“Roanoke's Best Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Roanoke's Best Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Avoid Sheraton this is far better . Great staff and clean rooms. Will take all my business to them. There new look is awesome. Banquet staff is very curteous. Gave me free upgrade for being a priority club guest and concierge lounge is good too.

Room Tip: Ask for breakfast package.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us and others know how well we're doing, and thanks for the high praise. I'll be sharing this review with the entire staff at our next meeting! Our concierge lounge is something we offer to our Priority Club Members with a free continental breakfast Monday through Friday, and I'm glad you seem to have enjoyed that! And our banquet staff is second to none in my most humble opinion!

Thanks again for your kind words,

191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were at a convention at the Civic center and booked the Holiday Inn @tanglewood. They are currently renovating the hotel so there were some amenities (like the pool) that was not open. When we checked in we told the front desk clerk we were priority club members and he looked up our number, but did not tell us of anything going on in the hotel or offer any assistance with local restaurants etc.
The next morning my Mother ran into another guest who asked if she was heading to the FREE breakfast for priority club members? She went each AM as did others in our group that were members, none of which were informed, however we did speak with ladies that were told about it and helped to fill out the forms so they were members.
The hotel was adequate, but overpriced for Roanoke.

• Stayed May 2013
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to let us know how your stay was. We strive to make every guest's experience with us a pleasurable one, and I'm sorry that you seem to have not gotten all the needed information at check in. We do offer a complimentary breakfast for our Priority Club Members on our fifth floor Monday through Friday, and we also have a buffet served in the Elephant Walk Restaurant and Lounge 7 days a week for those looking for more than the continental!!

Good news though! The renovation is complete and the pool is open!!! Please come back and see us again now that it's finished, the final product really is something to see!!

Thanks again for your time!
Travel safe!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I plan meetings for Non-Profit Groups, mostly Church-related groups.
I had a group of 400+ persons at this property in Nov. 2012.
They have completed their renovation and invited me back to take another look
The Ballroom is Beautiful-- New Carpet, New Lighting, etc. The theme
carries through into the breakout rooms as well.
I will be recommenind to my group to return to this hotel

I also discovered they have a VIP area on Floor 5 for Business Travelers,
for Brekafast. Nice touch

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains. Great view. One elevator is glass-so you can get a first hand...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I'm so glad you were able to make it back and see our beautifully renovated property! We're so looking forward to what's to come with our new ballrooms. Everyone seems to really love what we've done with them and we can't wait to start seeing the big groups like yours come and see them! The VIP lounge on our fifth floor is where our Priority Club Members can take time to grab a quick bite on the way to work in the morning and we offer that Monday through Friday!

Please come back and see us again soon, we can't wait!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying here for years and never saw this property in such good shape. Love their remodeling . Mr. Rohan was very helpful and even gave me tour of their ballrooms. Great job by entire cleaning and front desk staff. They earned my trust forever.

• Stayed May 2013
I'm so glad to know that our renovation is having an effect on our guests, it was a lot of time and effort involved from the planning right up to the final bit of carpet to complete. It is 100% finished now and we're rolling right into a great time of the year to show it off. I hope we get to see you again soon to show you what else we have to offer!!

Thank you for your kind words and feedback!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed during an extremely busy weekend with graduation, almost all hotels booked in entire Roanoke area. Arrived at 2 in the morning, check in services very nice. Room was waiting for us. Excellent service in middle of night. Old style hotel, but still nice and updated, without a renovation. Even though booked to capacity, room was very quiet at night. Only disappointment was breakfast.....Hampton inn style food with charge. IHOP nearby. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. I would love to see you stay with us again! I remember the weekend you're talking about, and it was pretty crazy here, but we strive to provide excelent service even when we have hundreds of guests with us. About the breakfast, I would love to know what we can do to improve it for the next time you stay with us, if you would like please feel free to give me a call at my office and we can talk about any suggestions you may have for us to improve upon that. I hope you got to try dinner in our Elephant Walk Restaurant and Lounge though, the crab cakes are to die for!!!

Thank you again!
Travel safe!
Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I booked this hotel on Hotwire; I was expecting an average hotel...but ended up with this gem! The lobby was clean and professional; the front desk staff were efficient, kind, and even asked me later about the room (!); and the room itself was clean, spacious (had a king room) and very comfortable. The location seemed fine--it's surrounded by office building and medical suites. I felt completely comfortable there as a single woman.

I didn't see many restaurants in the area, though, which brings me to the only downside: the restaurant attached to the hotel gave off a rather sketchy vibe. I went to the restaurant about 730pm on a Friday night...and I brought the guest number to 10. Eating alone in a large, empty restaurant isn't my idea of a fun (or safe?) evening, so I got my order to-go. Food was good, decent prices, and the waiter said there would be music later, but next time, I'll order pizza.

But the hotel itself was AMAZING and I would highly recommend it! It's quiet, being a little off the main highways, and modern, clean, and comfortable.

Room Tip: fitness center is on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to tell others about our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed our location, it is nice to be a little off the highway, but we are also the closest full service hotel to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I 'm also glad that you had the chance to enjoy food from the Elephant Walk Restaurant. Next time you stay with us, bear in mind that they will deliver room service to you as well!!

Thank you again for your time and kind words, we look forward to seeing you again soon!!!
Waynesboro, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was with a group who had over 80 rooms and we all had nothing but good things to say about staff, clean hotel and great managers. We are going back to this hotel next year. The new look is realy modern and very attractive. I would highly recommend this place for any visit.

Room Tip: If you need anything just call front desk and they will get it done for you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your the time you took to submit your feedback. We take great pride in the service we deliver and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We did just complete a recent renovation and it's nice to see that it's getting noticed. Our management team shared this review in our weekly meeting this morning and we were all so happy to hear that the front desk staff was quick and dependable. We look forward to seeing you again soon and hope that you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Thank you again!
Travel safe.

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood? Share your experiences!