“Very clean; extremely nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Powhatan, Virginia
“Very clean; extremely nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here this past Monday night because of the proximity to Roanoke Memorial Hospital. We were delighted with the cleanliness of the room - it was cozy and well-appointed, and as I mentioned, very clean! I have to give a shout out to the lady who makes the breakfast-this is no lame effort! The platters were filled with delicious offerings, and remained through the morning, so one did not feel rushed to get down the hall and hurry-a very nice treat.The only (minor) complaint I had was with the TV reception...somewhat fuzzy, although still 'watchable'. We will definitely be patronizing the Sleep Inn in the future when our schedule requires us to be in this area.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed here on our weekend trip to the Martinsville Races. We selected this hotel for a number of reasons, One being it's location. We wanted to stay far enough away from the track to avoid the rowdy race crowd so we could get some sleep. Second, we selected this hotel due to the new renovations and the fact they are a Choice hotel. Being a Choice Diamond club member we have come to expect a higher level of service from Chioce hotels than other chains.

I called to make reservations and found the staff very helpful and knowledgeable of the area. Upon our arrival we found the front desk agent going out of his way to help another guest find a hotel who could accomodate their special needs. Right away I was impressed with this young man. During my wait I explored the hotel. It was clean and smelled fresh. The lobby was inviting and comfortable. While we could see small signs of remodel, the hotel did a great job of hiding it.

Our room was clean and modern. The bed was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was cool. It did not feel like a room at the sleep in, rather a room at a much higher class hotel. The only suggestions I would have for our room would be a lamp in the far corner and a larger handle on the bathroom door. Aside from that the room was GREAT!

Now with all the good I talked about you may be asking why I gave it the rating I did. Here is why... On our second night we were kept awake until 2:30 am by females screaming and running up and down the hall. I went to the front desk and to complain and I couldn't find anyone. After 15 minutes of looking I found an employee. I asked if she could hear the screaming. She said "What did you say?" as she was not able to hear me over the screaming. I told her the screaming was keeping me awake and needed to stop. She said "Yes sir". I went back to my room where I laid for another 20 minutes listening to the screaming. I walked out of my room and was almost knocked down by 3 girls in their twenties who were seemingly having a water-gun battle. I looked over the balcony outside of my room where I saw the desk agent playing on her phone. I went down and told her that if it does not stop in the next 5 minutes I would be calling the cops and then Choice hotels. She said "Yes sir". Shortly after the noise mostly stopped and I was able to sleep.

The next morning I checked out and when asked about my stay I told the desk agent about the events of the night before. She said "Oh. Here is your receipt" and she walked away.

If it were not for the poor way the night before was handled and the lack of care shown by the women checking us out, this rating would be perfect.

We may return again, but no promises.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

Holes in ceiling, the place smells, no bath tubs, picture on TV snowy, refrigerator makes noise like it's going to blow up and then doesn't get cold, toilet so loose that when you sit on it you think it's going to fall over. Pillows on bed aren't even full size, never seen pillows this small before on a bed. Bedspread old and tacky. Will never stay here again. The price should be $20 a night for what you get in the rooms.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Bristol, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

I was told the place is undergoing renovations. As you walk in, the place smells overpowering of antiseptics. I felt like I was in a hospital. We did not want the room in the basement and the young lady at the desk, April, was very accommodating to change our rooms to the second floor where she said they were newly renovated. Yeah, maybe new beds, but the rugs were dirty (my white socks were filthy). My colleagues with me said the same thing of their rooms too. Thin towels, small room, funny smell here too....
The breakfast is sugary donuts and a waffle machine along with some fruit and more cakes and muffins. We opted for coffee and going out....
One guest said they spotted a raccoon along the perimeter of the building and it was going in and out of the room to the right of the entrance where the trash is kept with the door open.
Coffee is weak and warm and so we walked to the KFC next door for coffee.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2015

This hotel had been renovated and is clean and quiet. Great value for the price! They were vacuuming the lobby very early in the morning 6:30am and I asked them to do it later because my room was on the second floor with an open balcony and it was very loud! It sounded like it was right outside my door. They were very accommodating and did stop. I had another hour to sleep so I did not feel they needed to clean that early!

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

Upon arrival they didn't have my reservation in their system and admitted that they have been having problems with Price.Com bookings. The desk manager called them and cancelled the reservation and rebooked me plus placing my wife & I in a suite for the same price I originally book for a single room for the trouble we experienced. For a two star hotel it was very quiet and the beds were excellent. Breakfast was good and the room was comfortable . As with all older hotels within this pay range it was above average and I was very satisfied with the price paid and service received. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014

Room was very clean. There wasn't any sign of dust on the Flat screen TV or table. Mattress appeared to be new. It was very comfortable.Sheets were clean. Very quiet. I didn't hear any noise outside my window or in the hallway during my four night stay from September 01-September 05. Fridge in the room kept my water and canned sodas very cold. Everything in the bathroom was clean. Ample supply of fresh, clean, towels. The houskeeper gave me new toiletries every day.The guests staying there were friendly and each staff member was very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. I don't have any complaints about this hotel.
jill10

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, January 23, 2015
My staff and I truly appreciate the kind words!

Been to Sleep Inn Tanglewood? Share your experiences!