“Delivers as expected but I don't agree with the hysterical raves” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Springfield, Virginia
“Delivers as expected but I don't agree with the hysterical raves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I've stayed here twice for the Mysticon convention. The hotel is what you expect for this price level and the staff really IS exceptionally friendly. However, I had a complaint because with all the hoopla over getting parking passes for your windshield, I was unable to park in the lot despite seeing many cars without the printed passes. So they didn't do anything to enforce it and at least one overnight guest (me) had to park in the overflow lot. I also do not understand why people rave about the food. I think it ranges from below average to utterly mediocre. I don't expect better at a hotel restaurant, but people who say it's awesome must have been living in the boondocks too long.Love the bartenders, though. They do a really good job despite not having the equipment a real bar would have.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
PatelR158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Julie M,

Thank you for your candid feedback.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay during Mysticon. We are working very closely with Mysticon staff on making sure ample parking is available for hotel guest/s during Mysticon. We got lots of compliments during this past convention about how the parking was handled. Please accept our sincere apologies for your inconvenience.

We look forward to accommodate your lodging and parking needs for next year convention. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any concerns.

AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
va beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The staff is very nice. They were all very pleasant to deal with. The outside and lobby have been updated. The halls and rooms not so much.
Our room had dirty walls and the TV was so old and had faded so much it was hard to watch.
The bed linens were old and worn out.
I do not know by what standards they measure beds but our room featured to QUEEN beds. Well maybe if you pushed them together!
Again staff was great but other than that I would probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
PatelR158, Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Eric1963,

We are so glad to hear that our customer service met your expectation.

We are in process of changing our remaining two double beds to queen beds and also have schedule the renovation of other public area soon.

I can assure you that your next stay will be more comfortable.

Graham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Kim at the Front Desk is the BEST! Great service! Always very attentive and cordial. I have stayed at this location many times and I am very pleased. I am a business traveler and stay in a hotel 150 nights a year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
PatelR158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Ron M,

Along with Kim the entire team of Holiday Inn Tanglewood appreciate your feedback. We look forward serving you again during your next trip in Roanoke Va.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Very nice lobby with excellent staff at the front desk. From there, the rest is average, at best. Clean room with a comfy bed. Only have two complaints about this hotel. The shower pressure was not much more than a trickle. Nice, hot water, just not powerful enough for my liking. Also, there's not continental breakfast. I stay in hotels quite often and this is the first that I was provided the opportunity to eat IF I chose to pay the additional $8.95 (+tip for the waitstaff). I think the hundred dollars I invested in a place to sleep should include the breakfast.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
PatelR158, Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear brettman,

We are glad you enjoyed our comfy bad and has pleasure to meet with our highly trained staff. I apologize for the mix up with room type.

We look forward to serve you again during your next trip.

Seymour,IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The facade is new, but inside is still dated! If you are in a wheelchair, this is NOT the place for you. Why?

1. Bed too tall (try sitting next to your kitchen table
and then try to sit on the table using only your arms).
2. Room too small to maneuver within - too much furniture. Closet almost non-existant.
3. Not enough outlets for all the chargers and unreachable in wheelchair.
4. Room VERY far from entry - long way to go in a wheelchair over thick carpet.
5. Wheelchairs do not do well with pedestal sinks.
6. There must be 18" between door (latch side) and wall as one approaches the door. Here, 6".

Basically, they tried to turn a normal room into a wheelchair accessible one - it just doesn't work.

Also, note the comment above about the bed height. We stayed in 5 different hotels - 3 Holiday Inns or Express - on this trip and ALL of them had beds which were to high. This is a common problem and must be addressed!

Also, they have eliminated the complimentary breakfast but restaurant service and food is good.

Room Tip: If in wheelchair, call the specific hotel ahead of time and confirm "wheelchair accessible room...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
PatelR158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Douglas M,

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not upto your expectation. All Hotels has to follow ADA guidelines before we can call that room Wheelchair accessible.

I am glad to hear that you like our Restaurant and food.. we do offer one of the cheapest breakfast in town with an option to go for limited menu or All you can eat hot buffet which is highly recommended by all our guest.

We look forward to serve you again in near future.

GM
O'Higgins Region, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We are staying at Holiday Inn in Roanoke VA and just met their General Manager and what a blessing it was. Having issue connecting laptop to TV ? No problem. He ran home and got his Chromecast which is what we use at home. We are staying here for long time and needed Chormecast as we left ours at home and its not going to be delivered till tomorrow. I will never share mine with anyone but for Mr. Patel we are his heroes (as we are Holiday inn guest). Hotel itself is very clean and comfortable. Food is way better than other hotels we stayed in during our trip. We will highly recommend staying here.
Thank you Mr. Patel for helping us not miss our shows.

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had Kim at the front desk, and she was very professional, friendly, patient, and accommodating to my special needs, since I was traveling with my 1.5 year old son. I asked for to be able to check out a little later than the usual 12:00pm, and that was not a problem.

Dear ouJoshcsr,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to serve you again in near future.

AGM

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood? Share your experiences!