“Last minute choice....glad I did” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cary, North Carolina
“Last minute choice....glad I did”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had to travel to Roanoke last minute for business. I did a search for a hotel close to the office I was visiting. This hotel did not pop up immediately in my search, but I found it and it was close to where I needed to be.
I am very glad I found this hotel. as soon as I laid down on the bed, it was the most comfortable (for me) bed I've slept in. The comforter was fluffy and comfortable, and the sheets were crisp and clean. I slept very well last night.
There was a power strip next to the lamp, so while at first it may appear tacky, I was very glad to see it since I have two laptops, and 2 phones to power (that is just me)
I checked out this morning, but due to the major snowstorm last night, I had to stay an extra night, I was able to get my same room again.

Wifi was very good in my room

This was a double queen room for about $100 a night and it has a Fridge, and Microwave.
Kudos to the hotel for having the sidewalk cleared of snow before I left the hotel early this morning.
There is a restaurant next door.called the Elephant walk. The food was just ok, I would not go again, but it was inexpensive. I did note that there were a fair amount of locals at the bar, so it can't be all that bad.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
PatelR158, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, yesterday
Tata R,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. A good nights' sleep goes a long way anymore, and I am glad that we were able to accomplish that for you. And yes, that power strip comes in very handy! I am glad that our crew cleared a path for you the next morning. Safety is one of our priorities. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Holiday Inn Tanglewood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had reservations and checked right in no problem. Went out to dinner etc. and returned at 11:00 P.M. went to bed. I then realized of a very annoying sound coming from the compressor of the refrigerator. I hardly got any sleep and I didn't want to change rooms since it was late and my wife did fall asleep. It came a blizzard the next day and driving 3 plus hours in this was worse since I had no sleep. Upon checking out I waiting for a long period for she was discussing the weather with someone on the phone which could have been a customer but no one else was working the desk! She eventually waited on the gentleman in front of me then I reported the problem. She acted as if she could care less and only stated " My fridge did that also and laughed". The place was clean but I wished I had booked at the Sleep Inn across the street at least they serve breakfast and could have saved money plus gotten a good nights sleep as we stayed there the weekend before but it was booked this weekend. Staff at Sleep Inn were a lot more caring.

Room Tip: Check out the equipment i.e. fridge, heater, etc. to see that it is in good working order.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
PatelR158, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Rebel56,

We greatly appreciate the review. I apologize that your stay with us was not up to standard. This is not our normal procedure when faced with dissatisfaction. I will be addressing not only the issue with the refrigerator, but with my front desk staff as well. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to serve you.

Holiday Inn Tanglewood.com
Round Hill, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have stayed here multiple times now, and it is consistently a nice hotel. Very nice staff, clean, updated rooms with comfortable beds and pillows. Just a short drive off 81, its worth the drive to have a very nice hotel at an affordable price! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
PatelR158, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Lori C.,

Thank you so much for the great review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Check in was easy and the front desk staff was pleasant. We decided to eat at the restaurant in the hotel, which we were very pleased with. The food was quick and tasted GREAT! I would definitely recommend visiting the restaurant and staying at the hotel.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
ninjathomp,

Thanks for the review! Yes, our restaurant, is amazing. I am so glad you got to experience it!
Roanoke, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've stayed here may times over the years. The rooms are dated and the public spaces just look "used." My room had a hole in the curtain and smelled faintly of, perhaps, old smoke or just "age?" The hallways had a lot of spots where the wallpaper was covered with swatches of other paper, assumedly to cover holes. The hotel staff was very friendly at the front desk and the bar. We were planning to eat in the restaurant attached, but found out that at least one of the kitchen staff was very ill (flu) but working! We went elsewhere. This hotel is well past its prime, but still convenient when in the south part of Roanoke. I can't complain because I got the room through Priceline, but it seemed about the same value as a 2 star nearby.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was very pleased with this Hotel. Great service and friendly staff. Room was clean and in great condition. Easily accessible from the parking lot as well. Very quiet and in a great location. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms on 30-47 on each floor have a great mountain view.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
PatelR158, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Maouriceltic,

Thanks so much for the kind review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and can't wait to see you again.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2015

The Staff was great! The Hotel was clean, including the lobby to the rooms. The Restaurant was okay, nothing special! The location is great, with lots of different dining and shopping nearby. I would definitely stay again on a business trip!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Barry-Dani,

Thanks for the review! We always appreciate it. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Holiday Inn Tanglewood

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood? Share your experiences!