“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hillsborough, New Jersey, USA
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our trip driving down the Blue Ridge Parkway. We did not have a reservation and stopped in to get a room. The young man and the front desk took care of us and was very helpful - I wish I could remember his name so i could have added it to this review. He was so helpful and talked to us about our trip down the blue ridge parkway. We were given a room on the 5th floor with a king bed and a nice flat panel television - the room was clean and comfortable. We also got free breakfast which was not bad...they had an omelet station, waffles, cereal, fruit, and toast along with scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits & gravy, and sausage and bacon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope the parkway was a fun trip for you, we love seeing folks come in and talking to them about the drive. We just happen to be the closest full service hotel to the parkway as well! I hope the next time you stay with us you'll get the chance to eat in the Elephant Walk, our very own, locally owned restaurant and lounge!!! We all hope to see you again soon!

Travel Safe!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Me and my family visited our friends and family in Roanoke, Va after long time so we were really excited and we made our reservation at Holiday inn Tangelwood Roanoke, Va. I noted so many things that caught my eyes. 1) when we called to check the rate the front desk representative picked up the phone within one ring it was like really quick I consider it professional, 2) front desk representative gave me all the information that I needed and she was really sweet and professional she didn’t even rush at all like other places she gave me her full attention, 3)when we arrived at the hotel staff help us out to carry luggage that was really kind, 4) front office was neat and clean and it was smelling fresh and amazing which really impressed me, 5) our room was at the 5th floor so we took the elevator and it was clean and hallways were really spotless and neat which was really nice. Last but not the least our room was really clean, bed was really comfortable and bathroom was clean. We went to the elephant walk restaurant in the same building and the food was amazing as well. Location is amazing and when we asked for the late check out they gave us late check out no one even knocked the door or called. I will give 10 out of 10 to this hotel. I wish every hotel was like this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed the hotel, we try every day to provide every guest with this kind of stay. We take pride in our hotel, and most of all the service we provide to our guests. Also it's nice to see you had the chance to enjoy the Elephant Walk Restaurant and Lounge, our very own, locally owned restaurant! I hope we get to see you again in the future!

Thanks again,
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Common areas have dirty, stained carpets, hotel bed is uncomfortable, toilet seat is stained, worn and should be replaced. Not worth the money. Had to stay here for work but never again. Overall appearance is good but look closer and run. I am not usually very picky as long as the hotel is clean with comfortable beds. This hotel had neither. I spend a significant amount of time traveling for work and would rather stay at the Holiday Inn Express than this full service Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I'm so very sorry to hear about the conditions you noticed in our hotel, this is not the kind of stay we strive so hard to provide for our guests. I would love to discuss this with you further, you're welcome to give me a call anytime and the desk will put you through to my cell.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We rolled into this place last night ; no reservations, and hungry. Of course, the hotel was full; trouble is so were all others in the area.

We know this because employee, Jessica, went out of her way-bent over backwards-went the extra mile - to find us a place, albeit in another city, but we were able to find a nice place within an hour drive.

Honestly, we must have looked pitiful, because she was so kind and helpful.

Room Tip: Did not see inside rooms here, but lobby was really nice so I assume rooms are also.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We take great pride in the job we do here, and it's nice to hear some feedback that says we're delivering on the promise of excellent service! Jessica is a valued asset to us, and I will make sure she sees a copy of this review! I'm sorry that you weren't able to stay with us, but I trust we'll see you again in the future!

Travel Safe, and thank you!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I recently stayed here for a weekend conference and found the accommodations to be great. The building had a recent makeover and everything was updated and comfortable. They didn't spend money to replace the beds, which was the only downside to the stay. Staff were incredibly attentive, the hotel was clean, the rooms were nice and it was central to plenty of places to grab something to eat or shop.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay with us!! We're so glad you enjoyed your time spent here, and I hope the conference went well!! I hope we get to see you again soon!!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stay at this hotel every year I am in the area for business. Check in was a little tricky. I was given a room that was already occupied by another guest. But the front desk made it up to me by giving me a free breakfast. I was not too happy with the situation I dealt within the restaurant as I am an owner of my own. Let's just start off by letting the owner of this hotel know that they should be blessed to have Glenford on staff! Without him I might of never returned. Thursday night ran smooth for our dinner. But when Friday came I felt a lot of negative energy within the establishment. I understand the restaurant is a separate entity from the hotel itself. I found this out after I made a complaint to the font desk. When the waitstaff is done their shift the bartender/restaurant manager takes over. At first I had thought he was taking all the tables from the waitstaff. With this being said there were several customer's waiting to be serviced. Some waited over a half hour. Eventually they got up and left, but not without making a complaint. 2 ladies behind me waited along time for just a house salad. And then they couldn't eat their meal without silverware. The bartender after being asked for silverware just threw it on their table and without an apology. It appeared he only waited on his regular's and we were left in the dust! And he had a very nasty attitude. With this recent experience I don't think I will visit this hotel ever again. And I will make sure to let all of my business friends know of this as well. Good luck to Glenford! He should be ranked the manager.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Thesoupnazi88,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Eastover, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We recently held an event at this hotel. The staff was great to work with except our Event Manager. Loading in and out wasn't easy as there were steps to deal with at every door near the ballroom. The sleeping rooms were great and the food in the restaurant was great. The location is close to restaurants and shopping. Everyone on the staff was great but the one person. However, due to the attitude of the Event Manager and loading problems we won't be back. We return to Roanoke in 2014 but it'll be at the Holiday Inn Valley View. Their Convention facility has level access.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I'm so glad that you took the time to review our property! And I'm very sorry about the challenge you experienced with the entry ways. I would love to talk to you more about this, you are welcome to call me at any time. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the Elephant Walk Restaurant and Lounge, our very own, locally owned dinner and watering hole! We do hope to see you again, and thank you again for your kind words.

Travel Safe

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood? Share your experiences!