“Pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Berlin, Germany
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Honestly, I wasn´t expecting much….its a Holiday Inn. There wasn´t much to choose from in this city, so we went with familiarity. Well, it paid off. The hotel is probably due for a renovation, but considering that, it was really quite nice. It didn´t even have that old hotel smell that you´d expect when its ready for an update. It was clean, actually had nice sheets and a comfy bed. The only issue we had was with billing, but it was solved quick and very professionally.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
PatelR158, Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Shawnnnalee,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

We are grateful that you enjoyed our new bedding. I will proudly share your review with my team. See you again shortly.

Regards,
AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn at Tanglewood in Roanoke, Virginia from Friday, 6/6/14 to
Wednesday, 6/11/14. I found those at the front desk, particularly Kayla, to be most professional
and very friendly. The accommodations were very comfortable with a microwave and a mini
refrigerator in the room.
I found the hotel's restaurant, The Elephant Walk, to have an extensive menu for breakfast,
lunch, and dinner at very reasonable prices. Matthew, Steve, and Robert, restaurant employees,
provided excellent and very personable service. The food is delicious and the portions are
very ample.
I highly recommend the Holiday Inn at Tanglewood on your next visit to Roanoke, Virginia.

Sincerely.....Ron Pagano

Dear Ron Pagano,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. We are also happy to hear that loved food of our award winning restaurant.

Along with Kayla, and Robert we all will look forward to host your stay again at HITW.

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I am perplexed as to why this place rates so highly and as a loyal member of IHG I honestly find this property to not be up to standard. We regularly stay in Holiday Inns, but this one was terrible. Firstly the staff at check in were relatively rude and disinterested. We thought it was because we were using one of our rewards nights, so were not initially phased by their attitude. When we checked into our room and attempted to use the shower the drain appeared to be blocked. On further investigation we found it clogged with hair and we were unable to unblock it. We went down to reception who were unapologetic and just handed us keys for a new room. The two rooms were not very clean with stained furniture and carpets. The beds were comfortable, but the linens were very old and pilled. They do have a fitness centre there but the equipment was old and some of it does not function properly. We found the place to lack general cleanliness and were just unimpressed by the overall lack of quality for a Holiday Inn. There is free parking and it is in a good location for travel to the Blue Ridge Parkway, they are the only two positives I drew from my stay there. In all honesty I would give this one a miss and I hope management is able to address the lack lustre service we received, as Holiday Inns have much higher standards than this one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear outdoor21,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. I appreciate your good comments regarding our complimentary parking and location. However, it is truly regrettable that your recent overall experience was less than satisfactory. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information and follow up on you.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Matthews, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is a great Holiday Inn, one of the best I have ever stayed. What really impressed me was when I scanned the room before I left I missed some cash and valuables. I got a call within 45 minutes after checking out that LEO and SIS had turned my valuables into the front desk and they were waiting for me to pick up. I probably would not have noticed for quite some time and really appreciated their honesty and prompt service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
PatelR158, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Mr. Wesley,

Holiday Inn Tanglewood team takes proud in what they do and we do have policy to hold everything small items we find in rooms for 3months.

We are glad that we were able to call you before you went too far. I have happily shared your review with entire team.

Look forward to see you during your next trip in Roanoke VA.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Clean, Kind, helpful staff but the best staff member was STEVE on the breakfast, restaurant staff. If all hospitality, restaurant employees were as efficient, professional, attentive as him you would have repeat customers. I have travelled the world and he ranks as " the best of the best" by saying " yes, we can do that " due to my dietary needs when they only had a buffet. Steve will take care of you because he truly cares that you have a great stay........ And breakfast and dinner!

Dear Dolly P,

Here at Holiday Inn Tanglewood we understand how hard it is to be away from home especially with food restrictions.

We are glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your special order needs in timely manner. Steve along with all of us greatly appreciate your time for leaving us a review.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Robert has been part of the maintenance staff for quite some time. If I have ever had a problem , he has always been there pronto. He is very courteous and takes great pride in his work and keeping this hotel well maintained. Front desk staff are always top notch as well.

Dear Charlie C,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and loyalty towards our hotel.

We look forward to serve you for many more years.

Regards,
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Kim was very helpful and courteous at check-in. The hotel was very quite and relaxing, The staff was very professional. Everyone was very helpful. All of my requests were addressed promptly and i would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Megan W,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff highly commendable. It is always hugely motivating on our end to receive commendable feedback from our valued guests like you.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again here in Tanglewood.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood? Share your experiences!