“Very Clean and Updated Room” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Brick, New Jersey
“Very Clean and Updated Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Room was very clean. There wasn't any sign of dust on the Flat screen TV or table. Mattress appeared to be new. It was very comfortable.Sheets were clean. Very quiet. I didn't hear any noise outside my window or in the hallway during my four night stay from September 01-September 05. Fridge in the room kept my water and canned sodas very cold. Everything in the bathroom was clean. Ample supply of fresh, clean, towels. The houskeeper gave me new toiletries every day.The guests staying there were friendly and each staff member was very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. I don't have any complaints about this hotel.
jill10

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, 3 days ago
My staff and I truly appreciate the kind words!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014

I have stayed at this Sleep Inn for years, it is conveniently located and use to be well run. Not anymore, I stayed there on Dec 13 and although it was reasonable clean the day time staff left a LOT to be desired. First off we went for breakfast with about 45 minutes before the break bar closed and they were out of coffee. We ask the attendant if she had more coffee brewing and she just glared at us. Never answered the question and turned and went into the back and bought out a fresh craft. She literally slung it into the holder and glared at us again. Needless to say we felt uncomfortable while we ate our breakfast. Knowing that everyone can have a bad, we shook it off but noticed that all the staff were grumpy. At about 10:35 as we were packing up the room phone rung and it was Angie at the front desk to remind us that check out was in 25 minutes. REALLY!!?? We again felt unwelcome and I am sure it was the staff trying to rush us out, for there were no more guests in the hotel and they wanted to clean our room so they could go home. We literally felt like they were saying GET OUT, and don't let the door knob hit you in the butt on the way out. I did email Travis the GM and got a form letter back, so obviously he doesn't care either.

So, my guess is the management of this hotel is the problem and the bad attitudes roll down hill. I travel a great deal and I only write reviews when the service or experience is awesome or as in this case horrible.

Room Tip: Get a suite
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
I would like to apologize on behalf of the staff and I for your terrible stay. The breakfast attendan'ts behaviour was unacceptable and resulted in discipline as The "form" letter had stated. The reason I had only sent a "form" letter and not a personal phone call as is my policy on guest complaints was because per your request you did not want to hear from me. I also ask my clerks to call rooms between 10:30 and 10:45 to ask if they still plan on departing today or would you like to stayover another night. I have never had a guest tell me that it made them feel as if we are booting them out the door until now so I did not see a need to change it, however, since this complaint we have changed our policy to only give the courtesy call to our hospital guests or regular corporate clients. This helps them tremendously as usually in both cases the guest is unsure of an exact checkout date.I also assure you that we would never rush any guest out just so an employee could go home. Many times in the low demand time of December we would just save the room to be cleaned the next day if the demand to rent it that night was not there. I am sorry that I have lost your business and I do hope that your future stays at other hotels are more enjoyable!
Tazewell, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

Very good! Beds were comfortable, everything was clean, friendly staff, shower was nice and hot. No complaints. Wonderful!!! And QUIET!!! Breakfast looked delicious (even though we didn't have time to eat). Rooms were very spacious & the sliding doors on the bathroom were awesome! Would definitely recommend for the price!

Stayed December 2014
Thank you so much for the kind review I do hope to see you the next time you are in roanoke
Boyce, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

The Sleep Inn on Electric Road at Roanoke is ten minutes from downtown . Accommodations are comfortable, the morning continental breakfast is extensive, and Tanglewood Mall plus other dining are nearby.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be good. My preference is lobby level.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, December 9, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind review. I do hope you choose Sleep Inn to stay at the next time you are in town.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

Room smelled like smoke, felt dirty, and we found a live small bug on the sheets of one of the beds the next morning, after sleeping in the bed! Breakfast buffet was far from appetizing with the flat eggs being burnt and dried out and the sausage watery and appeared under microwaved. I will say the man that checked us in and the lady working the buffet were friendly but the facilities need updating and the buffet better attended. I rated them on their own website and got an apology from the manager and then I replied to him that if he was willing to give us compensation for our poor experience by offering us a reduced room for our next travels to Roanoke, then I would be willing to give them another try and wouldn't put a review on tripadvisor, but he never replied. So, here's my review. I won't ever stay there again!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Please contact me at the hotel directly to further discuss the opportunity to earn back your business.
Colonial Heights, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

We were pretty impressed the first night. Check in was good and the desk clerk was friendly, and gave us a great deal on an upgrade that we really needed. The room was very classy, newly renovated most likely. It was also very well designed, with a walk in shower that was really unique.

Then the trouble started. The first morning, housekeeping came in twice, once to bring towels, next to do everyting else. These visits were at least an hour apart, if not more. We are not sure why it took 2 trips, but we weren't comfortable with that. One trip should be all housekeeping needs to be in our room. The only comfort was that our prescription meds and valuables were with us both times. Morning 2, we got towels and nothing else. The beds were not made, trash not taken out, nothing was cleaned. We told the front desk, after we took out our own trash and were told the manager would be informed. When I checked out the following morning I spoke with the manager to let him know what happened. He didn't seen too concerned either way. We won't be back.

Room Tip: The rooms are nice, the service is really bad.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
I know I have spoke to you on the phone and have since made this right but I did want to apologize again on behalf of my staff and I!! We have met with all parties responsible and have adopted a better policy on stay over rooms.
Jonesborough, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Asked for room, got a suite which was evidently still being renovated. Beds were o.k., but not quite the comfort level of the previous Sleep Inn stay. No elevator. Nice desk and chair for wifi use, comfortable but dated sofa and chair. Bedspreads were dated and the pocket doors were a bit confusing. Location and price were good and breakfast was more than adequate. Room smelled nice and appeared to be quite clean.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our housekeeping management. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Been to Sleep Inn Tanglewood? Share your experiences!