“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Radford, Virginia
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed 2 nights for a local wedding. Everything was adequate. Problem with the shower fixed immediately upon reporting the problem. Clean rooms, friendly staff. Friends had a "parlor room" which was great to have a place to hang out with a kitchen! Convenient to Tanglewood mall, and area restaurants. Basic hotel breakfast (eggs, waffles, etc.), not included with price unless you are a club member, then only available free to club members Monday through Friday.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope the wedding was fantastic! I'm very pleased to see that our maintenance crew was on top of things when you had an issue in the room, our chief engineer will be very please to hear that! Our parlor rooms are unique, one-of-a-kind congregational rooms that are very useful for family events and weddings, and I'm happy you were able to find use in one. Our full buffet breakfast is available 7 days a week, and we do have a continental on weekdays for our club members as well. I do hope you we get to see you again, and thanks again for your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Everything met my expectations of Holiday Inn...nothing exceptional, but good nonetheless. Typical mid-scale rooms and decor. I don't think you'll have any negative issues unless you're a Ritz-Carlton type of traveller.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
I'm so glad to know that our property met your expectations! I noticed that you provided high marks for the cleanliness and service categories. I'm very pleased to see that as we've spent a lot of time and effort in training over the past few months. My staff will be excited to know that you were pleased with them. I'm wondering though if you had the chance to eat in our restaurant? I hope that you did, and that you enjoyed it. If you didn't find the time do get into the lounge, then i truly hope you get to stay with us again. We feel that our restaurant is one of the best qualities we have here. Thank you again for your feedback, and let me know when you're coming back by!!
Johnson City, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Made a reservation through 1 800 Holiday and when I showed up at 11:30pm I learn they were over booked. They had made a reservation for me across town , at a less desirable hotel, in an undesirabled section of town. When I spoke with 1 800 Holiday customer serivce they told me the manger would call. He did, he apologized and said he would send me a voucher for a free night at his hotel. That was labor weekend and I have seen nothing in the mail. Trust 1 800 Holiday...won't try it again or the hotel....Bad customer service for a manager not to honor his word!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear nacstafford,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, VA. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oneonta, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stopped here overnight on a bus trip from Alabama to Pennsylvania. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. They have a choice of soft or firm pillows. There was a small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker in the room. The hotel has a very basic continental breakfast for Priority Club members but not for others. There is an adjacent restaurant but we did not eat there so I can't report on their food or prices. Also, since we were on a bus trip I am unable to comment on the hotel prices. There is a nearby mall and several good places to eat.
We were tired from riding all day and slept well with no noise problems.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback, we're glad that we had the opportunity to serve you and thankful that you enjoyed your stay. I hope the rest of your trip went well and that we get to see you again. The continental breakfast is a bonus that we do offer to all our Priority Club Members and I do hope you were pleased with that. Our restaurant does serve a full service buffet breakfast every morning as well. I hope that the next time you stay with us you'll have a chance to try out our restaurant as well. Thank you again for your comments, and please travel safe until we see you again!
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn Tanglewood for a business trip. The hotel is ok - definitely in need of updating. My room was on the 5th floor. The wing where it was located seemed newer and better kept than the main area. Perhaps that area was newly renovated.

The hotel staff was friendly. I arrived early and requested to check in. A room wasn't ready just yet but they quickly notified me when it was available.

My work meeting included dinner and the buffet meal provided was good. The food was well seasoned and fresh. I was less than impressed with the cocktails served up at the cash bar. Not sure if the bartender knew what she was doing.

I spent time at the lounge later that evening and enjoyed time with the bartender on duty - B. Definitely a personable fellow - he created a lively atmosphere and encouraged the other patrons at the bar to interact. He's a gem.

Overall - it was an enjoyable stay but the hotel is in need of updating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I'm so glad to hear your feedback. We did indeed just finish a renovation of all our sleeping rooms, and we are starting our renovation on our banquets and public areas very soon (by the end of this year). The next time you come for a meeting you wont even believe how much has changed. I'm so glad that you were pleased with your room and the food for your meeting. And thank you for spending some time in our lounge as well, B. has been with us a very long time and I will personally make it a point to recognize him for his good work. Again, thank you so much for your feedback, our staff will be very proud to hear all of this. When we see you again, please let us know what you think of our renovation!
Bedford, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have coordinated an event here for three years. The prices are reasonable, the space is sufficient for our needs, and the staff are unmatched in their responsiveness. From the hotel manager to the maintenance guys, everyone works together to quickly and happily solve whatever issues our participants have during the event. The front desk staff were friendly, the event/catering staff were on the ball. Everything is consistently done well, just as we request it. We get raving reviews on our event every year and I know the hotel staff has a lot to do with it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a corporate event.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Paul W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. It's great to hear that our banquet facility was able to meet your expectations again this year. I know everyone in that department was excited to be here the day of your event. As you know we have quite a large banquet area, and it is fun to host event of all size and purpose, and I'm so glad to hear that those that were in attendance for your event were pleased with the staff and services. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to hopefully hosting your event once again next year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Paul, the front desk manager, was very kind to us and put us at ease when we required shuttling more than once due to our own indecision! with such friendly employees, would definitely recommend staying here or using conference amenities.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke - Tanglewood? Share your experiences!