“Outstanding, Phenomenal and Amazing Place!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Los Angeles, California
“Outstanding, Phenomenal and Amazing Place!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I visited Roanoke, VA to attend a business meeting, I definitely had a pleasant time in Roanoke really beautiful town and nice people of Corse. I made my reservation by calling this property because I don’t like dealing with automatic records when I called the local number of the hotel they answered my call within three rings so that was quick. They provided me good corporate discount and I saved good amount of money as well. When I arrived Roanoke there were holiday inn van waiting for me outside the airport and the driver was really kind man he helped me carry my luggage as well, we reach the hotel within 15 minutes. They knew that I was already tired after ling day so thy had my express check inn ready and I was in my room within five minutes. Hotel smelled really awesome and clean, staff was friendly and professional I was really happy to be there and on the top of that the front desk representative informed me about the restaurant and bar on the property I really had a pleasant time in this holiday inn. I would definitely recommend this property to all my friends and family who ever is visiting the Roanoke, Va. Holiday inn tangelwood you guys definitely rock!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our property, it's always nice to hear when we succeed on that kind of level! I will be sharing this review with our staff at our next meeting as an example of how to be ready for the guest every day. I'm also glad you enjoyed the Elephant Walk, our very own, locally owned restaurant and lounge. Did they mention they are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!!! I hope we get to see you again in the near future!!

Travel Safe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sylvania, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Bed was broken down, food in the restaurant was bad, breakfast was over-priced and awful, plumbing noises all night, and the room was excessively dry. Only redeeming asset is that the hotel was relatively convenient to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Stay away from this hotel and stay somewhere else.

Stayed October 2013
I'm so very sorry to here about the experience you had with us. We strive to deliver an outstanding service experience for every guest, every day, and it looks like we fell short this time. I hope we get a chance to make it up to you in the future. Please call me if you'd like to speak further about this.

Weyers Cave, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The entire staff was very pleasant and helpful. The front desk staff, restaurant employees and housekeeping were all very professional and friendly. Would definitely stay at this property again. Location is good, close to shopping.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for you review, we appreciate the kind words. It's always nice to see that we are delivering on our promise to offer great service, every guest, every day. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time here with us, please come and see us again!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I would rate this property 5 of 5 based on their cleanliness location, and great people. I stayed for 5 nights and made some good friends at desk and restaurant. Even though everyone was very helpful rohan at desk was very nice. He remembered my name and never missed an opportunity to offer his help.
Breakfast room is bit outdated but Robbie and Steve has a lot to offer.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rate with breakfast is a good saving.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. We take great pride in what we offer here, we work hard to keep the hotel clean and up to date, and we strive to offer fabulous amenities. What we hang our hat on however is our service, we train and work very hard to make sure all our employees are delivering on the promise to offer outstanding service, every guest, every day! And it's nice to see that we are delivering on that promise.

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon!
Winchester, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I travel to Roanoke often for business and I had been staying out by the airport.
Then I found the Holiday Inn Tanglewood.
It is convenient, clean and the staff is always very professional and courteous.
It has become my favorite place to stay in Roanoke and with the renovations the rooms are as nice as anywhere I have ever stayed.
Keep up the good work!
-Scott

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us and others know how we're doing! I'm so glad to hear from such a loyal guest! We take pride in knowing that folks can call us their home-away-from-home. I hope we get to see you again soon!

Hillsborough, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our trip driving down the Blue Ridge Parkway. We did not have a reservation and stopped in to get a room. The young man and the front desk took care of us and was very helpful - I wish I could remember his name so i could have added it to this review. He was so helpful and talked to us about our trip down the blue ridge parkway. We were given a room on the 5th floor with a king bed and a nice flat panel television - the room was clean and comfortable. We also got free breakfast which was not bad...they had an omelet station, waffles, cereal, fruit, and toast along with scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits & gravy, and sausage and bacon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope the parkway was a fun trip for you, we love seeing folks come in and talking to them about the drive. We just happen to be the closest full service hotel to the parkway as well! I hope the next time you stay with us you'll get the chance to eat in the Elephant Walk, our very own, locally owned restaurant and lounge!!! We all hope to see you again soon!

Travel Safe!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Me and my family visited our friends and family in Roanoke, Va after long time so we were really excited and we made our reservation at Holiday inn Tangelwood Roanoke, Va. I noted so many things that caught my eyes. 1) when we called to check the rate the front desk representative picked up the phone within one ring it was like really quick I consider it professional, 2) front desk representative gave me all the information that I needed and she was really sweet and professional she didn’t even rush at all like other places she gave me her full attention, 3)when we arrived at the hotel staff help us out to carry luggage that was really kind, 4) front office was neat and clean and it was smelling fresh and amazing which really impressed me, 5) our room was at the 5th floor so we took the elevator and it was clean and hallways were really spotless and neat which was really nice. Last but not the least our room was really clean, bed was really comfortable and bathroom was clean. We went to the elephant walk restaurant in the same building and the food was amazing as well. Location is amazing and when we asked for the late check out they gave us late check out no one even knocked the door or called. I will give 10 out of 10 to this hotel. I wish every hotel was like this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed the hotel, we try every day to provide every guest with this kind of stay. We take pride in our hotel, and most of all the service we provide to our guests. Also it's nice to see you had the chance to enjoy the Elephant Walk Restaurant and Lounge, our very own, locally owned restaurant! I hope we get to see you again in the future!

Thanks again,
Travel Safe

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood? Share your experiences!