“Don't know why bad surveys” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Don't know why bad surveys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was with a group who had over 80 rooms and we all had nothing but good things to say about staff, clean hotel and great managers. We are going back to this hotel next year. The new look is realy modern and very attractive. I would highly recommend this place for any visit.

Room Tip: If you need anything just call front desk and they will get it done for you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your the time you took to submit your feedback. We take great pride in the service we deliver and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We did just complete a recent renovation and it's nice to see that it's getting noticed. Our management team shared this review in our weekly meeting this morning and we were all so happy to hear that the front desk staff was quick and dependable. We look forward to seeing you again soon and hope that you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Thank you again!
Travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff here is unbelievably kind and helpful. We traveled with a very large group, and they met all of our needs and were extremely accommodating. I needed to scan and fax several important documents, (which they did for me) and they even let me use their office at one point. A great staff, especially Mr. Rohan Patel, the assistant general manager!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback, we're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and Look forward to seeing you again. I will pass along your comments to Rohan who I know will be excited that you were so willing to take time out of your busy day to let us know how we're doing. We pride ourselves on service, and it's so nice to hear that our guests enjoy the extra time that we take to make sure they are taken care of!

Travel safe.
Bangalore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Roanoke oozes warmth. Right from the staff at the airport, the taxi drivers [the first time in the US, the driver refused a tip and gave me a discount on the fare] with whom I exchanged anecdotes, and any stranger you'd ask for directions. I experienced the same warmth from the staff at the hotel, and it was for this reason I went back there for the second time. However, this property is a bit off the mark compared to other Holiday Inn properties. The rooms wear a worn look, the floor carpet is dirty, sometimes there's stuff missing [what should have been a large mirror only had an emptry rectangular frame], etc. The breakfast was average. The shuttle service though was amazing. They even offered to drop me to the airport long after I had checked out of the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the Blue Ridge mountain ranges [guess they are called bedroom view or something lik...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear ArunTourister,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am very pleased to know that you found our staff to be accommodating. However, please accept my apologies that the room accommodations you had did not live up to standards. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Again, thank you so much for the candid feedback and I sincerely hope that when you are in the area you give our hotel another try.

Regards,

Pam G.
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stopped staying at this Holiday Inn about 2 years ago because the staff kept messing up my reservations and charging me the wrong price and several other errors. I gave it another try last weekend and that will be my last try. I got to the room and it appeared clean. I went to use the bathroom and found that the roll of toilet paper in the bathroom had been dropped into something wet (the toilet bowl?) and then put back on the dispenser. Can we all say "GROSS!!!"

I went down to the front desk to show them the sloppy housekeeping job and the clerk said, "I see it." No apology, no offer to replace the toilet paper, nothing. I left and spent the night at a friend's house, I checked the room in the morning and the roll had still not been replaced.

That was just plain disgusting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Don M,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We certainly work very hard to ensure our guests receive the very best service we can provide each and every day. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the cleanliness in the bathroom. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen C
Silver Spring
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was tired when I got to this property. The staff were nice but the room wan't so thrilling. They put me in a handicap accesible room next to the elevator. This room wasn't noise proof so you heard the elevator alot. The mattress was very soft and uncomfortable. Breakfast was less than adequate. Coffee was super bland,eggs were almost green and so on. I'd rather sleep in my car next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear CookingupaStorm,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for the room conditions that did not meet your expectations. We will certainly discuss your comments with our staff. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Janice A
Culver City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here for business purposes. The hotel is basis but clean and is in the process of upgrading the rooms. I had an issue with noise and the engineer, Mr. Smith, spent almost an hour to help me find the right. I appreciate that type of customer service. Checking in and checking out was no problem.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wytheville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay and the events of MystiCon held at this nice establishment. The front desk clerks were friendly, the room was nice and clean, comfortable bed, enjoyed downtime with the television (ahhh, the luxury of HBO), climate control functioned nicely, pretty nice location for shopping and eating, ... Only thing we didn't check out was the restaurant at the hotel. Overall, I found it cozy and nice! We would recommend this hotel as well as stay here again (especially for MystiCon!).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Never have we been more proud to host a convention event. This year was so spectacular and we were so excited leading up to and during the events. I'm glad you were able to relax in your room (that's a 32" 1080 HD TV), and yes, HBO in every room. I wish you had been able to try the Elephant Walk Restaurant though, the food there really is great. Maybe next year though. Thanks again for staying with us, and hopefully we'll see you again next year!

Travel Safe

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood? Share your experiences!