“Flexible, Friendly, Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Flexible, Friendly, Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had Kim at the front desk, and she was very professional, friendly, patient, and accommodating to my special needs, since I was traveling with my 1.5 year old son. I asked for to be able to check out a little later than the usual 12:00pm, and that was not a problem.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
PatelR158, Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear ouJoshcsr,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to serve you again in near future.

AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sterling Heights, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

06/29/14 Janna at front desk was very pleasant and gave Kayla keys to let me in meeting room. The room was set right, and my box of supplies (shipped ahead) was in it. The only problem was that the extension cord supplied was missing a ground plug. I asked Kayla to have someone replace it and she said she would request one right away. About 10 minutes later, a man came with another surge suppressor, which I did not need. I showed him the orange extension cord and explained the missing ground plug problem. He said, “It will work.” I replied that I knew it would work, but that was it was a federal and state safety violation and the hotel could be fined by OSHA for it. I gave him a copy of the OSHA eTool on the subject and asked him to find me a new extension cord. He brought one back after about 10 minutes and I suggested he keep the printed copy of the OSHA information for future reference. The sleeping rooms are clean and updated. Mine had a fridge and a microwave. The temperature control unit was very quiet and worked well. My room was on the third floor and faced an old Blockbuster Video sign. The parking lot was quite clean, too, and the grounds were well-maintained. The Internet access is extremely unreliable and slow. I was kicked off several times and many guests complained. The restaurant staff gave me a to go cup for coffee without being asked. Ami from banquets was very courteous and showed me where to find the AC control for the room. The meeting room light is dim but there are window shades that can be opened. The old recessed fixtures were designed for incandescent lamps that all been replaced with CFLs and the light level isn’t what it should be. This could be fixed by using LEDs designed for the purpose and installing the proper dimmers.

Room Tip: If you need reliable Internet access, I suggest you stay elsewhere. If you're not fussy about th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
PatelR158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Professordoctorm...
Thank you so much for your great suggestions. We take your feedback very seriously and wanted to let you know that all issues you mentioned in your review has been addressed.

We are happy to enjoyed rest of your stay.

We look forward to serve you again in near future.

Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Honestly, I wasn´t expecting much….its a Holiday Inn. There wasn´t much to choose from in this city, so we went with familiarity. Well, it paid off. The hotel is probably due for a renovation, but considering that, it was really quite nice. It didn´t even have that old hotel smell that you´d expect when its ready for an update. It was clean, actually had nice sheets and a comfy bed. The only issue we had was with billing, but it was solved quick and very professionally.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Shawnnnalee,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

We are grateful that you enjoyed our new bedding. I will proudly share your review with my team. See you again shortly.

Regards,
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn at Tanglewood in Roanoke, Virginia from Friday, 6/6/14 to
Wednesday, 6/11/14. I found those at the front desk, particularly Kayla, to be most professional
and very friendly. The accommodations were very comfortable with a microwave and a mini
refrigerator in the room.
I found the hotel's restaurant, The Elephant Walk, to have an extensive menu for breakfast,
lunch, and dinner at very reasonable prices. Matthew, Steve, and Robert, restaurant employees,
provided excellent and very personable service. The food is delicious and the portions are
very ample.
I highly recommend the Holiday Inn at Tanglewood on your next visit to Roanoke, Virginia.

Sincerely.....Ron Pagano

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ron Pagano,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. We are also happy to hear that loved food of our award winning restaurant.

Along with Kayla, and Robert we all will look forward to host your stay again at HITW.

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I am perplexed as to why this place rates so highly and as a loyal member of IHG I honestly find this property to not be up to standard. We regularly stay in Holiday Inns, but this one was terrible. Firstly the staff at check in were relatively rude and disinterested. We thought it was because we were using one of our rewards nights, so were not initially phased by their attitude. When we checked into our room and attempted to use the shower the drain appeared to be blocked. On further investigation we found it clogged with hair and we were unable to unblock it. We went down to reception who were unapologetic and just handed us keys for a new room. The two rooms were not very clean with stained furniture and carpets. The beds were comfortable, but the linens were very old and pilled. They do have a fitness centre there but the equipment was old and some of it does not function properly. We found the place to lack general cleanliness and were just unimpressed by the overall lack of quality for a Holiday Inn. There is free parking and it is in a good location for travel to the Blue Ridge Parkway, they are the only two positives I drew from my stay there. In all honesty I would give this one a miss and I hope management is able to address the lack lustre service we received, as Holiday Inns have much higher standards than this one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear outdoor21,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. I appreciate your good comments regarding our complimentary parking and location. However, it is truly regrettable that your recent overall experience was less than satisfactory. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information and follow up on you.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Matthews, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is a great Holiday Inn, one of the best I have ever stayed. What really impressed me was when I scanned the room before I left I missed some cash and valuables. I got a call within 45 minutes after checking out that LEO and SIS had turned my valuables into the front desk and they were waiting for me to pick up. I probably would not have noticed for quite some time and really appreciated their honesty and prompt service.

Dear Mr. Wesley,

Holiday Inn Tanglewood team takes proud in what they do and we do have policy to hold everything small items we find in rooms for 3months.

We are glad that we were able to call you before you went too far. I have happily shared your review with entire team.

Look forward to see you during your next trip in Roanoke VA.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Clean, Kind, helpful staff but the best staff member was STEVE on the breakfast, restaurant staff. If all hospitality, restaurant employees were as efficient, professional, attentive as him you would have repeat customers. I have travelled the world and he ranks as " the best of the best" by saying " yes, we can do that " due to my dietary needs when they only had a buffet. Steve will take care of you because he truly cares that you have a great stay........ And breakfast and dinner!

Dear Dolly P,

Here at Holiday Inn Tanglewood we understand how hard it is to be away from home especially with food restrictions.

We are glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your special order needs in timely manner. Steve along with all of us greatly appreciate your time for leaving us a review.

AGM

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood? Share your experiences!