“Great room for a budget price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Henderson, Nevada
“Great room for a budget price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The price of this hotel can't be beat. And it was clean and neat. The staff were courteous. It offers a nice continental breakfast which, again, at this price is really nice. I did have a noise issue that was corrected right away by staff by checking me into a top floor room. Things to know:

1. Ask for a top floor room if you can carry your bags up the stairs (no elevator). I could hear every move the person made in the room above me.
2. The refrigerator is larger than your normal hotel room fridge which is nice if you are staying longer than a couple of days.
3. The showerhead is stationary but has great water pressure - I'm always looking for a hand-held - it's like searching for a needle in a haystack. (No tub - just a large shower stall)
4. I was first booked into an older room then into one of the renovated rooms. They were both pretty much alike except for the modernity of the decor.

Room Tip: If you are a woman traveling alone I would recommend asking for a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor. The...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! The staff here are more than acomodating when it comes to our guests. We are aware of our elevator situation and are willing to carry any bags for any guest. We strive to offer good southern hospitality and a comfortable room.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay while visiting family back home. I could not figure out how to access the internet from my room. I called to the desk and spoke to the General Manager and he instructed us how to get on. A few moments later the clerk, Raj had called just to make sure all was still ok with the internet and our room. We decided to add an extra night after being treated with such hospitality

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are happy to help guests with any issue that happens during their stay. I am happy to hear that Raj's quick actions led to helping secure another life long guest. Please stop by any time you are in the Roanoke Valley.
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel itself is a bit dated and undergoing renovations. Despite this the price was right and the staff was very professional and accommodating. Mike Snelling was especially helpful with a number of needs I had as a cross-country cyclist. He helped make my stay quite enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We are undergoing renovations to to improve our customers experience. It is employees like Mike Snellings that helps put us above our competition. Please stop by the hotel next time your riding through the valley!
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I enjoyed my stay in the in-progress, renovated Sleep Inn. At least, I hope they aren't finished renovating yet. There are certainly some nice amenities like the furniture, fridge/freezer, desk, etc. The door to the bathroom is an old-school sliding door that disappears into it's hiding cubby if it's pushed too far. This makes for a struggle to get it out again. The exhaust fan that turns on automatically when the bathroom light is on was like a loud, squeaky wheel. The A/C has to be set at a much lower temperature because the thermometer must be broken. The front desk employee, Raj, was very nice. The interior is nice and I'd say overall it's worth the price. But, I would recommend having another final inspection crew go through each of the rooms to make sure it's up to the standards set by Sleep Inn. Thanks for a good stay.

Room Tip: Perhaps it would help to call ahead and ask which rooms have been completely renovated and request t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. You are exactly right, we are still doing minor tweaking to finish our renovations. We have completed the main part which is gutting the rooms and re finishing and purchasing new furniture and equipment. Now comes the remaining parts. replacing old Air conditioners, bath fans, bedding, and sprucing up the outside. This is a 30 year old property in which we hope in the coming months will be top of the line and state of the art. please stop by next time you stay and let us know how you we are doing!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Spent the night at this hotel while moving across the country. Very nice facility, very clean, excellent service, really nice hot breakfast and again, excellent service. This experience caused us to chose another Sleep Inn on the next night of our journey. We hIghly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words and support for Choice Hotels! I hope that you stay with us any time that your coming through the Roanoke Valley!
Lindside, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Recently stayed one night while in town on business. Paid about half what the famous downtown hotel wanted. The room was satisfactory (about average), bur the sheets and bedspread were ancient and need to be replaced. Best part of the stay was when I left my briefcase behind, and the desk clerk Travis managed to find out my cell number and called me before I left town. Inside was my computer and irreplaceable records. In general the staff was very friendly and helpful with any other need I had. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to give great customer service and go above and beyond the standard for guests. We do apololgize for not having the new bedding in yet as we are still finishing up renovations.
Upper Marlboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The hotel is undergoing renovations. Let me tell you about the good: the staff is very accommodating; the room I had was spacious (2-queen bed suite with sitting room); two TVs and two toilets - one each in the bedroom and one each in the sitting area; close to shopping and eateries; easy on/off the highway. Because it was undergoing renovation and workers tramping through the area, dust seemed to be everywhere. The renovated rooms still needed some tweeking but a call to the front desk had the management doing everything they could to correct any problem. My group had eight rooms and I didn't get any complaints from them. The better news for this hotel is if you don't mind a little dust AND you want to be treated like you are the most important guest that this hotel will ever receive - this is the place for you. I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Travis H, General Manager at Sleep Inn Tanglewood, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your insight into the hotel! It was a pleasure to get to meet your bowling group and I do apologize for any inconveniences that you encountered. I have a wonderful staff in place here at Sleep Inn Tanglewood. We are excited about the continuing development of the hotel and believe that every time you come back the experience will be even better! We have many more upgrades coming and hope to see you anytime you come to the Roanoke Valley!

Been to Sleep Inn Tanglewood? Share your experiences!