“Great place for an event” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Great place for an event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We use the Holiday Inn, Tanglewood for an event that is held annually. This was the 4th year in using this location and they continue to provide excellent service to us each year. We take over their lobby, their hallway, their meeting rooms for workshops, and their ballroom for the evening before and the entire next day. The staff is extremely helpful and accommodating, which is why we continue to use them year after year. They also provide boxed lunches for our event, and the food is excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty. We greatly appreciate the time you took to tell others about your experiences with us over the years! We're always so excited with we see you and your group come to stay with us! I will pass this along to the staff in the Elephant Walk Restaurant and Lounge as well, as i'm sure they are going to be pleased to hear from you also!

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked over 30 rooms at this joke of a hotel for my wedding guests who were coming in from out of town. Even at the discount of 89 a night, they made well over 2,500 dollars from this. They managed to book our suite we were staying in that was supposedly "reserved" for us back in March and told us they didn't know what to tell us, 2 nights before our wedding. Then, I get a call from some frantic guests saying there was no shuttle scheduled to take them to the wedding. I still had emails from the group coordinator confirming my 2 shuttles at 3, so I call and of course she doesn't work Saturdays. The lady at the desk tells me the manager will call me, and it is 2 at this point. 2:45 comes, still no call. I call back, and she says she can't help, and somehow magically the manager appears. He says they had one at 2:45, not two at 3. In so many words, I tell him he better come up with two after he says he has to leave a VM for the coordinator first. They scrounge up two shuttles and my guests arrive at 3:30. Perfect. We go back to the hotel, and they say the suite was cancelled so we can have it. We sign a receipt for 89 dollars and our account is charged 120. After a call, that was refunded as well. This was literally the only stressful thing about wedding planning, and I will never recommend this horrible hotel to anyone. They need better management and to deliver on their commitments.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I'm so sorry that you had such difficulty while you were with us. I know wedding planning can be stressful and I'm never pleased to see comments like this. I am glad however that it seems that each issue that came up was able to be resolved, though I know that doesn't erase the issue entirely, I am happy to see that everything else went so well.

Congratulations on your marriage.
Conway, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here because it was close to where our son and his family live. Cost was a little more than what we like to pay but overall everything was good. Close to shopping and restaurants. Was very comfortable (we had a 2 queen bed unit w/tv, microwave, & small fridge. Could keep an eye on our vehicle parked in front which was good. We would stay here again and would also recommend it. Also has the Elephant Walk restaurant associated w/it open to public. Nice, Had drinks in lounge during happy hour 4 to 6:30. Also appreciated being able to get my points for being a Priority Club Member.

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor in the front so had a fairly nice view. Elephant Walk restaurant was in the hot...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our property. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and our staff in the Elephant Walk will be pleased to see that you had time to stop in and see them also. Please come see us again next time you're in town.

Petersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

..We have stayed at The Holiday Inn Tanglewood Roanoke Virginia for a number of years. they are Pet Friendly this is very important to us as we have a Petite Minature 8 lb Female Dachshund Our Pride and Joy. The rooms are excellent , comfortable and completely to your needs.Service , Front Desk, Housekeeping,Maintenance, Restaurant Staff Great.....Always friendly , great smile, call you by name ,this is so important A Special Thank you To PAT Wright and his Entire Staff. To Our Very Special Friends in the restaurant Matthew, Steven, and Robert Thank You for taking such good care and Feeding Us So Well. Gracie says Thank You, Thank You.. We Are Looking forward to our upcoming stay in September. Your Friends in Petersburg,.

Room Tip: We are extremely pleased in every respect, looking forward to our up coming stay in September.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thanks so much for reviewing our property, and for being such a loyal customer. We truly can't wait to see you again soon! And yes, we love our little fury friends as well. I will share your kind words with our staff in all the departments and let them know how much you appreciate them. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in September!!
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for the location which was as promised - about 2ish miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was adequate for one night but we wouldn't have stayed for two nights. Our room was one of the updated rooms including an HDTV. The bed was comfortable enough. I had to ask the front desk for pillow cases for the extra pillows in our room. No big deal but still. Unfortunately we had to call maintenance at 9:30 at night because the toilet wouldn't stop running. Maintenance did show up within 20 minutes and "fixed" it. We did not flush it all night for fear we'd be listening to it all night. In the morning it wasn't working again. We were woken up early with someone running on the treadmill. The fitness center opens at 5:30 a.m. and our room was directly next to it. All I could hear after that time was the treadmill! Ugh! Pool area is in need of a major cleaning and new furniture. If you want to sit outside in the evening bring bug spray. The mosquitos and no-see-um's destroyed us! The same black Lexus SUV was parked in the front alcove the entire time we were there which made loading and unloading a pain.

Room Tip: Avoid the 2nd floor next to the fitness center. We were in room 215 and as soon as the fitness cente...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for reviewing our property and letting us know how we can improve. I'm glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay, the HDTV's are a new addition we added along with the recent renovation to the property. I'm so sorry about the issue with the toilet, thank you for bringing that to my attention, we've repaired it and it shouldn't be a problem again. As you mentioned we are the closest full service property to the Blue Ridge Parkway and we offer the best views of the Blue Ridge Mountains anywhere is the city. Hopefully we get to see you again in the future, and thank you again for letting us know how you enjoyed your stay!

roanoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

After poor planning when I arrived in Roanoke to visit friends. I could not find a hotel that would rent without a credit card. Luckily, when I spoke with Jessica she was able to rent me a room using my id and a cash deposit. She was truly wonderful. All the staff were polite and courteous.I would recommend this hotel to everyone. The only complaint that I had was the trash dumpster being dumped at 5:30 am on a Saturday morning since I am a light sleeper.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
I'm so glad that you took the time to review our property and let us know how your stay was. I know it's hard sometimes to find a hotel that will accept a cash paying guest, but I'm glad you stumbled on to us. Jessica was so excited about your review, and I've shared this review with our management team. I'm sorry about the trash truck that early, I have called the removal company and straightened that out. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to let us and others know how we're doing!

Valencia, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Maybe I have been in too many Holiday Inns because I have started to compare carpets. This one has the cleanest so far. One thing I hate is dirty or worn carpets and in some HIs the carpets are so dirty you try and walk round the edges. The rooms are fine, good air cond., beds small, bathroom good. Restaurant fine and the staff are courteous and friendly. Our waiter was a very nice Tamil from Kerala. Food was really quite good. Overall, nice hotel. Everything a weary traveller needs. Good price.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you'll return again soon! Our carpets are new actually, just like the rest of the property (we just finished a renovation product that updated the entire hotel and restaurant). Thanks again for your kind words, travel safe.

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood? Share your experiences!