“I would of gave a better rating.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
“I would of gave a better rating.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stay at this hotel every year I am in the area for business. Check in was a little tricky. I was given a room that was already occupied by another guest. But the front desk made it up to me by giving me a free breakfast. I was not too happy with the situation I dealt within the restaurant as I am an owner of my own. Let's just start off by letting the owner of this hotel know that they should be blessed to have Glenford on staff! Without him I might of never returned. Thursday night ran smooth for our dinner. But when Friday came I felt a lot of negative energy within the establishment. I understand the restaurant is a separate entity from the hotel itself. I found this out after I made a complaint to the font desk. When the waitstaff is done their shift the bartender/restaurant manager takes over. At first I had thought he was taking all the tables from the waitstaff. With this being said there were several customer's waiting to be serviced. Some waited over a half hour. Eventually they got up and left, but not without making a complaint. 2 ladies behind me waited along time for just a house salad. And then they couldn't eat their meal without silverware. The bartender after being asked for silverware just threw it on their table and without an apology. It appeared he only waited on his regular's and we were left in the dust! And he had a very nasty attitude. With this recent experience I don't think I will visit this hotel ever again. And I will make sure to let all of my business friends know of this as well. Good luck to Glenford! He should be ranked the manager.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Thesoupnazi88,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Eastover, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We recently held an event at this hotel. The staff was great to work with except our Event Manager. Loading in and out wasn't easy as there were steps to deal with at every door near the ballroom. The sleeping rooms were great and the food in the restaurant was great. The location is close to restaurants and shopping. Everyone on the staff was great but the one person. However, due to the attitude of the Event Manager and loading problems we won't be back. We return to Roanoke in 2014 but it'll be at the Holiday Inn Valley View. Their Convention facility has level access.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I'm so glad that you took the time to review our property! And I'm very sorry about the challenge you experienced with the entry ways. I would love to talk to you more about this, you are welcome to call me at any time. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the Elephant Walk Restaurant and Lounge, our very own, locally owned dinner and watering hole! We do hope to see you again, and thank you again for your kind words.

Isle of Wight, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Roanoke-Tanglewood on Saturday, October 5, 2013. The hotel is quiet and clean and in a great location - very close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We checked in easily and were greeted by "Paul" who was fantastic in being helpful. Unfortunately, the morning staff was too busy chatting with each other to assist with having coffee available for guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I want to apologize for the inconsistent service level at the front desk. We aim to provide the highest level of service to each of our guests, and I'm sorry that we failed to deliver on that promise. I hope you get to come see us again soon, and that the rest of your trip went well!

Thanks again
Travel Safe!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We were passing through town and booked a night here at the last minute. The hotel itself is ok -- perfectly fine but nothing special (the common areas are nice, but the rooms are a bit dated).

The staff was great though. We arrived late and were put in a smoking room since the hotel was full. We asked to be moved and the man at front desk went out of his way to work some magic and get a non-smoking room ready. We really appreciated the extra effort.

• Stayed September 2013
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so glad that you found us online for a last minute room! Whenever we have guest requests about room type we do all we can to accommodate and I'm pleased to see that we were able to find you a room that was comfortable! I hope you had the chance to try out the Elephant Walk Restaurant and Lounge, our very own, locally owned restaurant right here on site!

Hope to see you again soon!!!
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were exhausted from driving and looking for some place to stop, and luckily found this Holiday Inn. It was nice and clean, but I wish they'd had a free breakfast! I'm spoiled with so many hotels offering free breakfast and wifi that when of these isn't included I feel shafted.
It's a huge hotel and I imagine they do a great business with large groups.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! You are correct about the large groups, with over 9,000 sq feet of meeting and ballroom space we can host just about anything you can think of here. And with the Elephant Walk Restaraunt we can cater your meals as well!!!

We do offer a complimentary continental breakfast for our IHG Rewards Club Members, and we also have the Elephant Walk serving a buffet for a small price each morning. And yes, WiFi is FREE!!!

Thank you again for your kind words!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Its a large hotel that seems to cater to conferences and business functions more than individual guests. Nice lobby and facilities. Hotel bar/restaurant was large and the friendly bartender helped pass the evening. Pizza was pretty good. The rooms are large and beds were comfortable. Bathroom wasn't very well cleaned and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned well for quite some time (I wore my sandals in there). No breakfast included - for $130 I thought I would at least get a decent breakfast but I left the hotel on an empty stomach and found a place to eat along the way out of town. I wouldn't pay this price for this hotel again but if I could get it for under $100 I would definitely stay again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you took the time to let others know as well. We do offer a complimentary continental breakfast for our IHG Rewards Club Members, and also a full service buffet for a small price each morning. And you are correct in the assumption that we do cater mainly to large conventions and business meetings, we have just over 9,000 sq feet of meeting and ballroom space!!! Thank you again for your time, and we do hope to see you again soon!!

Travel safe
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We use the Holiday Inn, Tanglewood for an event that is held annually. This was the 4th year in using this location and they continue to provide excellent service to us each year. We take over their lobby, their hallway, their meeting rooms for workshops, and their ballroom for the evening before and the entire next day. The staff is extremely helpful and accommodating, which is why we continue to use them year after year. They also provide boxed lunches for our event, and the food is excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty. We greatly appreciate the time you took to tell others about your experiences with us over the years! We're always so excited with we see you and your group come to stay with us! I will pass this along to the staff in the Elephant Walk Restaurant and Lounge as well, as i'm sure they are going to be pleased to hear from you also!

Travel Safe

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood? Share your experiences!