“Holiday Inn Roanoke Va.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Graham, North Carolina
“Holiday Inn Roanoke Va.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Kim at the Front Desk is the BEST! Great service! Always very attentive and cordial. I have stayed at this location many times and I am very pleased. I am a business traveler and stay in a hotel 150 nights a year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
PatelR158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Ron M,

Along with Kim the entire team of Holiday Inn Tanglewood appreciate your feedback. We look forward serving you again during your next trip in Roanoke Va.

AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Very nice lobby with excellent staff at the front desk. From there, the rest is average, at best. Clean room with a comfy bed. Only have two complaints about this hotel. The shower pressure was not much more than a trickle. Nice, hot water, just not powerful enough for my liking. Also, there's not continental breakfast. I stay in hotels quite often and this is the first that I was provided the opportunity to eat IF I chose to pay the additional $8.95 (+tip for the waitstaff). I think the hundred dollars I invested in a place to sleep should include the breakfast.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
PatelR158, Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear brettman,

We are glad you enjoyed our comfy bad and has pleasure to meet with our highly trained staff. I apologize for the mix up with room type.

We look forward to serve you again during your next trip.

Seymour,IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The facade is new, but inside is still dated! If you are in a wheelchair, this is NOT the place for you. Why?

1. Bed too tall (try sitting next to your kitchen table
and then try to sit on the table using only your arms).
2. Room too small to maneuver within - too much furniture. Closet almost non-existant.
3. Not enough outlets for all the chargers and unreachable in wheelchair.
4. Room VERY far from entry - long way to go in a wheelchair over thick carpet.
5. Wheelchairs do not do well with pedestal sinks.
6. There must be 18" between door (latch side) and wall as one approaches the door. Here, 6".

Basically, they tried to turn a normal room into a wheelchair accessible one - it just doesn't work.

Also, note the comment above about the bed height. We stayed in 5 different hotels - 3 Holiday Inns or Express - on this trip and ALL of them had beds which were to high. This is a common problem and must be addressed!

Also, they have eliminated the complimentary breakfast but restaurant service and food is good.

Room Tip: If in wheelchair, call the specific hotel ahead of time and confirm "wheelchair accessible room...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
PatelR158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Douglas M,

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not upto your expectation. All Hotels has to follow ADA guidelines before we can call that room Wheelchair accessible.

I am glad to hear that you like our Restaurant and food.. we do offer one of the cheapest breakfast in town with an option to go for limited menu or All you can eat hot buffet which is highly recommended by all our guest.

GM
O'Higgins Region, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We are staying at Holiday Inn in Roanoke VA and just met their General Manager and what a blessing it was. Having issue connecting laptop to TV ? No problem. He ran home and got his Chromecast which is what we use at home. We are staying here for long time and needed Chormecast as we left ours at home and its not going to be delivered till tomorrow. I will never share mine with anyone but for Mr. Patel we are his heroes (as we are Holiday inn guest). Hotel itself is very clean and comfortable. Food is way better than other hotels we stayed in during our trip. We will highly recommend staying here.
Thank you Mr. Patel for helping us not miss our shows.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had Kim at the front desk, and she was very professional, friendly, patient, and accommodating to my special needs, since I was traveling with my 1.5 year old son. I asked for to be able to check out a little later than the usual 12:00pm, and that was not a problem.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear ouJoshcsr,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Sterling Heights, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

06/29/14 Janna at front desk was very pleasant and gave Kayla keys to let me in meeting room. The room was set right, and my box of supplies (shipped ahead) was in it. The only problem was that the extension cord supplied was missing a ground plug. I asked Kayla to have someone replace it and she said she would request one right away. About 10 minutes later, a man came with another surge suppressor, which I did not need. I showed him the orange extension cord and explained the missing ground plug problem. He said, “It will work.” I replied that I knew it would work, but that was it was a federal and state safety violation and the hotel could be fined by OSHA for it. I gave him a copy of the OSHA eTool on the subject and asked him to find me a new extension cord. He brought one back after about 10 minutes and I suggested he keep the printed copy of the OSHA information for future reference. The sleeping rooms are clean and updated. Mine had a fridge and a microwave. The temperature control unit was very quiet and worked well. My room was on the third floor and faced an old Blockbuster Video sign. The parking lot was quite clean, too, and the grounds were well-maintained. The Internet access is extremely unreliable and slow. I was kicked off several times and many guests complained. The restaurant staff gave me a to go cup for coffee without being asked. Ami from banquets was very courteous and showed me where to find the AC control for the room. The meeting room light is dim but there are window shades that can be opened. The old recessed fixtures were designed for incandescent lamps that all been replaced with CFLs and the light level isn’t what it should be. This could be fixed by using LEDs designed for the purpose and installing the proper dimmers.

Room Tip: If you need reliable Internet access, I suggest you stay elsewhere. If you're not fussy about th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
PatelR158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Professordoctorm...
Thank you so much for your great suggestions. We take your feedback very seriously and wanted to let you know that all issues you mentioned in your review has been addressed.

We are happy to enjoyed rest of your stay.

Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Honestly, I wasn´t expecting much….its a Holiday Inn. There wasn´t much to choose from in this city, so we went with familiarity. Well, it paid off. The hotel is probably due for a renovation, but considering that, it was really quite nice. It didn´t even have that old hotel smell that you´d expect when its ready for an update. It was clean, actually had nice sheets and a comfy bed. The only issue we had was with billing, but it was solved quick and very professionally.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Shawnnnalee,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

We are grateful that you enjoyed our new bedding. I will proudly share your review with my team. See you again shortly.

Regards,
AGM

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood? Share your experiences!