“Great stay for MystiCon” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
“Great stay for MystiCon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

For anyone who has ever run a convention it's a lot of work. And when you reach capacity, if the hotel staff isn't up to the challenge the results can be horrendous. Luckily the staff at the Holiday Inn - Tanglewood were up to snuff. Paul, Rohan, Ashley, Erin and Dylan at the front desk began with excellent service. Amazing job handling a large number of people in their lobby while making check in seem like a breeze. Paul, Erin and Rohan in particular gave an extremely personal touch, being able to call the event coordinators and a large number of the volunteers by name throughout the weekend. I cannot sing enough praises for Leo and Sis who worked housekeeping on my floor. These two were extremely attentive to the unique needs of my room which was being used to run a near twenty-four hour a day game. The only downside is it seemed the restaurant was understaffed for such a large event and could easily fall behind, even with several empty tables. Luckily staff from other parts of the hotel were willing to step in and help out. The food, though, once delivered was fantastic. Overall it was an excellent location for our large event and I look forward to working with them in years to come.

• Stayed February 2013
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I'm pleased to hear that everything went well for your event! Our staff worked extremely hard around the clock that weekend, and it's nice to see that we were able to serve as a great hotel to host you. Leo and Sis we definetly see a copy of this, and I'll see to it personally that they, along with Erin, Rohan, Ashley and Dylan are recognized for their outstanding efforts in serving you. I'm saddened that the staff in the restaurant was not as impressive, but it is good to hear that you enjoyed the food! We as well look forward to hosting your even again and again.

Thank you again for your feedback as it is essential to our continued effort to provide excellent service to each and every guest.

Travel Safe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was my first visit to the Holiday Inn Roanoke-Tanglewood, and I certainly look forward to my next visit. We stayed for two nights (friday and saturday) while visiting a convention in the same building. I found the staff nothing but courteous and I didn't have a single complaint about the cleanliness of the room or any other aspect of the hotel.

I never visited the spa (didn't have time to) but i imagine it followed the same excellent standards as the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you again for choosing us. I hope you enjoyed the convention and that you'll get the opportunity to come again next year. I'm especially excited to see that you were impresseed with our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service and are very glad to hear that we did so for you!

Charleston, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

When we traveled to this hotel, I was 8 months pregnant, which is not the most comfortable state to travel in. My husband told the hotel staff about my condition and how I needed extra pillows to prop myself up to ease discomfort while I slept, and when we got to our room there were extra pillows waiting for me on the bed! Also, we got a handicapped room on the first floor, which really helped me get around when walking was awkward. At first we noticed that we did not have a fridge in our room, but it only took one word to the front desk and soon they had a new fridge installed for us so I could store the bottles of water I used to keep hydrated. The cleaning staff were also extremely friendly and would jump to help me out with anything extra we needed. If you're traveling pregnant or with any other conditions that might cause you issues, this is the hotel to stay at, because the staff did everything they could to make sure I was as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback, and I hope everything is going great with your pregnancy! I remember traveling with my wife when she was 7 months with our third, (she was not all that happy about...well...me at that point). I'm so glad that we were able to make things a little less uncomfortable for you, and I hope that you and your family are blessed with a beautiful baby! Please come and see us again soon, and thank you again for your kind words.

Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family of four was there for a convention, and couldn't have been more pleased with the customer service. The decor and accommodations were ok, but the ongoing renovations should help. The dog-friendly rooms were appreciated. The location was lovely and convenient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know how we're doing. I'm so happy to hear that you had a great stay! I'm glad that you were able to bring your pet, and that you noticed the work we're doing to improve our product even more! Thank you again for your time and kind words.

Monroe, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel was stellar over the convention weekend. Totally loved the service everywhere except the hotel's restaurant. Never have we had worse service in a restaurant. The food made up for it somewhat. The food was good, the hotel's beds were fantastic and extra super comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us, and for your feedback. I glad that you enjoyed the service at our hotel! And I hope you had a great time at the Con. I'm very sad you hear that you didn't receive acceptable service in our restaurant however, and I truly hope we get the chance to redeem ourselves again next year.

Thank you again for taking time out of your day to let us know how we're doing,
Ringgold, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for four days as part of a recent convention. We enjoyed our time at the hotel immensely. Of particular note was the man working the breakfast shift in the hotel restaurant. He was polite and courteous. He suggested we try the hotel's Belgian waffles because, in his words, they were scrumptious. He was completely right.

The hotel was undergoing renovations to the outside of the hotel, but we never found this to be a problem at all. My only complaint about the hotel is the size of the pillows. I do wish they were somewhat larger. Other than this, we had no problems and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback, and we're very glad you had such an excellent time with us!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the waffles!! I personally love them as well. I hope you had a great time at the convention as well, and we hope you get to come back again next year!

Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I thought the beds were very comfortable. I like the idea of being able to change the temperature in the room. The television was nice; however, it was very difficult to use as far as changing channels, it was very slow. Everyone was very nice and the room was relatively clean. I expected the room to be bigger, we brought our boys and it was a bit cramped. . .especially since the only picture that pops up on the site has a large tub in the room in addition to the bathroom and a love seat. The bathrooms were okay, they didn't have a warmer or a vent to suck up the condensation when you take a shower but all in all everyone was very gracious. I think maybe I don't stay at hotels enough to make that call. I think because it was a "Holiday Inn" I just expected more. I think if I didn't have two small children the room would have been okay. Also I wish there was an indoor pool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to offer us your feedback, it is vital to our continued effort to deliver excellent service to each and every guest. We all hope that we get another chance to serve you again in the future. We pride ourselves on our service, and we are making major changes to our property inside and out. I know that we can exceed your expectations next time! Thank you again for staying with us and for your feedback.

Travel Safe

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood? Share your experiences!