“Bog standard Holiday Inn, does the job.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Bog standard Holiday Inn, does the job.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Maybe I have been in too many Holiday Inns because I have started to compare carpets. This one has the cleanest so far. One thing I hate is dirty or worn carpets and in some HIs the carpets are so dirty you try and walk round the edges. The rooms are fine, good air cond., beds small, bathroom good. Restaurant fine and the staff are courteous and friendly. Our waiter was a very nice Tamil from Kerala. Food was really quite good. Overall, nice hotel. Everything a weary traveller needs. Good price.

• Stayed August 2013
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you'll return again soon! Our carpets are new actually, just like the rest of the property (we just finished a renovation product that updated the entire hotel and restaurant). Thanks again for your kind words, travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Wi.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Old hotel, but updated nicely. Rooms good size. Bed & bathroom very clean. Nice outdoor pool. Staff very nice. Received free breakfast with softball team. It was the same thing everyday! Would stay again if in area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hopefully we get to see you again in the future! And I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know that travel with sports teams can be stressful, but I'm glad to see that we delivered at outstanding stay for you and your team! Good luck in the future and please travel safe!
Erwin, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The condition of the motel was very good, but the staff is what made my stay as pleasant as it was. I feel like I've made two new friends who I hope to see again. Matthew Thomas was a very pleasant, friendly and helpful gentleman. I looked forward to seeing him each of my five mornings in Roanoke. Mr. B provided plenty of hospitality and entertainment in the Elephant Walk each evening. Overall, every member of the staff was pleasant, courteous and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We just finished a complete renovation of our property, and we're excited about the new product we offer, but what we pride ourselves on is our service. I'm so very pleased that Matthew and B were able to deliver such an excellent time for you. I will be sharing this review with them personally and look forward to seeing you again soon as well! Please travel safe, and thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay !
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

we were on motorcycles on the Blue Ridge Parkway,this is at mile marker 121.9 .it was chilly, wet and we were tired and found this place,they let us park our Bikes under the over hang in front and found them to be friendly, and polite,the room was very clean, went out of there way to help, visiting from Canada

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Bill L,
Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know how your stay with us was. We love our bikers, and we always try to make them feel at home here with us. I hope you enjoyed your time on the Blue Ridge Parkway, did you know that we are the closest full service property to the Parkway? I hope you got the chance to try our restaurant.

Please ride safe, and come see us again soon!!!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stopped here again after a not so good experience and was very pleased to find the hotel back up to Holiday Inn standards. Everything was perfect and staff was super!!!! Do stop here when in Roanoke and you will be very well taken care of if you get the same great service I received.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thanks for giving us another shot at providing the kind of service you deserve. We're all very excited to see that you came back and were willing to let us show you how we've improved upon our product and services! The entire hotel is new, and the renovation is done! Please let me know if you plan to come back, we would love to see you again soon!

Thanks again! Travel Safe
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The rooms were like most other Holiday Inn's, comfy, but nothing fancy. Everything was clean, and the staff were very friendly. We dined at the restaurant, and it was very good with reasonable prices. The kids also enjoyed the pool. All in all, it was a nice weekend getaway. Next time I think we'll stay closer to downtown, though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for staying with us and for letting us and others know how your stay was. We enjoyed having you and your family with us for the weekend, and I'm glad the weather held out so you could enjoy our pool. Our restaurant staff will be excited to hear that you were pleased with the food and service there as well. Also, we do provide a free shuttle service to local dining and events upon request, so if you're looking to go downtown we may be able to help you out there.

Thanks again, and hope to see you soon!
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

On my journey to Roanoke the A/C went out in the car, approximatey 200 miles in 95 degree heat. When we arrived at the hotel we inquired about a place to purchase some freon. The front desk Manager, PAUL WRIGHT exceeded our expectations when he suggested he could send his maintenace engineer, DENNIS RICHARDSON to purchase some on our behalf. We were over joyed that they offered to help us. Dennis went and purchased freon for the car. My friend and I are both women 50 years old so you can imagine....

I am not sure what Pauls current employment status is, but if I managed that property I would promote him above his peers. His willingness to help two older women obviously in distress was above and beyond any service I have received. (being ex military I have travelled quite extensively).

To the owners of Holiday Inn you have a loyal customer for life. To my fellow travellers...If you ever go to Roanoke stay at this Holiday Inn. Tell Paul, Trish sent ya!

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are in a separate wing.