“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was a guest at this hotel for just one night. But, I was very satisfied with this great hotel. It is convenient to the Interstate,airport, restaurants,business areas. I was really impressed with the views from this hotel. Quite stunning! The rooms were quite comfortable and clean. The staff was pleasant and friendly. Strong recommend for this hotel!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you so much for you kind words! We are all so glad you enjoyed your stay. We do offer the greatest views of the Blue Ridge Mountains anywhere in the valley, and our property just finished a beautiful renovation! I'm happy that you were impressed with our staff as well, we take pride in providing excellent service to each guest and its nice to see that we did so for you! Please stop by and see us again the next time you're in town!

Travel Safe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for a wedding. From the moment i booked my room the staff were rude. I was often put on hold for long periods of time. At first i assumed they were really busy, but I'm not so sure now. The stairwells very dirty and had some kind of dried, dark liquid on the walls. I would highly recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013
I'm so sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, we pride ourselves on our service and I'm saddened to hear that we didn't deliver on that in this case. Our hotel just finished a beautiful renovation which may explain some of the other issues. I would love to discuss this at greater length with you, please feel free to call me at any time.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here while visiting for a work conference and didn't quite feel like it was up to standards. Rooms were nice and clean, no complaints about beds or bathroom. Over all feel of hotel is that it could use some maintenance for common areas such as leaky ceilings , holes in the walls, and peeling wallpaper . The front desk people could use some customer service training , they didn't seem completely sure of what they were doing .

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Wdude99,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are delighted to read you found the rooms nice and clean. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Avoid Sheraton this is far better . Great staff and clean rooms. Will take all my business to them. There new look is awesome. Banquet staff is very curteous. Gave me free upgrade for being a priority club guest and concierge lounge is good too.

Room Tip: Ask for breakfast package.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us and others know how well we're doing, and thanks for the high praise. I'll be sharing this review with the entire staff at our next meeting! Our concierge lounge is something we offer to our Priority Club Members with a free continental breakfast Monday through Friday, and I'm glad you seem to have enjoyed that! And our banquet staff is second to none in my most humble opinion!

Thanks again for your kind words,
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were at a convention at the Civic center and booked the Holiday Inn @tanglewood. They are currently renovating the hotel so there were some amenities (like the pool) that was not open. When we checked in we told the front desk clerk we were priority club members and he looked up our number, but did not tell us of anything going on in the hotel or offer any assistance with local restaurants etc.
The next morning my Mother ran into another guest who asked if she was heading to the FREE breakfast for priority club members? She went each AM as did others in our group that were members, none of which were informed, however we did speak with ladies that were told about it and helped to fill out the forms so they were members.
The hotel was adequate, but overpriced for Roanoke.

• Stayed May 2013
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to let us know how your stay was. We strive to make every guest's experience with us a pleasurable one, and I'm sorry that you seem to have not gotten all the needed information at check in. We do offer a complimentary breakfast for our Priority Club Members on our fifth floor Monday through Friday, and we also have a buffet served in the Elephant Walk Restaurant and Lounge 7 days a week for those looking for more than the continental!!

Good news though! The renovation is complete and the pool is open!!! Please come back and see us again now that it's finished, the final product really is something to see!!

Thanks again for your time!
Travel safe!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I plan meetings for Non-Profit Groups, mostly Church-related groups.
I had a group of 400+ persons at this property in Nov. 2012.
They have completed their renovation and invited me back to take another look
The Ballroom is Beautiful-- New Carpet, New Lighting, etc. The theme
carries through into the breakout rooms as well.
I will be recommenind to my group to return to this hotel

I also discovered they have a VIP area on Floor 5 for Business Travelers,
for Brekafast. Nice touch

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains. Great view. One elevator is glass-so you can get a first hand...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I'm so glad you were able to make it back and see our beautifully renovated property! We're so looking forward to what's to come with our new ballrooms. Everyone seems to really love what we've done with them and we can't wait to start seeing the big groups like yours come and see them! The VIP lounge on our fifth floor is where our Priority Club Members can take time to grab a quick bite on the way to work in the morning and we offer that Monday through Friday!

Please come back and see us again soon, we can't wait!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying here for years and never saw this property in such good shape. Love their remodeling . Mr. Rohan was very helpful and even gave me tour of their ballrooms. Great job by entire cleaning and front desk staff. They earned my trust forever.

• Stayed May 2013
I'm so glad to know that our renovation is having an effect on our guests, it was a lot of time and effort involved from the planning right up to the final bit of carpet to complete. It is 100% finished now and we're rolling right into a great time of the year to show it off. I hope we get to see you again soon to show you what else we have to offer!!

Thank you for your kind words and feedback!
Travel Safe

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood? Share your experiences!