacks and Starbucks coffee in the lobby, although we didn’t take advantage of it. The breakfast was typical cold breakfast offerings, with hot choices available for a fee. I’m not sure of the cost for them because the cold choices were fine with me. There was fruit, yogurt, cold cereal, muffins, coffee, tea, etc. As far as choosing a room for the night as we passed through the area, my husband and I agreed that this was a good choice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
lcamper, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! When I was reading your comments it sounded like some of the marketing pieces we have done for the hotel; until you got to the bathroom. I wish I had a magic want to ab-ra-ca-dab-ra them away & replaced with brand new fixtures. We agree with you the bathroom is one area we would like to have redone.

We appreciate you staying with us & hope that you will consider our hotel when your travels bring you back to the Roanoke area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

This hotel chain is a great value for a family of 4 as the rooms have 2 double beds AND a queen sleeper sofa. They have a refrigerator and wet bar and large screen TV and complimentary continental breakfast. There are 2 computers in the lobby for internet use and the entire hotel has free wifi. This hotel is about 40 minutes from Va. Tech.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
lcamper, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with the Hyatt Place; I agree that the guestroom set up is perfect for families. If VA Tech is the college of choice I hope we will see you for the 4 years your college student will be enrolled.

Thanks for the great review & come back to see us!
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Typical Hyatt Place. Room layout w/ 2 queens was a little odd, cramed at one end near noisy AC unit. Divider wall to "living" area, w/ large couch. Proportions such that a lot of space is wasted. The room was clean, decent towels, bed so-so. Nice big-screen LCD TV w/ HBO. Restaurant only had cereal and fruit for free, $6-10 for everything else. Not that great of value, would have been better with free hot breakfast. I might stay here again, but would probably look at other nearby deals first. Very convenient to lots of restaurants at mall next door, many within easy walk.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for trying out the Hyatt Place Roanoke; our hotel has a great location near the mall & there are several restaurants within walking distance.

I apologize for the noisy AC unit you experienced during your stay with us. Next time you are staying in a hotel & experience this type of problem please share the information with the front desk staff; this would enable them to check/repair the problem.

We appreciate your business & your feedback.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Booked this room for $103 per night and all I can say is wow! Very high end hotel, would expect to pay much more for the quality of the rooms. They have a self checkin kiosk which is very nice. Lobby is modern and gives a great first impression upon walking in. I booked a double room. Room is huge and has a sectional couch that folds out into a bed. Huge, at least 40 inch flat screen tv. The double beds do feel a little small, but I'm used to a king bed at home so I suppose that's why. Good linens, pillow top mattresses, lots of pillows. Very comfy bed, slept great. Room has a wet bar, fridge, and desk. Bathroom sink is separate from shower and toilet. Room is very modern and updated. One of the nicest if not the nicest room I've ever stayed in. Indoor pool is very nice. Pool is pretty big, I should have taken a picture, I don't believe there are any in their website, but it's nice. Breakfast was ok, cereals, bagels, fresh fruit. Nothing fancy but adequate. Staff is very nice. Everything is clean. My only complaint is that I wish they had a self laundry facility. This place is fabulous, you definitely won't go wrong staying here! A++++++

• Stayed August 2011
lcamper, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you for the glowing review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us; we strive to deliver a great product on a daily basis. It is always refreshing to hear that our staff is hitting their mark of outstanding customer service.

We hope that you will keep us in mind for the next time you are in the Roanoke area!

We appreciate your business!
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt during a recent high school reunion. The hotel is located at the back of shops, restaurants and the mall. I was greeted warmly when I arrived. Check in was quick, efficient and personal. My room was very nice. I had a non-smoking room with 2 queen beds. I loved the layout of the room with the "wet bar" (refrigerator, sink and coffee maker) on my immediate left when I walked into the room. A desk was also located in this area. A sofa and ottoman (nice touch, by the way) was to my right. The beds, dressing area, sink and bathroom were at the back of the room. My only semi-complaint was the floor unit for the air conditioning. Although relatively quiet and very efficient, the cycling of the fan during the night kept me awake as I am a light sleeper. I eventually turned the fan on, and hence the AC off, which worked well. The hotel was quiet and peaceful. The gym area had a couple of treadmills and an elliptical machine. The pool area looked nice and several families were swimming, but I didn't have time to join them. Overall, this was a most enjoyable stay at an excellent hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
lcamper, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We think Hyatt did a great job when designing the guestrooms; they did not miss any opportunity to make it as comfortable as possible. And our location is perfect for anything you would want to do while visiting the Roanoke area.

The individual air conditioning/heating units in each room does give the guest the opportunity of controlling the settings which is a plus for most travelers. We are all used to central air that doesn't have the noise when the cycles change. I apologize for the interruption this caused in your sleep; I am pleased you found a solution that worked.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again when your travels bring you back to the Roanoke area.

We appreciate your business!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our first night of our trip across country. We were greeted warmly at check-in. Our room was nice and clean and the bed was extra comfortable. The TV is huge and we had a decent continental breakfast the next morning (there are hot items available for purchase).

We really enjoyed our stay here since it is so close to the mall and other stores. It was a great jumping off place in the morning for our next destination. I had a wonderful night of sleep here and great service. I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Check for discount rates on their site. We got a good military rate
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel; what a great way to start your cross country adventure!

We love to hear from guests after they experience our hotel & the beds. We have had guests that were so comfortable in bed they had to force themselves to get up or risk missing a meeting.

Keep us in mind incase your travels bring you back to the Roanoke area. By the way we do offer the government rate to government employees & those on military duty.

Enjoy your trip!
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We were driving the Blue Ridge Parkway and went further than planned because it was such a beautiful day. We had to make our stopover in Roanoke for the night and took Exit 3E for a hotel. By coincidence we got the last room in this Hyatt and it was really wonderful!

The rooms are modern, super clean, comfortable and have all the modern amenities - granite counters, sofa, big screen TV. It was like a very nice suite. The lobby is very attractive and food choices for a quick snack were very nice. They even had Lemon Bars! Continental breakfast was included and you had the option of having it on very nice china. Loved the mix of people staying here, families, business people and bikers on road trips. There is a nice pool and the choices for what to do around here were huge -- mall, movies and lots of nice chain restaurants.

Overall a nice surprise -- back in suburban life after the amazing Blue Ridge but super comfy.

Super Value!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
lcamper, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Roanoke, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
We are so lucky to have the Blue Ridge Parkway so close to Roanoke; our hotel is the perfect stop & it has a lot to offer our guests. Thank you for discovering the Hyatt Place Roanoke & for taking the time to write a glowing review.

Please keep us in mind for any futire trips you might have in the Roanoke Valley area & recommend us to your friends/business associates.

All the best!